Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    why are some buttons gray and green.
    The button for the "normal" version of the game is green, and the rest are grey.
    If someone hasn't installed patches from Preware it needs to install gnu and lsdiff for the first time I believe.
    Yeah, that was it - except I ONLY install patches from preware, and I've never seen that before.

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I couldn't resist making one more change. Version 0.1.31 is now the official release candidate.
    Why does that not surprise me?

I was just about to report in that everything looks good to go in 0.1.30. I think your price will be considered a bargain -- you should get a good number of sales.
    I
    This version changes the random number generator that is used to nudge the cards in sloppy mode so that the card will get the same value every time throughout a game.

The result of this is that moving a card from one stack to another will not make nudge it again, and undo will no longer nudge all the cards.

I guess it is kinda odd that I'm being this OCD about the "sloppy" feature. Oh well.
    ...been there. (But, I was just getting used to the cards twitching when I do multiple undo's.)

One VERY minor thing: I noticed you used the old card design for your grayed out foundations -- wasn't sure if you meant to.

Regards,
    Tom
  4.    #44  
    It isn't exactly the same as the old one, but yeah it was done on purpose. It was part of my effort to avoid making the foundations look like cards.
    It isn't exactly the same as the old one, but yeah it was done on purpose. It was part of my effort to avoid making the foundations look like cards.
    OK -- nothing wrong with the look at all, just wasn't sure if it was by design.

BUT, something broke in 0.1.31. It will only give me one pass through the deck in Canfield.

Regards,
    Tom
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    OK -- nothing wrong with the look at all, just wasn't sure if it was by design.

BUT, something broke in 0.1.31. It will only give me one pass through the deck in Canfield.

Regards,
    Tom
    Good catch! That was actually in 0.1.30 as well. It is caused by the change to the tap behavior. I'll put 0.1.32 up in just a moment.
  7.    #47  
    0.1.32 is up. Hopefully there won't be any other show stopper bugs tonight!

Thanks again for catching that one Tom.
    Unfortunately the new tap/drag code doesn't make things better for me. Dragging still works OK, but tapping is actually a little harder. The top card in the deck can be dragged around even if it can't be placed anywhere but back on the deck.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Unfortunately the new tap/drag code doesn't make things better for me. Dragging still works OK, but tapping is actually a little harder. The top card in the deck can be dragged around even if it can't be placed anywhere but back on the deck.
    Well that isn't the result I was hoping for. Since it doesn't seem to be an issue for most users I think I am going to release with this as it is, but I will still be working on improving it. I hope you'll still be willing to test beta builds.
    0.1.32 lookin' good so far (couple games each of Freecell, Canfield, Aces Up, and even Klondike!).

Regards,
    Tom
  11.    #51  
    0.1.32 lookin' good so far (couple games each of Freecell, Canfield, Aces Up, and even Klondike!).

Regards,
    Tom
    Awesome! Thanks Tom!
  12.    #52  
    1.0 has been submitted to palm!

Now we wait a few days for palm to review it, and it will show up in the app catalog! Thank you all very very much for your help with the beta.
    so when will the beta expire
  14.    #54  
    so when will the beta expire
    It is set to expire on the 20th. I will happily extend that if the full version hasn't been accepted yet.
    Downloading the update now.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    1.0 has been submitted to palm!
    Awesome! And, congratulations! You made some really big improvements over the last week that make this thing shine; from performance to the look of the cards. Can't wait to get my copy of the real deal!

Regards,
    Tom
  17.    #57  
    So now that Solitaire Collection 1.0 has been posted I'm working on the free version. Previously the free version has just been freecell and relaxed freecell.

So now I have a few options.

A) Update freecell using the newer code, with at least one button (that isn't annoying) to take you to the app catalog to buy the full version.
    B) Do the same as A but allow all 6 variants of freecell instead of just 2
    C) Rename it to "Free Solitaire Collection" and include freecell, relaxed freecell and one or two other games. I haven't decided which games yet.

I really like the 3rd option. I want to reach a nice balance between the demo version and the full version, but I'm not sure which games to include. I don't want to remove the motivation to buy the full game...
  18.    #58  
    If anyone is interested you can install a beta of the "Free Solitaire Collection". It is the same game, but only freecell, relaxed freecell and golf are enabled.

I may change the set of games that are enabled...

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...o.freecellbeta
    It would be nice if you could think of a way to let people play the game they like most in the pack...without giving away the store, of course.

How about a counter that lets the user play X number of times. You could have a separate counter for each game, so that when you blow through your allotment for Freecell, you could go on to try another game; one you might not have tried otherwise. This way, the user may realize the app is of even greater value than originally thought.

Regards,
    Tom
  20.    #60  
    It would be nice if you could think of a way to let people play the game they like most in the pack...without giving away the store, of course.

How about a counter that lets the user play X number of times. You could have a separate counter for each game, so that when you blow through your allotment for Freecell, you could go on to try another game; one you might not have tried otherwise. This way, the user may realize the app is of even greater value than originally thought.
    Thats a really good idea. I think I'll allow unlimited plays of freecell and relaxed though, because I don't feel comfortable with taking away something that was already free.

I'm thinking that I'll allow you to deal 3 new games for each variant. Resuming will not count against your total. I think that this will make it more likely for people to try variations that they don't know.

Thanks Tom.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast