1.    #1  
    For those using my Notes app, if you haven't, please update to the latest version. The new version now includes support for importing notes from Google docs as well as exporting your notes to Google docs.
    For those who don't have Notes, what are you waiting for?

Inglorious Apps
    Question: Once you export your set of notes to Google docs, do the Pre and Google copies sync from now on or does one have to manually update every time a modification is made?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    Question: Once you export your set of notes to Google docs, do the Pre and Google copies sync from now on or does one have to manually update every time a modification is made?
    Nope. Once you setup your Google id. Whenever you create a new note, or edit a pre-existing note, its automatically synced to Google docs, when you close the app (no manual update required). You can also checkout the demo video in the app catalog
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Nope. Once you setup your Google id. Whenever you create a new note, or edit a pre-existing note, its automatically synced to Google docs, when you close the app (no manual update required). You can also checkout the demo video in the app catalog
    I think he means that if you update it on the actual Google Docs site, will Notes pull it in automatically. No, it doesn't, you have to manually update it yourself.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    @snoopgoat:

I think your Notes app is one of the most useful and functional apps we have for the Pre.

Just wanted to say thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I think he means that if you update it on the actual Google Docs site, will Notes pull it in automatically. No, it doesn't, you have to manually update it yourself.
    Yes, you're right
    Yes, you're right
    Not a big deal for me because I use it as more of a backup solution than a syncing solution, but I did notice that if you reimport it, it doesn't make a new note and will update the note your already have, so I think it's still very useful.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    @snoopgoat:

I think your Notes app is one of the most useful and functional apps we have for the Pre.

Just wanted to say thanks.
    Thanks for using the App. Please refer it to your friends (if any uses a pre or pixi )
    Thanks for using the App. Please refer it to your friends (if any uses a pre or pixi )
    None of my friends are "brave" enough to use a webOS phone, but i think i did leave a good review about it in the Comments section on the front page when your app had it's own article here around a month or two ago.
    I think i've mentioned it in the forums a couple of times too.

Keep up the great work.
    For those using my Notes app, if you haven't, please update to the latest version. The new version now includes support for importing notes from Google docs as well as exporting your notes to Google docs.
    For those who don't have Notes, what are you waiting for?

Inglorious Apps
    I've been on the verge of buying this app, and this may push me over the line.

Will this possibly work as a way to share notes with the wifey on her Pre? We both use a shared google account for email and calendar. If we both tie Notes to that same account, and if I save something to google docs, is there any reason she couldn't import it? Then, everytime we open the app we see each others updates? Basically a less crappy Evernote? I cannot STAND that interface.

If that is the case, you earned 2 new customers.

Also, are there plans for putting the embedded images on google docs?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yes, that is what I was asking. It is okay with me, since I envision using google docs primarily as a backup site. I just needed to know what to expect, so as not to make extensive edits on the google doc copy and expect the edits to show up in my Pre; that's all.

Thanks for your responses!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I've been on the verge of buying this app, and this may push me over the line.

Will this possibly work as a way to share notes with the wifey on her Pre? We both use a shared google account for email and calendar. If we both tie Notes to that same account, and if I save something to google docs, is there any reason she couldn't import it? Then, everytime we open the app we see each others updates? Basically a less crappy Evernote? I cannot STAND that interface.

If that is the case, you earned 2 new customers.

Also, are there plans for putting the embedded images on google docs?

Thanks
    First off, if you're on the verge of buying this app, you should take the jump! You'll be glad you did . Also, I constantly make updates and incorporate user feedback (unlike those other guys).
    To answer your question, YES. If you setup the same google account on both phones, then changes made on one will be accessible via the other phone. Now, it's not completely automatic (if that's what you're asking). After setting up your google id in the app, whenever you create a note, or edit a note, its automatically saved to google docs. But if the note is edited on google docs site (or through your wife's phone), the updated note doesnt showup unless you manually go to "Import" in the app menu. If you have more questions, you can shoot me a direct email at ingloriousapps@gmail.com.
    ...And yes, I'm working on including the embedded media to backup to google.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I've been looking around and can't figure out how the reminder function works. I watched the video and understand how reminders are set, but I don't know how the reminder displays on the phone. Does it appear as a notification in the dashboard? Does the app have to be open (or running in the background)?

I ask because I am seriously considering purchasing this app as my "notes" continue to clutter up the calendar as "all day" events.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I've been looking around and can't figure out how the reminder function works. I watched the video and understand how reminders are set, but I don't know how the reminder displays on the phone. Does it appear as a notification in the dashboard? Does the app have to be open (or running in the background)?

I ask because I am seriously considering purchasing this app as my "notes" continue to clutter up the calendar as "all day" events.
    You're right, the video doesn't show it (I forgot to include it). But it basically works like the calendar notification. I'll try and post a screenshot on my blog. But you set it and close the app (the app doesn't have to be open). When the time for the event reaches, the notification pops up with a preview of the note and time, with an option to dismiss it or snooze for 5 mins. If you tap it, then it launches the app.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick reply. That's just what I'm looking for. By the way, I purchased it.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    First off, if you're on the verge of buying this app, you should take the jump! You'll be glad you did . Also, I constantly make updates and incorporate user feedback (unlike those other guys).
    To answer your question, YES. If you setup the same google account on both phones, then changes made on one will be accessible via the other phone. Now, it's not completely automatic (if that's what you're asking). After setting up your google id in the app, whenever you create a note, or edit a note, its automatically saved to google docs. But if the note is edited on google docs site (or through your wife's phone), the updated note doesnt showup unless you manually go to "Import" in the app menu. If you have more questions, you can shoot me a direct email at ingloriousapps@gmail.com.
    ...And yes, I'm working on including the embedded media to backup to google.
    Most excellent. One last question. Are you considering making the "import" automatic? For me, doing it manually is no problem, but my wife won't want anything to do with it. If I can tell her "the developer has it in future plans" then I can get her to go along with it. I had to do the same thing with the wonderful "Done!" app. She agreed to buy it cause the dev had solid plans to add her requested feature (which he did).

I personally will likely buy it the next time I am researching something, but to get her on board, the sync will be vital.

Thanks!!!

-Jack
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. That's just what I'm looking for. By the way, I purchased it.
    Thanks for the support
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Most excellent. One last question. Are you considering making the "import" automatic? For me, doing it manually is no problem, but my wife won't want anything to do with it. If I can tell her "the developer has it in future plans" then I can get her to go along with it. I had to do the same thing with the wonderful "Done!" app. She agreed to buy it cause the dev had solid plans to add her requested feature (which he did).

I personally will likely buy it the next time I am researching something, but to get her on board, the sync will be vital.

Thanks!!!

-Jack
    Yep, that's in my todo list
    Trying to get my questions into a thread for this app. There are now 2 threads going for notes, but figured I would post here since this is the thread the Dev started. Any chance of merging the 2 threads and making it the official thread?

Anyways, Snoop, I have had a lil more time to play with the app (working on getting all my old memos into google docs and then into Notes).

Just wondering, with the Pin feature, is there or will there be a way to lock a single Note, or a category of Notes. Like have a private category and when you choose to lock it locks/hides that category until you unlock with pin. Kinda like Palm OS used to do. I just don't want to have to lock down the whole app when some things are unimportant like shopping lists or random info, then I have other things I would like to keep private like work info.