Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Add me to the list of those without patches that create known issues installed, and a broken Engadget app starting without explanation.

patches I have

menu megamix + volume control
    date in launcher bar
    battery percentage
    10pix drag radius

I have the error reporting turned off too.

all else is stock
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    Add me to the list of those without patches that create known issues installed, and a broken Engadget app starting without explanation.

patches I have

menu megamix + volume control
    date in launcher bar
    battery percentage
    10pix drag radius

I have the error reporting turned off too.

all else is stock
    The app isn't what is broken - try pointing your palm's web browser to http://mobile.endgadget.com and you will see what I mean.

Oddly, I have no problem viewing that URL from my notebook using either Firefox or Chrome..
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    The app isn't what is broken - try pointing your palm's web browser to http://mobile.endgadget.com and you will see what I mean.
    did you mean enGADGET rather then enDgadget, as in m.Engadget.com or i.engadget.com the engadget mobile friendly sites? both of those work fine on my pre. also for the record mobile.engadget.com also works fine, but it is the full mobile site.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    Don't blame it on the iPhone spoof patch. Enough people have stated they don't have the patch but Engadget app still died.
    Yup, definitely not the iPhone spoof patch. I also have never had this patch and engadget stopped working for me last night.
    Last edited by staeit; 06/18/2010 at 03:55 PM.
    Definitely seems to be app related, as there is no trending data to reflect device or patch issues causing the problem. I would suggest contacting the developer so they can become aware of the issue. If they never know about the issue you can never expect a fix.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    has any one maybe thought that it's down for repair or to revamp the look. Instead of sayn maybe it's a patch.. Chill out give it a day or two
    mine is dead too with only preware at the 800 patch installed
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    engadget is broken, please fix. mobile website isn't as fun
    this has happened before and it got fixed when they updated the app
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Mine is having the same problem but i'll get it to work by continuosly tapping the screen right when I load the App. Try that out its the only thing that works for me.

And I have many patches,preware, 800 etc..etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    did you mean enGADGET rather then enDgadget, as in m.Engadget.com or i.engadget.com the engadget mobile friendly sites? both of those work fine on my pre. also for the record mobile.engadget.com also works fine, but it is the full mobile site.
    In a word - DOH!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    In a word - DOH!
    like many things, this to has past. Up and working again here.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longie11 View Post
    Mine is having the same problem but i'll get it to work by continuosly tapping the screen right when I load the App. Try that out its the only thing that works for me.

And I have many patches,preware, 800 etc..etc..
    Good find, my pre is stock and engadgets app has not been working for the last day. I launched it and started tapping like crazy and it worked. Thanks!!
    I tried the tap real fast while the app is loading and it worked for me, don't want to do this every time though...hope a fix is on the way
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Well obviously this is a newer separate issue but you shouldn't really accuse iPhone spoof users of not knowing what they're talking about as we've been dealing with this issue long before those suffering it since yesterday.
    let the people who can fix it know your issues, the more complaints the higher the priority it will become

mobilesupport@engadget.com
    Last edited by Lightning807; 06/19/2010 at 01:45 PM.
    The app's busted guys; there's nothing wrong with your Pres (well, as far as this bug is concerned )
    This hasn't been working for me either, I'll just wait till the app is fixed. In the meantime, I'll just go to the mobile site
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    I tried the tap real fast while the app is loading and it worked for me, don't want to do this every time though...hope a fix is on the way
    This works but instead of tapping really fast there its a frequency of taps.
    Here is a video showing the workaround.

Sorry about the bad quality but thats the best I could do.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I am getting this error and have neither the adblock nor the iphone spoof patches installed. Must be something else.
    Same Here. I tried restarting my phone, deleting and reinstalling a few times to no avail.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast