1.    #1  
    and it still takes 15 seconds to load. I'd like to keep it open, but it is my only application that will consistently crash due to an illegal operation error when open for any length of time, usually within an hour or so. It varies for reasons I can't identify, but it will always eventually crash. Sometimes, just the app can be closed, and other times webOS needs to reboot whether I want it to or not.

So my question is, when is the next faster-loading and stable version going to be released?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I would like to see an update as well, Classic needs to support apps like kinoma
    Im about ready to pitch Classic. It never worked to well for me. It would sync my calendar once after a hard reset, but then time out after there were any updates locally or on the server. Now that there is a patch to put Icons in the month view I can move away from Datebk6.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by balboadave View Post
    and it still takes 15 seconds to load. I'd like to keep it open, but it is my only application that will consistently crash due to an illegal operation error when open for any length of time, usually within an hour or so. It varies for reasons I can't identify, but it will always eventually crash. Sometimes, just the app can be closed, and other times webOS needs to reboot whether I want it to or not.
    Same here. I don't keep Classic open because of that. Also, the email app (and maybe others) seems to run rather sluggishly when Classic is open.
    There are still some PalmOS apps that are not likely to be ported to webOS, and for some of us they're important apps. For me, it's Pleco. I'd have to buy an iPhone or iTounch if I didn't have Classic.
    Classic has been vastly improved in stability and performance starting from version 2.0 and would not crash under normal circumstances.

You might try to find out if there is some particular app installed in Classic which does not fit well.

What you can do is monitor Classic's behavior and remove suspicious apps from the phone.

In these cases we also recommend performing a hard reset in Classic and installing only one app at a time so that users can find out at which point Classic starts to crash, i.e. which installation or setting has caused the issue.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    I bought classic for the Voice Memo app. It worked for awhile, then all of a sudden last week it started to say "Error, unable to start recording." Luckily I had the zcorder homebrew app and was able to turn it quickly on and capture what I needed.

Still, what's with Classic? I've done soft and hard resets since last week and still the Voice Memo doesn't work.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Classic has been vastly improved in stability and performance starting from version 2.0 and would not crash under normal circumstances.

You might try to find out if there is some particular app installed in Classic which does not fit well.

What you can do is monitor Classic's behavior and remove suspicious apps from the phone.

In these cases we also recommend performing a hard reset in Classic and installing only one app at a time so that users can find out at which point Classic starts to crash, i.e. which installation or setting has caused the issue.
    You're talking about vast improvements like there are no more to be made. That's a disappointing attitude.

Are you saying that just starting up Classic and not running any app at all is stable? It is not, it crashes. Oh, and that dangerous app I'm usually using when Classic crashes? Calc.

And you did not address the very slow startup time issue.
    @bluenote, this error can occur if the sound in Classic is disabled. To enable it, please start Classic main menu -> Options -> Preferences and choose Games or Normal mode.

@balboadave, there are and there will be improvements with each Classic update. What we are saying is that these are isolated reports at this point. You can contact our support team to help you finding out why Classic does not work as intended on your phone.

The time needed for Classic to start may depend on the number of apps you have installed but Classic also has many features that need to be initialized on start - we will try to address this as well in the future development of Classic.
    Follow us on Twitter

Dear MotionApps, can you look into enhancing Classic further?

First, I would like to suggest that we have the option to keep Classic in memory even after we flick away its card, because loading time is too long.

Then, it would be cool if we can open classic apps directly from the webOS launcher.

And if you can integrate Classic notifications to appear as webOS non-intrusive notifications, that would be totally awesome!

If you can remove the annoying Classic Certification screens from appearing, it would totally help with the experience!

If Classic can recognise swiping as tapping on the little UP/DOWN triangles it would make scrolling and opening drop-down menus much much easier.

Finally, similar top the above, if Classic can recognise swiping on the 5-way navigation button as tapping up, down, left and right, it would then make navigating much much easier!

So I hope you can consider my suggestions! Thank you.
    osmanmia, we will consider your suggestions, at least the ones that can be implemented on our side, i.e. the features that are not limited by webOS or the hardware itself.
    Follow us on Twitter

For those of us in the medical field, Classic has been indespensable. Still was the first app i purchased for my Pre.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    @balboadave, there are and there will be improvements with each Classic update. What we are saying is that these are isolated reports at this point. You can contact our support team to help you finding out why Classic does not work as intended on your phone.

The time needed for Classic to start may depend on the number of apps you have installed but Classic also has many features that need to be initialized on start - we will try to address this as well in the future development of Classic.
    The improvement refrain doesn't work if there haven't been updates in what, over six months? As for my little problem, I tried a 10 months ago (#599831) and was told to try it on another Pre. Seriously? for Calc? Yes, I have hundreds of dollars sitting around so I can buy another Pre because your program doesn't work correctly.
    We are aware of the behavior you reported, but your report is still unique. It is very hard to address issues unless we can recreate them or we receive similar reports from other users. We do not know why this happens on your device only and it is not easy to determine what could have caused this based on a single report and therefore to fix the issue.

Btw, did you try hard reset?
    Follow us on Twitter

Classic is an amazing app, I really hope MotionApps considers creating a jailbreak app (or a reg one if Steve Jobs okays it)for the iPhone 4 in the future. WebOS seems like its going to be in a slump for a while and that probably means less dough for updates.

All the problems I experience with my Pre kind of keep me from doing anything intensive on the phone so Classic barely gets any use now. From time to time however I use some Skyscape medical apps and eWallet but there was so much more I wanted to get running on it before I made the purchase. Actually Classic was the main reason I came to WebOS.

Hopefully HPalm comes out with something crazy enough to win over a large crowd and get Classic back into the spot light again.