Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 251
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    What else do you guys want to see in this update?
    This might be a tall order, but after a few games of Pyramid, it still feels like I should be tapping two cards to select them, rather than dragging one card on top of the other.

    +1 on a faster undo. I like having it as a button, instead of using the backswipe.

    Regards,
    Tom
  2. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #202  
    Great collection of games, works well.

    Why is it showing to have an update every few hours these last couple days? Keeps shoeing the same version, but every time I run PreWare, tells me there is a new update, and when I am sent to the catalog, sure enough there is one, and it lets me install.

    Thanks for your webOS development.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    This might be a tall order, but after a few games of Pyramid, it still feels like I should be tapping two cards to select them, rather than dragging one card on top of the other.

    +1 on a faster undo. I like having it as a button, instead of using the backswipe.
    For most of the games I really dislike the idea of tap to select, but for pyramid it makes more sense. I could probably make it work... I'll see what I can do.

    A for the faster undo, that is probably going to take a lot of work....

    I've also thought about a few alternative mechanisms. I think hitting the button, or swiping back works just fine for one or 2 cards... but going much further really needs a better UI.
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Great collection of games, works well.

    Why is it showing to have an update every few hours these last couple days? Keeps shoeing the same version, but every time I run PreWare, tells me there is a new update, and when I am sent to the catalog, sure enough there is one, and it lets me install.

    Thanks for your webOS development.
    The updates have been for the beta. There have been a lot of updates because I have been very busy adding new features.
  5.    #205  
    I just uploaded a new version of the beta. Check out the changelog here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/solitai...hange-log.html

    Please start new threads over at http://forums.precentral.net/solitaire-collection/ to talk about individual features, bugs etc. It should be much easier than talking about everything in one thread.
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    This might be a tall order, but after a few games of Pyramid, it still feels like I should be tapping two cards to select them, rather than dragging one card on top of the other.
    Go look at the changelog (see previous post)... I think you'll like it
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    Go look at the changelog (see previous post)... I think you'll like it
    Wow, that was fast! And, I like it...thanks!

    Regards,
    Tom
    p.s. Heading over to new forum -- see you there!
  8. #208  
    I'm liking the new start screen/launcher... nice job!
  9. #209  
    Great work, I like that you can set/unset favorites easily.

    One small visual bug - very minor - I noticed, upon launch, the icons/thumbs start lowered slightly on the screen. Enough that the titles on the bottom row can't be read.
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Great work, I like that you can set/unset favorites easily.

    One small visual bug - very minor - I noticed, upon launch, the icons/thumbs start lowered slightly on the screen. Enough that the titles on the bottom row can't be read.
    I can't believe I missed that... I just committed the fix (right after uploading a new version). It'll be in 1.0.19.
  11. #211  
    I am still amazed by your speed with these updates. Haha

    I hate to even bring up something so ridiculously tiny, but in the spirit of Beta testing I'll mention another minuscule visual thing I've noticed... When playing a game in landscape mode, if you tap on the ellipsis (menu) button, the little down arrow doesn't immediately appear so it's not instantly apparent that there are more choices to scroll through.
  12. #212  
    In the new "Solitaire Collection" developer forum, can you start a new thread for "What's Working For You", "What Do you Like About SC?", or mayby a "SC General Discussion"?

    I was figuring a feedback thread for all the stuff we like about SC would be nice to have.

    I didn't want to start a thread like that, as it's your game and you should do as you see fit.

    Probably should have a mod move this thread there too...
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    One small visual bug - very minor - I noticed, upon launch, the icons/thumbs start lowered slightly on the screen. Enough that the titles on the bottom row can't be read.
    I noticed the same thing and was debating mentioning it.
  14. #214  
    Found a small bug in the "select favorites" interface. I successfully selected and deselected a couple of games. Then I tried to deselect "gaps" and when I clicked the star the screen went white. I clicked the toggle between the list and icon mode (which wasn't white) and that worked, and when I clicked back I had successfully deselected gaps. Then I tried to select relaxed gaps, and exactly the same thing happened (including that it had worked.)

    Other than that, I really like the new options for selecting games, and I like the way the toggle works.

    ====

    In Spider, I think the new logic for selecting a column is an improvement. But I wonder if it wouldn't work even better if instead of calculating distances between points you just looked at the horizontal coordinate of the player's finger. You can never choose among things of different heights, for practical purposes you are just selecting a column, and perhaps the interface would be simpler if it worked the same way.

    I think that would work for most games. In games like Freecell or Klondike you have a bimodal choice between "area on top" and "area below" and then within each of those areas you are really just selecting a column.

    In Pyramid and Montana you really want both the horizontal and vertical coordinates, you you can generally just tap to play, instead of dragging, so the whole dynamic is different.
  15.    #215  
    I'll try to reproduce that. I think it is minor enough that a fix can wait until the next update (hopefully a smaller update than this one was).

    The update will take a few days to be approved, and I can cancel the update before that, but it would end up delaying the release for 3 or 4 days so I won't do that unless there is a big bug.

    I like your idea for moving the stacks in spider. I already allow you to use the area below a deck to drag in some games. I could simply make that area work for a drag destination as well. It isn't an easy change, but I think it will be well worth it.

    It would work for games like freecell as well. If you are dragging near the top it would work like it does now, but anything clearly below the foundation and the freecells would be just based on horizontal position.
  16.    #216  
    I'll try to reproduce that. I think it is minor enough that a fix can wait until the next update (hopefully a smaller update than this one was).

    The update will take a few days to be approved, and I can cancel the update before that, but it would end up delaying the release for 3 or 4 days so I won't do that unless there is a big bug.

    I like your idea for moving the stacks in spider. I already allow you to use the area below a deck to drag in some games. I could simply make that area work for a drag destination as well. It isn't an easy change, but I think it will be well worth it.

    It would work for games like freecell as well. If you are dragging near the top it would work like it does now, but anything clearly below the foundation and the freecells would be just based on horizontal position.
  17. #217  
    Yes, doesn't seem like a show stopper.

    Ah, that would explain why I can't see the update, yet. So it's a race, whether the beta expires before or after the functionality makes it into the paid app?
  18.    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Yes, doesn't seem like a show stopper.

    Ah, that would explain why I can't see the update, yet. So it's a race, whether the beta expires before or after the functionality makes it into the paid app?
    I can always post a new beta with a later expiration date.
  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Found a small bug in the "select favorites" interface. I successfully selected and deselected a couple of games. Then I tried to deselect "gaps" and when I clicked the star the screen went white. I clicked the toggle between the list and icon mode (which wasn't white) and that worked, and when I clicked back I had successfully deselected gaps. Then I tried to select relaxed gaps, and exactly the same thing happened (including that it had worked.)
    Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. Once the screen goes white (all except for the "choose a game" bar), if I flick as though I'm scrolling the list, it comes back, and I see that my selection has been accepted.

    Also, thanks puzzlegal for suggesting the change for stack moves. I think minego's implementation will be great for Freecell, as well. (I don't play Spider...yet!)

    Regards,
    Tom
  20. markm's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #220  
    Beta's expired and no sign of the release from our friends at Palm. It feels funny to play the release version after growing used to all the enhancements in the beta. Come on Palm!
    Rgds/Mark M.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions