1.    #1  
    Tune Your Guitar v1.0.0 is being submitted to Palm for review. This will be the official Tune Your Guitar support forum for this and subsequent versions. Comments / suggestions welcome.
    Interesting. How does this app work without official access to the mic?
    If mic API's ever become available, would this graduate to an electronic guitar tuner (i.e. one that shows you via a needle or bar centered on a scale, when each string is in tune)?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Interesting. How does this app work without official access to the mic?
    I have the app, and currently it just plays the correct notes and you have to match it by ear. A true digital guitar tuner would be awesome.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have the app, and currently it just plays the correct notes and you have to match it by ear. A true digital guitar tuner would be awesome.
    Oh, I see. I thought it was going to use the mic.
    If mic API becomes available, I would certainly hope for a true guitar tuner app....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

7.    #7  
    Yes, unfortunately the mic is not available for us to use, so this is the best alternative for the time being.

It has been through several updates, and this one I just submitted brings the best blend of audio quality / loudness that I can get. For some reason, the audio used in apps just isn't loud enough and there's no way for me to change the volume (without homebrew). So I've made the sounds as loud as possible without any clipping.

Hopefully they will open up the microphone APIs at the end of summer, as they said at Dev Days, and I will be able to change this to actually listen to your guitar. But until then, this is what we have.

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...tuneyourguitar
    Last edited by jdforsythe; 06/14/2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: URL