1.    #1  
    with sprints ptt derived from nextel, could a wimax 4g phone theoritically also be a ptt phone? Also can't we just have a 3g app as well? I believe android does. Sprint could make one and call it nextel lite and the ones on 4g could be nextel premium and they could be on lots of phones. I miss ptt and would love it on my pre mostly cus it's kinda like texting as in your not tied to the phone.
    I recall in the days leading up to launch last year that there was some rumor talk of ptt on the Pre but it never came to be. It's totally doable too...called Qchat. Sprint demonstrated and sold a few "hybrid" devices that used ptt over evdo interoperate with Nextel DirectConnect phones....so it's totally possible as no other hardware it required, just software. In fact, that's the system verizon usesnfor it's ptt system....it's just a variation of Qchat.
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    The motorola i1 is coming out this month. It's a droid phone, but I would love to see the pre with protection like this! It meets military standards, has MONSTER GLASS, can you say no more cracked screens?? 5MP camera with autofocus, compass. :drool: I think it has a push to talk app. I think its supposed to be the first android phone with ptt. It has a opera mini browser, the launcher and some of the gestures remind me of the pre.

Phone Specs:

Motorola i1 - Push-To-Talk Phone - Motorola USA

Youtube vids:

The first vid shows a ptt widget:

The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    The problem is qchat does not work as well as iDEN PTT. Nobody was buying the devices, so Sprint is not making any new ones. As for whether they will try to do PTT over WiMAX? Who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    The motorola i1 is coming out this month. It's a droid phone, but I would love to see the pre with protection like this! It meets military standards, has MONSTER GLASS, can you say no more cracked screens?? 5MP camera with autofocus, compass. :drool: I think it has a push to talk app. I think its supposed to be the first android phone with ptt. It has a opera mini browser, the launcher and some of the gestures remind me of the pre.

Phone Specs:

Motorola i1 - Push-To-Talk Phone - Motorola USA

Youtube vids:

The first vid shows a ptt widget:

That is an iDEN device, so the PTT function is there. It is geared toward PTT users that want an Android device. Can't wait to hear how all the data-hungry apps work over iDEN. Cool phone, military spec would be nice considering how delicate the Pre is..
    Wow, Android is going to revive Boost & Nextel.