1.    #1  
    I don't know if this belongs here in the Apps forum or the Hardware forum, since it involves both the Mobile Hotspot app and the battery. Anyway, I have the free hotspotting from Verizon, but I have a question (I had two but forgot one LOL). When I use the mobile hotspot, does having multiple tabs, pages, or browsers open on my laptop drain the battery of the Pre faster than if I only had one browser with one tab open?

If/when I remember the second question, I'll post it.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtarvin View Post
    I don't know if this belongs here in the Apps forum or the Hardware forum, since it involves both the Mobile Hotspot app and the battery. Anyway, I have the free hotspotting from Verizon, but I have a question (I had two but forgot one LOL). When I use the mobile hotspot, does having multiple tabs, pages, or browsers open on my laptop drain the battery of the Pre faster than if I only had one browser with one tab open?

If/when I remember the second question, I'll post it.

Thanks!
    To answer your first question, I would imagine so.

The answer to your second question is...42.
    It depends what those tabs/windows are doing. If they are all sending/fetching data simultaneously, then the Hotspot will have to handle more packets, so will do more work, so will drain the battery faster.

OTOH - if the tabs are all just displaying pages, there will be no network traffic flowing, so minimal battery drain.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    (Note) Keep this in mind: Anything involving using the pre battery will drained it. Regardless if you are actually using the application or not. Battery drain starts once the screen is on. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by rush; 06/13/2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: correction.
    usually when my battery gets low, I just recharge it.... It's really not that difficult. Answer to question 2 is 44, not 43
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    The answer to your second question is...42.
    "Don't Pan!c"...