1.    #1  
    I know there's one for the iphone, but I haven't been able to find one for the Pre.
    Hi phillybaby,

There's no app from Weight Watchers for the Pre yet... but there is a mirror on the back. (just teasin!) If there is an app that you would like that isn't available for webOS yet, I always suggest going to that company's site and leaving some polite feedback asking for it to be released. The more feedback they get, the more inclined they are to pay attention. Good luck!
    You could try Diet Control. Included in that app is a place to enter calories, fat, fiber, and protein information to calculate "points."
    Back on the old PalmOS PDAs there was a WW app developed by a third party. Then WW came down on him ... and got the app pulled because they consider the formula for calculating the point value of a food to be propritary. I suspect the only way to get a WW app is for it to come from WW.
    there is! Unless it was taken down. I downloaded it from the forums here just use the search box from your PC. There is no official app from the catalog however.
    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    Back on the old PalmOS PDAs there was a WW app developed by a third party. Then WW came down on him ... and got the app pulled because they consider the formula for calculating the point value of a food to be propritary. I suspect the only way to get a WW app is for it to come from WW.
    Weight Watcher's considers nothing. They have a patent on their formula. It actually is proprietary.
    I would suggest Diet Control. It's almost identical to WW and is a nicely done App.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Weight Watcher's considers nothing. They have a patent on their formula. It actually is proprietary.
    Sorry for the poor choice of words, I know there is a patent. That not withstanding the formula is well known since anyone who is or ever has been a member has a copy. It's even on wikipedia.

That said

A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), funded by Weight Watchers, found people who followed the Weight watchers Points program for two years lost an average of six pounds. Diligent participants - who attended at least 78 percent of the weekly meetings - lost an average of 11 pounds after two years on the program.

The average weight loss amongst Weight Watchers Points participants "is not very much in comparison to what people hope they will lose, or what people need to lose in order to reach the desired, svelte self," reported study author Dr. Stanley Heshka.
    There are probably better diet programs out there.
    The WW site says "Weight Watchers Mobile for the Web is designed for use with most BlackBerry, Windows Mobile 6, and iPhone. Weight Watchers Mobile may function on other devices, including Palm OS; however, we cannot provide technical support for those devices. Weight Watchers Mobile for iPhone works with any iPhone or iPod touch."

Let me know if it works. I'm considering a Pre and this would be a huge advantage for me!
    I'm Hungry
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    everyone that uses the palm pre is thin and gorgeous, naturally.

(and by everyone i mean ME)
    WW is the only diet that I actually lose about 3-4 lbs a week without needing to exercise. Nice thing about it is you don't need to buy special food, just keep track of what you eat.
    Go to Dottie's Weight Loss Zone. I'm new to this forum, so I can't post the link, but you can google it. From Dottie's you can download tons of food and restaurant lists with point values to your Palm device, and I believe hidden somewhere in there is info on how to download WWCalc, which helps you calculate points and works as a daily tracker. (None of these are official Weight Watchers materials, but they are great!) There are periodic updates on the food and restaurant lists, too. This is a very valuable resource!