1.    #1  
    I'm proud to announce the availability of my latest app called Web Hopper.

Music Player (Remix) was all about redefining the music listening experience. GeoStrings was about redefining the way you kept track of tasks. Web Hopper is about redefining the way you explore the web.

Web Hopper allows you to "hop" around millions of random websites. For those familiar with the StumbleUpon Firefox or Chrome extensions, you'll know how fun and addictive it can be to browse random websites in your spare time. It's really the ultimate time killer! You never know what you'll find out there. And just like StumbleUpon, Web Hopper allows you to define which categories you're interested in. So you can browse the entire World Wide Web, or just the types of sites that interest you. And if you find a site you'd like to visit again, you can save a bookmark.

The app is FREE so go check it out now in the app catalog. Also I've posted a preview video here: )

And in addition to posting here, please visit the Web Hopper support thread in the Hedami Developer forum here: Web Hopper - Explore the Random Web
    Last edited by DanPLC; 06/20/2010 at 09:04 AM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I downloaded it today.

It looked fun
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Berath View Post
    I downloaded it today.

It looked fun
    Thanks! You'll be surprised at some of the interesting sites/articles you'll find out there. As I was shooting one of my videos, I found a graphic novel posted on the web. I would have never found a site like that in my normal everyday browsing.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Downloaded, nice app. I would have called it Web Roulette.
    Devices Owned:
    Handspring 600 (retired), Treo 650 x2 (retired), Centro x2 (offline usage), Palm Pre x2, HTC EVO

Apps I can't live without on my Pre:
    Dr. Podder, Music (Remix) and JogStats
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky **** View Post
    That is a great name. I should have thought of that!

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    You can have it.
    Devices Owned:
    Handspring 600 (retired), Treo 650 x2 (retired), Centro x2 (offline usage), Palm Pre x2, HTC EVO

Apps I can't live without on my Pre:
    Dr. Podder, Music (Remix) and JogStats
  7.    #7  
    You can have it.
    I think it's a little late now to change the name, but thanks for the offer. Anyway, I like "Web Hopper". When I first came up with the concept, the first thing that popped into my mind was the idea of hopping between sites, which is where the name came from.

I can tell you I wouldn't have downloaded it if it was called that... too many bad connotations with "chat roulette". :S

I don't want an App that shows me random dudes "interrogating the suspect".

haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I can tell you I wouldn't have downloaded it if it was called that... too many bad connotations with "chat roulette". :S

I don't want an App that shows me random dudes "interrogating the suspect".

haha
    Wow good point.

10.    #10  
    WebOSRoundup.com posted a really nice review of Web Hopper. Check it out here: Freeview: Web Hopper

And in other Web Hopper news, version 1.0.1 was submitted to Palm earlier this week so it should be approved any day now. In addition to a newly tweaked visual design, it brings you the option to only hop around popular sites (ranked by Digg.com users).

But it does't end there! While waiting for Palm to accept version 1.0.1, I'm working on the next version. And what a revision it will be! Find a web page you really like, let all the other Hoppers (and everyone else in the Digg.com world) know by giving it a thumbs up. Find a web page that's really bad, give it a thumbs down. Want to see what other Hoppers think about a page? Bring up the comments screen and find out! Want to share your own thoughts with other Hoppers? Add your own comment!

I'm working on it right now and anticipate submitting it very soon after 1.0.1 is approved. So what are you waiting for? Join the other thousands of Hoppers out there and explore the random web!

11.    #11  
    Version 1.1.0 has been submitted with some amazing new features! You can now rank pages (thumbs up or down) and read what other people have said about the page. You can also leave your own comments. Using the Digg.com service, it allows people to browse the web in a way they've never done before. It really takes web hopping to another level.

Here's a video I created to demonstrate the new features: )
    Last edited by DanPLC; 06/20/2010 at 09:07 AM.

12. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Just downloaded it and it looks awesome. Thanks for killing what little free time I have left! Just kidding. Nice work!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    Just downloaded it and it looks awesome. Thanks for killing what little free time I have left! Just kidding. Nice work!
    Yeah it's great at wasting time. It's amazing how addictive it can be to keep pressing "Hop" to see where you land up next. It's just like using Stumbleupon on the computer. And now that you can rate sites and submit/view comments, it's pretty much like having stumbleupon in your pocket.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 1.1.0 has been submitted with some amazing new features! You can now rank pages (thumbs up or down) and read what other people have said about the page. You can also leave your own comments. Using the Digg.com service, it allows people to browse the web in a way they've never done before. It really takes web hopping to another level.

Here's a video I created to demonstrate the new features: )
    Version 1.1.0 is now available in the catalog! Go grab it and let me know how you like the new social browsing features.

15.    #15  
    Version 1.2.0 has been submitted for review. It has some exciting new features including keyword/phrase search and domain search.

I've re-shot the preview video of the app to demonstrate the new features. Here's a link to the section of the video describing keyword and domain searching: ).

Before you could limit your hopping results to a list of categories (provided by digg.com); however now the possibilities are limitless with keyword searching. And domain searching is fun when you visit a targeted site like precentral.net or cnn.com and want to view random articles.

If you haven't tried it already, Web Hopper is a free download...so go check it out, and definitely download the version 1.2.0 update next week.

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 1.2.0 has been submitted for review. It has some exciting new features including keyword/phrase search and domain search.

I've re-shot the preview video of the app to demonstrate the new features. Here's a link to the section of the video describing keyword and domain searching: ).

Before you could limit your hopping results to a list of categories (provided by digg.com); however now the possibilities are limitless with keyword searching. And domain searching is fun when you visit a targeted site like precentral.net or cnn.com and want to view random articles.

If you haven't tried it already, Web Hopper is a free download...so go check it out, and definitely download the version 1.2.0 update next week.
    Version 1.2.0 is now available in the catalog. Go grab it!

In addition to the features listed above, I've added a fun Easter Egg that is hidden within the app. (HINT: If you know which app allows you to set location-based reminders and you know the name of our web site, you can find the hidden surprise).