Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 251
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    Beta's expired and no sign of the release from our friends at Palm. It feels funny to play the release version after growing used to all the enhancements in the beta. Come on Palm!
    Gah, sorry. I had meant to upload a new beta last night to prevent that. I'll upload one right now.

    EDIT: Ok the update should be up in just a few minutes. It will expire on the 10th.
    Last edited by minego; 07/07/2010 at 08:31 AM.
  2. #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    ...Ok the update should be up in just a few minutes. It will expire on the 10th.
    Thanks! I was just showing off the beta to the wife last night, who, unbeknownst to me had purchased Solitaire Collection recently, and was playing it next to me on the couch while watching the Daily Show.

    She was stuck on a freecell game, so I loaded it up by game number, and solved it in just over 3 min. But, guess what, she acted neither impressed NOR appreciative. Imagine that....

    Regards,
    Tom
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Thanks! I was just showing off the beta to the wife last night, who, unbeknownst to me had purchased Solitaire Collection recently, and was playing it next to me on the couch while watching the Daily Show.

    She was stuck on a freecell game, so I loaded it up by game number, and solved it in just over 3 min. But, guess what, she acted neither impressed NOR appreciative. Imagine that....
    That is the funniest thing I have heard all day. I read your post to my wife, and she agrees with your wife... I don't understand why.

    What was the game number? Lets see if anyone else can do it faster!
  4. #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    That is the funniest thing I have heard all day. I read your post to my wife, and she agrees with your wife... I don't understand why.

    What was the game number? Lets see if anyone else can do it faster!
    Yeah, that should get me back in good with the wife!



    Aw what the heck, our couch is pretty comfortable. It was #879570. She finally got it in ~8min. My time was 3:22, first try.

    Dead man walking!

    Regards,
    Tom
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Yeah, that should get me back in good with the wife!

    Aw what the heck, our couch is pretty comfortable. It was #879570. She finally got it in ~8min. My time was 3:22, first try.

    Dead man walking!
    Ok I'm not posting my time... I've been spending too much time debugging freecell and not enough time actually playing it...
  6. #226  
    Hmmmm, the beta has expired again. Does that mean a new "real" release is imminent?
  7.    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Hmmmm, the beta has expired again. Does that mean a new "real" release is imminent?
    Sadly no. In this case it just means I was lazy.

    I had intended to put up a newer version of the beta with additional fixes/updates this weekend. I'll upload a new version of the beta in a few minutes that just bumps the expiration date.
  8.    #228  
    The build of the beta is up. It expires on the 17th.
  9. #229  
    Any word on making the undo "snappier". I'm suspecting it's an SDK limitation, but is there any hope? I'm used to hammering on the undo button like a kid all whacked out on Pepsi hitting the fire button on Galaga.
  10.    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Any word on making the undo "snappier". I'm suspecting it's an SDK limitation, but is there any hope? I'm used to hammering on the undo button like a kid all whacked out on Pepsi hitting the fire button on Galaga.
    I've been spending a lot of time experimenting with different things to try and improve it. There is actually a lot that happens every time you hit 'undo' and I've been trying to shorten it. Sadly so far my experiments haven't been very successful.
  11. #231  
    minego you had a Klondike deal 3 app out. I deleted the app but can't remove the icon when I click the orange button to try to delete the app the button says remove but nothing happens. It is not listed in the list of software anywhere. Any help in removing the icon would be greatly appreciated.
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    minego you had a Klondike deal 3 app out. I deleted the app but can't remove the icon when I click the orange button to try to delete the app the button says remove but nothing happens. It is not listed in the list of software anywhere. Any help in removing the icon would be greatly appreciated.
    It sounds like you had added one of the games to the launcher. When you do that they show up as their own icon as if it was a separate app, but in fact it just launches the regular app and goes directly to that game.

    There seems to be a bug in the webos launcher. If you remove the app, but still have a launch point to it, those don't get deleted. Luckily it is pretty easy to fix. If you reboot it will go away.
  13. #233  
    Thanks that fixed it.
  14. #234  
    Two requests:
    1) Can you either update the beta with a later expiration date, or release an updated non-beta?
    2) Can you add an "about" or "info" or something that says the name of the app, the version number, and whatever else those screens usually say? I an not always sure whether I'm running the beta or the official app, and there doesn't seem to be any way to tell.

    Thanks!
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Two requests:
    1) Can you either update the beta with a later expiration date, or release an updated non-beta?
    2) Can you add an "about" or "info" or something that says the name of the app, the version number, and whatever else those screens usually say? I an not always sure whether I'm running the beta or the official app, and there doesn't seem to be any way to tell.

    Thanks!
    I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. I was out of town for a few days, and had limited internet access.

    1) Yes I'll update the beta soon. Probably tonight. I plan to release an update to the non-beta version very soon as well. It will just be bug fixes.

    2) In the game selection screen there is an 'info' menu item which should have the title at the top of the screen.
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Two requests:
    1) Can you either update the beta with a later expiration date, or release an updated non-beta?
    2) Can you add an "about" or "info" or something that says the name of the app, the version number, and whatever else those screens usually say? I an not always sure whether I'm running the beta or the official app, and there doesn't seem to be any way to tell.

    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. I was out of town for a few days, and had limited internet access.

    1) Yes I'll update the beta soon. Probably tonight. I plan to release an update to the non-beta version very soon as well. It will just be bug fixes.

    2) In the game selection screen there is an 'info' menu item which should have the title at the top of the screen.
    Not sure if it is possible but if it is you could add a check for the paid app and ignore the expire date for those who have bought the app. Also on my pre the beta icon has the word beta at the end of the icon name, unless the names are removed using a patch then I see how the icons would get mixed up
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Not sure if it is possible but if it is you could add a check for the paid app and ignore the expire date for those who have bought the app. Also on my pre the beta icon has the word beta at the end of the icon name, unless the names are removed using a patch then I see how the icons would get mixed up
    Thats a really good idea. I'll have to do a bit of research. I think the API allows me to tell if another app is installed. I'll look into it.
  18. #238  
    Thanks, minego.

    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    2) In the game selection screen there is an 'info' menu item which should have the title at the top of the screen.
    Yes, but it says "Solitaire Collect. . ." on both versions. If there's a way to see the full text in that box, I don't know it.

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Also on my pre the beta icon has the word beta at the end of the icon name, unless the names are removed using a patch then I see how the icons would get mixed up
    When I click on an icon it's easy to tell, but I often leave the game open for hours or even days. So if I find a bug, and want to report it, I would like to be able to tell which version I am running, and I don't always remember.
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Thanks, minego.

    Yes, but it says "Solitaire Collect. . ." on both versions. If there's a way to see the full text in that box, I don't know it.

    When I click on an icon it's easy to tell, but I often leave the game open for hours or even days. So if I find a bug, and want to report it, I would like to be able to tell which version I am running, and I don't always remember.
    The ". . ." is only there in the beta. Not much of a distinction though.

    I'll make sure it is easier to tell them apart. I'll probably add the lil "beta" banner across the game selection screen again, and make sure that the info screen shows the full title.
  20.    #240  
    I'm not having much luck finding an API to check for the existence of the paid app. There is a private call that will return all of the launch points, but it appears that only apps with an id starting with "com.palm." can use that, and I can't put an app in the catalog or beta feed with that.

    I've posted a few questions to the developer forums, and I'll keep looking.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions