Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This app is really good looking and will be pretty usefull!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Perfect timing, thanks!!

I have a class on Saturday from 8am-2pm so I'll need to do my best to avoid any news so I can watch the US crush England once I get home! But, after that, this app will be awesome.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonemo View Post
    It should be available in the App Catalogs worldwide. Here is the link to the download page: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Thanks, im in a unofficial country without access to any apps at all so my only chance is to wait until it pops up in the Preware feeds.
    For those in the US using Sprint, you can watch the actual games with Sprint TV. It took me a minute to find since I was looking at the wrong section, so to save you that time, it's like this:
    Sprint TV -> Live -> ESPN

They'll show most games, except a few that I guess ESPN didn't get the rights to or something
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Thanks, im in a unofficial country without access to any apps at all so my only chance is to wait until it pops up in the Preware feeds.
    Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with that. The app did actually appear in the Preware feeds before it was available for download (no idea why). However, that would still only direct you to the App Catalog page. I'd gladly help you, just not sure how
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
    For those in the US using Sprint, you can watch the actual games with Sprint TV. It took me a minute to find since I was looking at the wrong section, so to save you that time, it's like this:
    Sprint TV -> Live -> ESPN

They'll show most games, except a few that I guess ESPN didn't get the rights to or something
    Wow, thanks for that tip! I didn't realize they were being shown on Sprint TV. The quality isn't perfect but decent and I can watch from anywhere.
    Wonder if World Cup Manager made the hottest apps? I get good 3g so my Sprint TV should be burning up later.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tainvst View Post
    Wonder if World Cup Manager made the hottest apps?
    Not yet We are just below 10,000 downloads, to get into the Hot Apps list we need over 20,000. Keep twittering and facebook sharing and whatnot, we need those $1k to cover our costs!

Actually, we are having a little bit of a problem here and would love if someone could help us with a quick test. We have an update ready and would love to push it. But on all our test devices the update only works as a clean install, not if you had the original version before. Would someone be so kind to delete the app and go to the app store again to re-install it immediately? Does it start on your device? If not, that would be an issue. If it starts, something is wrong with our test devices. A quick heads up to worldcuppapp@minderleister.com would be appreciated.

In case this test goes wrong for you, here's how to get back to a working app: Uninstall, restart phone (or restart Luna if you know how), fresh install from app catalog, done.

PS: In case you missed it: The first match started half an hour ago
    Ummm...according to the app the game hasn't started...!?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quick updating ... South Africa scored and WCM had the updated score within 20 seconds.

Second goal took longer ... Mexico scored and it was 78 seconds until the score updated.
    Last edited by stephenj; 06/11/2010 at 10:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyQt View Post
    LOL, I see your point, but the only message you're sending is that you may be the type of guy no girl wants to date.
    Since i was 15, my handsome face and hot bod have made women plentiful - despite my unwillingness to spend money on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenj View Post
    Since i was 15, my handsome face and hot bod have made women plentiful - despite my unwillingness to spend money on them.
    Ooh la la - then please update your avatar with that hot pic.
    Only one issue so far - when it does the notifications while running there is no text/icon. Just a black box pushing everything up further. You can still swipe it away though - maybe add at least an icon?

Minor inconvenience for such a great app!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonemo View Post
    Not yet We are just below 10,000 downloads, to get into the Hot Apps list we need over 20,000. Keep twittering and facebook sharing and whatnot, we need those $1k to cover our costs!

Actually, we are having a little bit of a problem here and would love if someone could help us with a quick test. We have an update ready and would love to push it. But on all our test devices the update only works as a clean install, not if you had the original version before. Would someone be so kind to delete the app and go to the app store again to re-install it immediately? Does it start on your device? If not, that would be an issue. If it starts, something is wrong with our test devices. A quick heads up to worldcuppapp@minderleister.com would be appreciated.

In case this test goes wrong for you, here's how to get back to a working app: Uninstall, restart phone (or restart Luna if you know how), fresh install from app catalog, done.

PS: In case you missed it: The first match started half an hour ago
    Went to redownload and now it gets hung on downloading. Was working fine till uninstalled.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillhouse View Post
    Only one issue so far - when it does the notifications while running there is no text/icon. Just a black box pushing everything up further. You can still swipe it away though - maybe add at least an icon?

Minor inconvenience for such a great app!

Great app, made my friend download it, will deleting and downloading again increase your app count?

The notification bar needs work, it is all black with nothing, you need something in the notification bar, a ticker for the days score would be great.!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesaru View Post
    Wow, thanks for that tip! I didn't realize they were being shown on Sprint TV. The quality isn't perfect but decent and I can watch from anywhere.

cbc site is streaming games also, I'm new here so can't post links yet. Good coverage, all games it looks like.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    ABC is broadcasting it for free.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    i LOVE THE APP!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Just wanted to let you guys know that we submitted an update to Palm yesterday and are waiting for it to go through. What you'll get:

• Fixed the bug with the notification icon appearing without any content
    • Add any upcoming match to your calendar
    • Set "your team" in preferences
    • Receive notification when FIFA(r) news items get published about your team (or any team) [set in preferences]
    • Receive notification when your team (or any team) scores, gets red card, etc. [set in preferences]
    • added info links to Wikipedia team info page, Fifa.com squad list, ESPN team history site
    • Better handling of long lists
    • Reduced the number of times news items are queried making the app faster overall
    • Automatic updating of match info site

Please twitter about this app, share it on Facebook and tell all your friends about it! We need to cover our cost by winning a price in the Hot Apps Competition! You can track our progress here: Palm Hot Apps We still need a couple thousand downloads to get into the top 221!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast