1.    #1  
    There is a new app in the beta feed RingWhere. Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    RingWhere Beta
    Ever wanted to have a different ringtone based on your location? Ever get embarassed at your ringtone while at work when you forgot to put your phone on silent? Well with RingWhere you now have the ability to set your ringtone automatically to whatever ringtone you desire based on your location. Configurable in both US and Metric units of measure.
    Can't mode switcher do this?
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Can't mode switcher do this?
    Yes, I believe Mode Switcher can.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Do apps in the beta feed make it to the App Catalog? That would be one advantage over Mode Switcher.
  5.    #5  
    Mode switcher can but he is still figuring out the gps trigger. I know some people asked about the location based services so I thought I would post it. THis apps gps finder works pretty flawlessly. Many people don't use mode switcher nor check the beta feed regularly so for some this would be a good find. For the people that don't want to try to configure mode switcher this would be great app for them. I use mode switcher and this is just another app/choice I have to change something on my Pre.

Yes most make it to the app catalog.
    Hi, I'm the developer for RingWhere
    As soon as we're out of beta RingWhere will be in the App Catalog. So until then grab the beta releases and let us know what you'd like us to add or change (Preferably via our support channel within the Help scene of RingWhere).

http://bit.ly/ringwhere-beta

Note currently, Palm is not allowing developers (except homebrew via the com.palm.appid namespace) to change the ringtone volume or vibrate settings.
    Last edited by dawm; 06/18/2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Twitter: @dawm // @biocandy
    dawm,

We should talk. I see a great opportunity for our apps to work together using my new 'send to app' feature. Erupnu@gmail.com
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    good luck!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    dawm,

We should talk. I see a great opportunity for our apps to work together using my new 'send to app' feature. Erupnu@gmail.com
    That is what I was thinking as well.
    Has anyone run into issues when using RingWhere Beta.... or maybe after uninstalling it, with the normal ringer volume functionality no longer working? Pressing the volume keys does nothing (still remains on silent) Using Pandora, etc the volume keys work properly, so I believe its related to ringer volume control. This is the only application I have ever used to control this functionality.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions anyone might have. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brgruell View Post
    Has anyone run into issues when using RingWhere Beta.... or maybe after uninstalling it, with the normal ringer volume functionality no longer working? Pressing the volume keys does nothing (still remains on silent) Using Pandora, etc the volume keys work properly, so I believe its related to ringer volume control. This is the only application I have ever used to control this functionality.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions anyone might have. Thanks
    RingWhere doesn't mess with any volume settings. Palm doesn't allow the API access to do so. Our current method of making a silent ringer is using a ringtone thats 0.1s of nothing.
    Twitter: @dawm // @biocandy
    Appreciate your quick response. Given the current API limitations, it must be another application or patch I have installed. I am at a total loss as to what would have caused the phone to be set to silent at all times. The volume is set in the ringer control panel, but the only setting that functions, is the Vibrate or Mute for the when the speaker is "off" I guess my quest to determine what this is continues. thanks again
  13.    #13  
    do you have the no alert durin phone call patch installed
    I did, but I uninstalled it and it acted the same way.... but I think I have the problem fixed however. The ringer lockout (slider), by the power button was slightly moved (towards the off position), definitely not engaged fully, or I would have noticed it right away. Thinking now it got jammed when I removed the TS back to get the SIM out yesterday. Guess I should have checked the obvious before posting here, but since I never use this slider, it never crossed my mind to confirm its position

But on a positive note, RingWhere is working great (as it was before this event). I look forward to using future versions of it as it evolves. Keep up the great work.

And thanks again for the quick replies, sorry to hassle this forum and a great community with a trivial issue.
    Shame I can't get Mode Switcher to work...

I downloaded ringwhere...is there a help guide? The link in the app doesn't work for me, so I'm not clear on how it works.
    yeah I forgot to remove the instructions link in the help scene when I tossed up the last version :P i'll type up a quick 'how things work' up on the site hopefully later tonight.