webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > fillup wishlist
fillup wishlist
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06/14/2010, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 7
Here are mine.

An on-screen number pad to enter values so I don't have to open the slider.

More statistical info. Like average/high/low mpg over month/year and miles driven over month/year.

Ability to input cost and price/gal to get total gals.
zeusvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2010, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Daisys Mom's Avatar
 
Posts: 229
I'd like some way to add things like bought new tires, or replaced the battery. (I know it's just Fuel, but still...)
__________________


I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
Daisys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2010, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusvh View Post
Here are mine.

An on-screen number pad to enter values so I don't have to open the slider.
This may be supported in a future release. It is not currently a priority as you shouldnt be driving and therefore can more easily use the hardware keyboard.

Quote:
More statistical info. Like average/high/low mpg over month/year and miles driven over month/year.
This wouldnt be difficult to add, we just want to make sure it is done in an unobtrusive way.

Quote:
Ability to input cost and price/gal to get total gals.
This should be added in the near future.
shawalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2010, 07:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
I'd like some way to add things like bought new tires, or replaced the battery. (I know it's just Fuel, but still...)
With Fillups, we make the decision to do one thing and do one thing well. We considered adding things like service, but we think the true purpose for fillups is clean, intuitive gas tank logging. Where other gas tracker apps try to do it all, we think this makes the app cluttered and difficult to add and maintain fillups. This doesn't mean that we're closing the door on the issue, I just wanted you to know we are thinking about it very carefully.
shawalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Daisys Mom
Old 06/15/2010, 10:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawalli View Post
This may be supported in a future release. It is not currently a priority as you shouldnt be driving and therefore can more easily use the hardware keyboard.
Maybe so, but I am entering the data at the pump. One hand on the phone and one on the pump handle or grabbing my receipt. I don't like to keep the guy behind me waiting while I am sitting in the car looking down at my phone. Anyway, just glad you are considering it.
zeusvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2010, 10:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawalli View Post
with fillups, we make the decision to do one thing and do one thing well. We considered adding things like service, but we think the true purpose for fillups is clean, intuitive gas tank logging. Where other gas tracker apps try to do it all, we think this makes the app cluttered and difficult to add and maintain fillups.
hear hear!!!
zeusvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2010, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 7
One more thing. A place for recording octane ratings. Without it the price/gal is not as useful if you are one to switch back and forth. I get e85 whenever it is available.
zeusvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/22/2010, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
linh.nguyen's Avatar
 
Posts: 296
would like to see maintenence logs of sorts as well, but not sure how that could be implemented well. maybe as a separate app?

but in regards to FillUps, I'd love to see a way to sync w/ a single google docs spreadsheet. I'm paranoid about data loss, so I like to sync a lot.

I'm all for more stats, it's why I have 5yrs of fuel info I ported into FillUps =)

Add a way to insert "missed" data? From my imported data, looks like there there are a few weeks missing, so it skews the average quite a bit.
linh.nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/23/2010, 06:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Posts: 285
you can already add missed data now! Go make a new fillup entry and then go tap the date while you are creating the 'new fillup' it will place it back in the proper place in the list!
__________________
My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
adma84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/23/2010, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
linh.nguyen's Avatar
 
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
you can already add missed data now! Go make a new fillup entry and then go tap the date while you are creating the 'new fillup' it will place it back in the proper place in the list!
sorry, i meant missed data I don't have data for at all, heh. I'm not really sure of a good way this could be implemented. as of now, I'll probably backtrack and stick an average in. I only have about 6-7 data points from my dataset that are missing.
linh.nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2010, 12:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 33
I like FillUp's cleaner, less complicated interface as opposed to Fuel, which I've been using for a while. Having said that, I do have some wishes:
* Include the location in the "Recent" pulldown for stations. I mostly buy gas at a station about a mile away from home; it's silly to have to keep typing in the location. I do buy gas at other stations -- usually the same company -- so I do have need to not just call the one I'm close to "home" or something similar
* Allow entry of the total price, not just price per gallon. Although, it'd also be good to just pre-populate the price per gallon based on the last fillup.
* I'd also like to see an on-screen number pad.
* The ability to record maintenance, and to have an alert when you need maintenance, would be great. I'm still missing the PalmOS AutoBase program, which I'd been using since 2004, until I bought my Pre last year. Fuel's maintenance functions don't even come close to AutoBase, and of course FillUps doesn't have one (hopefully that's a "yet" ). I don't think it'd clutter up the interface much; just have a different scene for maintenance, and a way to switch back & forth from maintenance to the fillups list.

btw, I *love* the overview graphs, and using tilt to get to them is cute. I'm not sure it's really necessary to do that as opposed to a simple button at the bottom, but it is a nice display of the Pre's capabilities.
someonewhobikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2010, 12:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
davecttt's Avatar
 
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
would like to see maintenence logs of sorts as well, but not sure how that could be implemented well. maybe as a separate app?

but in regards to FillUps, I'd love to see a way to sync w/ a single google docs spreadsheet. I'm paranoid about data loss, so I like to sync a lot.

I'm all for more stats, it's why I have 5yrs of fuel info I ported into FillUps =)

Add a way to insert "missed" data? From my imported data, looks like there there are a few weeks missing, so it skews the average quite a bit.
First off I love this app and I have tried most of the ones for Palm and Windows Mobile. This one is by far the most user friendly and easiest to understand/input. All the others are cluttered and hard to read.

I would enjoy an additional page for repairs/oil changes, but only if it did not interfere with the current layout. Perhaps if there was a tab for each that would work.
__________________
Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.


davecttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2011, 01:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 83
With respect to having an additional page for service items, I agree with the philosophy of keeping this app's interface clean and doing one thing right. In my case, I've created an access database that tracks all of my service items and generates alerts when service is required. Currently I manually copy my fillup data into that database and the mileage updates from fillups allow me to know when alerts are needed. I can also track gas mileage, by tank, for a given time period or over the lifetime of the vehicle.

One of the things that would be nice would be to create a seperate app for service items but that can integrate with the fillup data (I don't know if WebOS even allows one app to access another app's data). That would allow the interface of this app to stay clean while allowing for more functionality.
cthetford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/2011, 01:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 168
how about exporting the file to excell without google

Last edited by tungsten C; 05/17/2011 at 01:36 PM.
tungsten c#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0