1.    #1  
    I LOVE Pocket Tunes and really, really miss it on my new Pre Plus. I don't use the radio function so much as the ability to play music and especially audiobooks. With Audible not available and Pocket Tunes gone I'm out of luck listening to books when I have downtime. Got through some incredibly boring commutes and flights with Pocket Tunes and a good mystery! Are there any media players for the Pre that will handle DRM? I also download audiobooks from my library--incredible money saver and I get to "read" bestsellers while I have lunch or commute.
    You can use Classic to run Audible and possibly PocketTunes.

And no, PocketTunes is not getting ported over, I had asked him almost a year ago.

And we have been begging for Audible.

They say they will do it, when the WebOS gets upgraded to allow for them to do it. They say that the current version is preventing them from doing it.

So with the new PDK stuff, it should allow them to make the apps.

But let's see what happens with WebOS when HP takes over.

And you can convert your Audible files to basic MP3, as some people are doing, but it's time consuming.

I just use Classic and run Audible from that.

Not the best solution but it works.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Who needs Pocket Tunes.... We have so many music players and streamers... Have you used Pandora, Slacker, RadioTime, Hibiki Radio, DrPodder, and so on... I mean I don't miss PocketTunes at all...
    NaNplayer is pretty kicka$$, wish something would come out with skin support though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Who needs Pocket Tunes.... We have so many music players and streamers... Have you used Pandora, Slacker, RadioTime, Hibiki Radio, DrPodder, and so on... I mean I don't miss PocketTunes at all...
    ^This.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Kinoma is the key
    I only miss Audible on the Pre... otherwise i think the music app is fine. I have other apps for radio.
    I recently upgraded from a Treo 680 to a Pre Plus (AT&T). My plan is to keep the old Treo and use it for audio books. I have been using an ipod mini for my audio books (Audible) and it really is not book-friendly.
    I too miss pTunes because of the music player skins. I don't care much for cover art, I rather have a sleek looking skin, like the ol Alienware skin, or the WMP, etc. Now a days though, cover art, cover art
    I have all the players available for web os, they are very nice.
    I want pocket tunes. Pocket tunes gave me all I could eat music for cheap. and no pandora is not all you can eat music.

None of the current player creators are interested in the (soon to be standard) all you can eat music model.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    NaNplayer is pretty kicka$$, wish something would come out with skin support though.
    If only it would be available to everybody. The built-in player and even the Remix player don't come even close to Pocket Tunes IMO.
  12.    #12  
    I'm sure the radio players you mentioned (and you too, Radio Hibiki) are excellent for radio but I'm more interested in playing what I want to hear and to listening to Audiobooks. Yes, the built-in player is great for MP3s WITHOUT DRM (may the inventor of DRM burn in Hades!). I want to listen to the audiobooks I've bought and the ones I legitimately check out from the library. Pocket tunes was GREAT for that. With DRM you have to "register" your device before you can use it to listen to anything on it (presumedly so you don't share it and someone loads it up on an "unregistered" device). Now I'm stuck carrying around a phone and a player. That's why I bothered with a smartphone--so I'm not lugging around a media store. Sigh!