Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I see a couple pay-apps in the official app catalog, but media like ESPN and the AP have come out with free world cup apps - but not for our platform, just the iphone and blackberry.

Anyone know of a free WC app out there? Thanks!
    No I have not seen a free one.
    I suppose a free application would only come from those names because a indie dev would not gain much if anything from it.
    Maybe you should contact one of those names if you really don't want to pay for one of the apps we already have.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The closest thing i've found is this mobile Goal.com site (m.goal.com), which covers soccer news:

Visit m.Goal.com On Your Mobile! - Goal.com

The AP is very frustrating: Their app works with the Palm Treo line, but not the Palm Pre! What's up with that??
    Last edited by stephenj; 06/09/2010 at 06:19 PM.
    World cup manager, it will be out today or tomorrow.

Hit Thanks, if it helped you.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    World cup manager, it will be out today or tomorrow.

Where will it be available.. at a website, or in the homebrew/official app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenj View Post
    Where will it be available.. at a website, or in the homebrew/official app catalog?
    If you have preware, it shouldnt matter where it comes, will update you later when it comes out.

Of course if you own a Sprint Pre, you can actually watch the games on Sprint TV (ESPN Mobile) or listen on Radio Time.
    I own a Palm Pre and I can't seem to find ESPN mobile. I have ESPN news channel. Where's ESPN mobile channel to watch the world cup? Thanks.
    it would be a really good moment for someone to do a review of the competing apps (precentral team?).

Bests done before England thrash the US on saturday and most of the people here loose interest. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    it would be a really good moment for someone to do a review of the competing apps (precentral team?).

Bests done before England thrash the US on saturday and most of the people here loose interest. :-)
    Real football, soccer, fans watch all the games. hehe.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post

I'm hoping but lets not jinx it shall we . I still get crap here in "The Colonies" about 1950.
    i wasn't around then. I hear they made a film about it.
    Heck just buy one - one is only $.99 and the other is $2, that less than you pay for your daily beverage..... And if you want developers to keep developing apps, they have to be compensated. No one wants to work for free, but everyone wants someone else to do the work for them.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I'm looking for one that uses notifications ala the more sports apps.
    m.yahoo.com/worldcup

not really a group tracker like the Apps that are available, but it looks like a decent way to get news and mobile updates.

I also can't figure out how to make it serve up schedule in my local time zone, but I can also do the math from EDT .... ;-0
    Like one of the above posters said, this app should be available free in the app catalog soon.

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...ld-cup-manager
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyQt View Post
    Heck just buy one - one is only $.99 and the other is $2, that less than you pay for your daily beverage..... And if you want developers to keep developing apps, they have to be compensated. No one wants to work for free, but everyone wants someone else to do the work for them.
    I see your point, but then again i don't think markets work well if consumers aren't as demanding as possible. If i pay for something i could get for free, well, i send the wrong signal to providers of services.
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyQt View Post
    Android developers apparently do.., I've got free one for Evo...
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    Like one of the above posters said, this app should be available free in the app catalog soon.

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...ld-cup-manager
    Great News this app will be available 4 am today EST from palm app catalog
    YES!!! go to preware and its callled World Cup Manager.

100% FREE
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast