Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    I just downloaded it... wow, very nice work! I can easily say this is the best webOS solitaire game yet. I like the sloppy card piles and landscape view is very nice. Seems like a lot of attention to detail... nice.

I'll definitely urge you to try out Sol Free and/or Solebon... I wouldn't mind seeing some bottom of the screen buttons implemented like in the Smallware solitaire games.

Again, very nice work.
    I've been thinking about adding a row of buttons at the bottom. I really like the idea. Perhaps an "undo", a "deal from deck" for games like klondike and a "new deal" button. What other buttons would make sense on the bottom row?

I'd like to make the button bar at the bottom optional, so I'll make sure that everything you can do with it can be done without it as well.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    What about adding Yukon? I've always preferred that to Klondike but very few people implement it.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    What about adding Yukon? I've always preferred that to Klondike but very few people implement it.
    I'm working on Yukon. I can't promise that it will be in the next update but I'll try.

Yukon is a bit trickier, because you can move a stack of cards that aren't in sequence. None of the other games do that, so I am adding support for that to my engine in order to handle Yukon.

I'm hoping to have Yukon and Pyramid in the next big update.
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I've been thinking about adding a row of buttons at the bottom. I really like the idea. Perhaps an "undo", a "deal from deck" for games like klondike and a "new deal" button. What other buttons would make sense on the bottom row?

I'd like to make the button bar at the bottom optional, so I'll make sure that everything you can do with it can be done without it as well.

Ooooh, the buttons would be sweet! Undo, New Game, Auto-Play, and maybe a Menu/Prefs button too.

Here's a couple of screen shots of Sol Free, Klondike Deal 3 running in Classic (I forgot to mention earlier the huge wasted screen space of running under Classic). Now looking at it, it sure would be nice with bigger, standard, webOS buttons.

The Scroll button was the only feature I never cared for in Sol Free... it would allow you to toggle between compressed/shrunken piles of cards, or allow them to be longer than the screen and scroll up and down to see them all. Blech, always left it on "Shrink Piles".

The Menu button just pops up the standard menus at the top of a PalmOS app... not really necessary, but handy at times.

The Auto-Play button was nice... once you knew the game was won, just hit that button and the cards would auto-play the rest of the moves (and stop the timer too).

The rest of the buttons are self explanatory.

The other screen shot shows the options for setting up the toolbar (button bar). The pulldown on the Left Panel/Right Panel would show: None, Timer, Score, Stock, and Wins. The panels are the space between the Menu button and the New Game button.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Here's a screen cap of (part of) the Statistics screen... they are very extensive. I always liked keeping tabs on how my percentage of wins and total days, hours, minutes, seconds played were.

Edit: Added second screen shot of more stats.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #106  
    Ooooh, the buttons would be sweet! Undo, New Game, Auto-Play, and maybe a Menu/Prefs button too.

Here's a couple of screen shots of Sol Free, Klondike Deal 3 running in Classic (I forgot to mention earlier the huge wasted screen space of running under Classic). Now looking at it, it sure would be nice with bigger, standard, webOS buttons.

The Scroll button was the only feature I never cared for in Sol Free... it would allow you to toggle between compressed/shrunken piles of cards, or allow them to be longer than the screen and scroll up and down to see them all. Blech, always left it on "Shrink Piles".

The Menu button just pops up the standard menus at the top of a PalmOS app... not really necessary, but handy at times.

The Auto-Play button was nice... once you knew the game was won, just hit that button and the cards would auto-play the rest of the moves (and stop the timer too).

The rest of the buttons are self explanatory.

The other screen shot shows the options for setting up the toolbar (button bar). The pulldown on the Left Panel/Right Panel would show: None, Timer, Score, Stock, and Wins. The panels are the space between the Menu button and the New Game button.

Thanks! That helps a lot.
    I agree, the buttons (especially "new deal", auto-complete and undo) and extra stats would be fantastic!

Also, it would be nice to be able to select "new deal" from the stats page, eliminating a step.
    Re: buttons at the bottom -- yeah, I'd still like an undo button. The swipe gesture is just way to laggy. I'd also like to see buttons for New Deal, and maybe Stats. I always have auto-play on, but for folks who don't, and auto-play button seems like a good idea. I suppose each time you tap it, it does as many auto-plays as it can? I vote for leaving the menu out (access it in the normal Pre way), and leave prefs in the menu.

I also like the idea of way more stats, as mentioned above.

Regards,
    Tom
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Re: buttons at the bottom -- yeah, I'd still like an undo button. The swipe gesture is just way to laggy. I'd also like to see buttons for New Deal, and maybe Stats. I always have auto-play on, but for folks who don't, and auto-play button seems like a good idea. I suppose each time you tap it, it does as many auto-plays as it can? I vote for leaving the menu out (access it in the normal Pre way), and leave prefs in the menu.

I also like the idea of way more stats, as mentioned above.

Regards,
    Tom
    Ok, I'll add a button bar and make it optional. I'll have all the buttons we've talked about and when playing horizontally I'll include a menu button. When playing vertically I'll leave the normal palm way. Right now you can't get to the menu at all when playing horizontally.
    ...and, a Restart Game button would be nice, if there's room.

Regards,
    Tom
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    ...and, a Restart Game button would be nice, if there's room.

Regards,
    Tom
    Ooh, I like that too
    Ya got my vote for:

- Vert: New Game, Undo, Auto-Play

- Hor: add Menu button

A Restart Game button would be cool too, as long as it came with a "confirmation"... I'd be kinda ticked if I restarted (or started a new) game accidentally.
  13.    #113  
    Ya got my vote for:

- Vert: New Game, Undo, Auto-Play

- Hor: add Menu button

A Restart Game button would be cool too, as long as it came with a "confirmation"... I'd be kinda ticked if I restarted (or started a new) game accidentally.
    Yeah definitely. The buttons on the button bar will act exactly like the menu items do now. "Restart Game" and "New Game" both show a dialog which you can cancel, so accidentally hitting "Restart Game" won't be a problem.
    Cool! Will the update with buttons come out in the beta or paid version (i kept the beta installed just in case).
  15.    #115  
    Cool! Will the update with buttons come out in the beta or paid version (i kept the beta installed just in case).
    I'm not sure yet. I'm working on it now, and if it goes well I may just release an update with this.
    Just want to say that I appreciate how responsive Minego is to user input and suggestions. I exchanged several emails with him about the game play in Canfield, pointing out an issue with autoplay and talking about the different variants of Canfield.

I've purchased this app from the catalog and I look forward to seeing its continued improvement and expansion.
  17.    #117  
    I've just uploaded a new beta. You can get it at:

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec....solitairebeta

This beta is exactly like the released version, except that it has 3 additional games. Westcliff, Pyramid and Double Pyramid. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on these 3 games.

I have a number of other features/bug fixes that I'm hoping to get in soon, including a number of minor fixes for Canfield, and the button bar. I'd also like to add Yukon.

Which would you all prefer? A quick update in the next few days that just adds these games, or an update in a week or 2 that adds these games, possibly Yukon and has the button bar and bug fixes?
    Button bar! :-D
    Agreed, the button bar would be most useful, especially for horizontal mode, to eliminate the need to open the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I've just uploaded a new beta. You can get it at:

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

This beta is exactly like the released version, except that it has 3 additional games. Westcliff, Pyramid and Double Pyramid. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on these 3 games.

I have a number of other features/bug fixes that I'm hoping to get in soon, including a number of minor fixes for Canfield, and the button bar. I'd also like to add Yukon.

Which would you all prefer? A quick update in the next few days that just adds these games, or an update in a week or 2 that adds these games, possibly Yukon and has the button bar and bug fixes?
    Tried the new beta -- once I figured out you have to drag the cards to make a match, I definitely like pyramid, but definitely has some bugs. I dragged a
    4 onto a 9 and two other cards from the stack matched, but the 9 disappeared and the 4 showed up in its place. Later, I matched that 4 with a 9 and, lo and behold, the 9 was actually under the 4.

I'll go ahead and enter it the tracker although, at the moment, I don't have a repeatable test case.
    Rgds/Mark M.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast