Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Maybe the update will solve my problem with downloading you app. (fingers crossed)
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Ok this is the 2nd day the app has stopped receiving score updates what's up? Is yours working? I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app but it didn't help..
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    Ok this is the 2nd day the app has stopped receiving score updates what's up? Is yours working? I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app but it didn't help..
    Hello. Yes, the background notifications killed our server. That sucks. We have now done everything to fix this: We have a new server set up that can handle the load better and we have an update submitted to Palm. Unfortunately, Palm is having weekend and the mechanism for automatic migration to a different URL relies on the old server being able to send out the new URL. We see a very very slow migration to the new speedy server software.

Here is what you can do:
    1. Disable all notifications in preferences. This will relieve the stress on our server. If you feel experimental you can download our updated version from the web channel at Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.. This will give you a better experience. It's not perfect yet but as more people migrate this new version should get faster and more reliable. If a screen doesn't load, just refresh it.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We simply underestimated how popular this app would become. We promise to do better in 2014

Jonas
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    installed the update this morning but nothing has changed - no scores appear and hitting refresh does no good, just get "error, information regarding the matches could not be updated" message.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonemo View Post
    You can download our updated version from the web channel at [url= USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.[/url]. It's not perfect yet but as more people migrate this new version should get faster and more reliable. If a screen doesn't load, just refresh it.
    Sorry for the inconvenience. We simply underestimated how popular this app would become. We promise to do better in 2014
    Jonas
    I uninstalled, then re-installed from the site suggested above. Works reasonably well (occasional failed updates, but usually works after 1 retry, and overall not too bad).

This App makes it easy to check how I'm doing in my World Cup Pool.

Thanks for the App and the quick response when I asked about the update problem.

-- Bruce
  6. JKM
    I just noticed that version 1.0.4 is available in the appcatalog.
    This version seems to solve the problem.
    The program now also remembers the previous position in the matches list
    This app takes too long to update if it ever does and gives too many error messages. I just had a blank screen for 1/2 an hour with v 1.0.4. But what can you expect for free?
  8. JKM
    The problems continue. Now the application shows 1:0 for Paraguay:Japan. Shouldn't it be 5:3
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I would not describe this as a problem with World Cup Manager. Some sites, such as the CBC, describe the score as 5:3 for Paraguay. However more seem to describe it as "0:0 (Paraguay 5:3 after penalty kick shootout)".

In any case, World Cup Manager uses a statistical feed. The software developers do not manually enter the results.
    Last edited by snoPalm; 06/29/2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Update and clarify.
    Palm: V > M505 > Treo 700p > Prē
    Apple: iPad 1
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234