Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. WhoMe's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
       #1  
    About two weeks ago I went to download an update to the uTorrent app for my Pre. It got stuck and I had a phantom uTorrent icon when I backed out of the app store. Ever since I haven't been able to download any new apps or updates. Ive tried deleting the offending app with success but I still am unable to download any new apps or updates.

    Any ideas?

    I'm about one step away from doctoring the phone and starting over. Though Id love to avoid that as I have many patches and stuff installed on the phone.

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    About two weeks ago I went to download an update to the uTorrent app for my Pre. It got stuck and I had a phantom uTorrent icon when I backed out of the app store. Ever since I haven't been able to download any new apps or updates. Ive tried deleting the offending app with success but I still am unable to download any new apps or updates.

    Any ideas?

    I'm about one step away from doctoring the phone and starting over. Though Id love to avoid that as I have many patches and stuff installed on the phone.

    Thanks.
    Doing a partial erase should solve the problem. Go to Device Info > Reset Options > Erase Apps & Data. After the reboot you have to log into your profile.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3. WhoMe's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
       #3  
    Thanks VZA,

    That did the trick. Apps and Updates are working again. The only downside is that I lost my homebrew apps. However this solution was much better than having to doctor the whole phone and lose all my patches and the rest. Not to mention is was also faster than running Web OS Doctor.

    Anyway thanks again, off to Web OS quick install to get Preware back! =)
  4. WhoMe's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
       #4  
    Follow up question.

    Palm's backup solution got me all my contacts and accounts synced. It also got me my app store downloads. However when I re-installed Preware from WOSQI, Preware no longer has a log of my installed patches. Think there is anything I can do about that?
    Last edited by WhoMe; 06/17/2010 at 11:45 AM.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    Follow up question.

    Palm's backup solution got me all my contacts and accounts synced. It also got me my app store downloads but when I reinstalled Preware from WOSQI, Preware no longer has a log of my installed patched. Think there is anything I can do about that?
    Try this, once you load Preware, go to Available other > Linux Application > Utilities > Emergency Reconstruction Utility > Install. This should get you back.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6. WhoMe's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Try this, once you load Preware, go to Available other > Linux Application > Utilities > Emergency Reconstruction Utility > Install. This should get you back.
    That didn't work. But thanks for the suggestion! I wonder if Web OS Quick Install will show me the the installed patches. I don't think I'm going to doctor the phone over this but it certainly makes it near impossible for me to know which patches I have installed and it takes away the ability for me to remove my installed patches from within PreWare. If anyone has any other ideas that would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks again!
  7. dentz's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    #7  
    Try this thread. I ahad the same issue and this fixed it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...catalog-4.html
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    That didn't work. But thanks for the suggestion! I wonder if Web OS Quick Install will show me the the installed patches. I don't think I'm going to doctor the phone over this but it certainly makes it near impossible for me to know which patches I have installed and it takes away the ability for me to remove my installed patches from within PreWare. If anyone has any other ideas that would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks again!
    When you load Preware, make sure all the proper feeds are on: webos-internals and webos-patches. If not turn them on and hit update. If they are on, then try the Emergency Service Enabler. It's in the same section as the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  9. WhoMe's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    When you load Preware, make sure all the proper feeds are on: webos-internals and webos-patches. If not turn them on and hit update. If they are on, then try the Emergency Service Enabler. It's in the same section as the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.
    Troubleshootin time!

    Ok, I made sure the feeds were on. I then updated the feeds. Once again under installed packages PreWare is only showing my installed applications. Nothing else is coming up, not themes, not patches, not kernels. I then ran Emergency Service Enabler. It installed and ended with "Nothing to be done". I checked installed packages, still nothing. I updated the feeds again to make sure and still no sign of my installed patches/theme/kernal.

    P.S. Definitely appreciate people taken the time out to help.
  10. WhoMe's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dentz View Post
    Try this thread. I ahad the same issue and this fixed it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...catalog-4.html
    Thanks for the link. However I already did a partial wipe sooo =) Too late for that.
  11. #11  
    hmmmm! Ok, one more thing to try. Load Preware and go to Preware Preferences, near the bottom change Installed Is Available to Yes. Also make sure Show Patches is on.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  12. WhoMe's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
       #12  
    Back!

    Tried that and no dice.

    Well I figured Id look deeper. Plugged the phone in and started up Web OS Quick Install. I went into the Device Management window to see if WOSQI could see the patches. Again, it listed my apps but when I hit patches on the drop down it showed no patches installed.
  13. WhoMe's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
       #13  
    Ended up running Web OS Doctor on the phone as I could not rectify this issue after the partial erase. Thank you everyone for your help.

Posting Permissions