Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I've added a new "feature" in the latest build. I'd really like to hear what you all think of it. There is now an option for "sloppy card placement". It is enabled by default, but I'll change that if people dislike the feature.

Basically it will nudge each card just a bit. It tries to make it look as if a real person had dealt the game instead of a computer. So some cards will be twisted a bit, and some will be off to the side just a bit, etc.
    you rock I already gave ya 5 stars in the review but wanted to tell ya this is great I love how I can make my daughters pic as a game background or any of my pics for that matter keep up the great work it's wonderful to play
    what are you going to charge neway?i don't always have the funds I want to make shure I set it aside ya know
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by chadking View Post
    what are you going to charge neway?i don't always have the funds I want to make shure I set it aside ya know
    I'm still trying to decide. I'd like to charge $3, but I'm worried that many people won't want to spend that much, so I'll probably end up going cheaper.

I'm hoping to release it in the next few days. Once I submit the final version it will take a few days for palm to approve it.
  5.    #25  
    So what do all of you think on price? What is a fair price? How much are you willing to pay? Obviously I want to make some money on this, but I don't want to rip anyone off either.

So here is your chance to get input on the price of an app. Please tell me what you think, and feel free to be honest.
    Ok, I know I'm missing something, but I can't get the darn thing to play. haha

No matter what game I choose, all I get are white "cards" and I can't do anything with them. i have tried re-dealing and it doesn't help. Any ideas?

Here's a screen-shot:

Follow me on teh Twitterz
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Ok, I know I'm missing something, but I can't get the darn thing to play. haha

No matter what game I choose, all I get are white "cards" and I can't do anything with them. i have tried re-dealing and it doesn't help. Any ideas?

Here's a screen-shot:

Yeah, the latest version is broken... I have a fix ready, but have not been able to update because the palm developer portal is broken right now. I'm really sorry about this. I will put up the fixed version as soon as I can.
    Oh, OK... as long as it's not just me. haha

I'll wait patiently for the update.

I have to say, even without being able to play, it looks pretty good so far.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    If you can increase the performance, I'd be willing to pay $3, or even more. Honestly, it still feels a bit sluggish to me, even with the sloppy card and highlighting options turned off. Just my opinion. Maybe include an option to turn off animations completely? (Also, as I wrote before, this may be just because of the reduce drag radius 10 px patch, but tapping on cards is still very hit-or-miss for me, much more so than with cards in other apps, e.g. Mahjong Solitaire, which works just fine for me.)
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    If you can increase the performance, I'd be willing to pay $3, or even more. Honestly, it still feels a bit sluggish to me, even with the sloppy card and highlighting options turned off. Just my opinion. Maybe include an option to turn off animations completely? (Also, as I wrote before, this may be just because of the reduce drag radius 10 px patch, but tapping on cards is still very hit-or-miss for me, much more so than with cards in other apps, e.g. Mahjong Solitaire, which works just fine for me.)
    I'm looking into the tapping issue. Which games have you been trying? It may behave slightly different in the different games.

Also, is this only an issue for tapping, or does the same thing happen when you drag a card?
    Well, as I said, Mahjong Solitaire (tiles are a little bigger than your cards, but overall this is a very smooth app.) I've given up on other traditional Solitaire apps in webOS. Solebon, within Classic, is my yardstick for solitaire games. It runs extremely well and smoothly in Classic, and I have no trouble tapping and dragging cards. Of course, that's probably no help to you as Solebon is written for PalmOS.

I'm just trying your app again, and now it's running at an acceptable speed, with highlighting and sloppy cards options off. Maybe my Pre was in a sluggish state before, for some reason.

As to your other question, dragging seems to work much better than tapping.
    ...Also, as I wrote before, this may be just because of the reduce drag radius 10 px patch....
    Well, there's an easy way to find out.

I would've done the experiment myself, but when I went to install the Reduce Drag patch, I saw it requires two other packages, so decided not to.

Regards,
    Tom
    [I didn't see your most recent post above before I posted this one.]
  13.    #33  
    I've just made a change to the way I handle tapping. Previously tapping and dragging used different logic. The tapping now uses the same logic as dragging does. This actually cleaned the code up a little bit, so it is a good change anyway.

This fix will be in the next update (as soon as palm fixes their issue so that I can update). I'm not entirely sure if this will fix your issue, but I am optimistic.
  14.    #34  
    The palm guys are saying that the portal should be fixed "real soon now"... Hopefully that means you'll get a new build very soon.

The next build is my release candidate. If there are no major bugs reported tonight then I will post it as Solitaire Collection 1.0 with a price of $2.50
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Well, there's an easy way to find out.

I would've done the experiment myself, but when I went to install the Reduce Drag patch, I saw it requires two other packages, so decided not to.
    Hmmm... well, I don't understand why it would require any other packages, because all it does is add a line of code to an existing file. I used WOSQI to install it, not Preware, so I don't know about the patches in Preware.

I'll wait to see if Minego's newest changes make a difference before I try your experiment.
  16.    #36  
    Version 0.1.30 is finally up! Again I'm very sorry about the delay.

This is the release candidate. If you find any bugs please let me know ASAP. If there are no major bugs reported tonight then I will release this as the 1.0 version tonight.

Also I'd like to thank you all for your help. You have been wonderful beta testers, and I REALLY appreciate it.
    Hmmm... well, I don't understand why it would require any other packages, because all it does is add a line of code to an existing file. I used WOSQI to install it, not Preware, so I don't know about the patches in Preware.

I'll wait to see if Minego's newest changes make a difference before I try your experiment.
    If someone hasn't installed patches from Preware it needs to install gnu and lsdiff for the first time I believe.
  18.    #38  
    I couldn't resist making one more change. Version 0.1.31 is now the official release candidate.

This version changes the random number generator that is used to nudge the cards in sloppy mode so that the card will get the same value every time throughout a game.

The result of this is that moving a card from one stack to another will not make nudge it again, and undo will no longer nudge all the cards.

I guess it is kinda odd that I'm being this OCD about the "sloppy" feature. Oh well.
  19.    #39  
    I've just added a youtube video to the app catalog page for the game. I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out... Let me know what all of you think:

why are some buttons gray and green.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast