Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    world cup manager is great. I love it. I want to see how quickly it will update during the game starting friday
    co-ask
    thanks.
    Here is the link to download, just input your phone number and it will send a text to you.
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further..

Hit thanks, if that helped you.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Downloaded World Cup Manager this morning Sweet. I don't need fancy stuff--just mostly interested in score updates/tracking, so this will be perfect and best of all, it's free.
    World Cup Manager is absolutely sweet. I, too, hope that it updates scores in a timely fashion.

I love the dev's idea of not charging any money to boost his download numbers and get some money out of the Hot Apps contest, but I would pay dear money, dear money indeed, if he took his app, expanded it for football leagues and supernational competitions, and added live tickers for as many games as possible.

An app like this with Bundesliga, Premier League, La Liga, Europa League and Champions League... I would buy. I don't care about the price.
    Algeria already have 2 wins, 0 draws and 9 losses under their belt.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hi there,

I am one of the (two) devs of World Cup Manager. Thanks for promoting the app

We thought we'd give Algeria and South Africa a few goals to start with because they aren't the best teams in the world... Just kidding. These were some test data that survived the big sweep. I fixed that now, just hit the refresh button

We are also making the first update ready at this moment. Watch out for Calendar export of matches, notifications on news updates and some other fancyness. Depending on how the server does during the first match we'll also look at including goal notifications in an update.

Thanks for all the feedback here and elsewhere that reached us overnight. Please keep it coming. Best is sending it to worldcupapp@minderleister.com. We will try to fix any problems that might crop up as soon as possible.

Jonas
    Quote Originally Posted by jonemo View Post
    Hi there,

I am one of the (two) devs of World Cup Manager. Thanks for promoting the app

We thought we'd give Algeria and South Africa a few goals to start with because they aren't the best teams in the world... Just kidding. These were some test data that survived the big sweep. I fixed that now, just hit the refresh button

We are also making the first update ready at this moment. Watch out for Calendar export of matches, notifications on news updates and some other fancyness. Depending on how the server does during the first match we'll also look at including goal notifications in an update.

Thanks for all the feedback here and elsewhere that reached us overnight. Please keep it coming. Best is sending it to worldcupapp@minderleister.com. We will try to fix any problems that might crop up as soon as possible.

Jonas

Is it possible to have links to watch goal high-lights?
    I didn't know people actually watch soccer...
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Estimates range around 3-4 billions watching the world cup. I hope you get to travel around the world and see what your fellow earthians are into!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Lol, yeah, well, it's only the biggest sports event on the planet ...
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Is it possible to have links to watch goal high-lights?
    Tell me where to link to and we'll gladly include it. Keep in mind that we are not FIFA or Eurosport or ESPN or something so it has to be a source that permits linking to.
    Just downloaded, looks awesome. Great layout and very informative. Goal notifications would be a great addition aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    Goal notifications would be a great addition aswell.
    I was just going to add this...would it be possible to pick a 'favourite team' and get notifications when they score/win games etc?

Other than that it looks like a really good app, thank you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenj View Post
    I see your point, but then again i don't think markets work well if consumers aren't as demanding as possible. If i pay for something i could get for free, well, i send the wrong signal to providers of services.
    LOL, I see your point, but the only message you're sending is that you may be the type of guy no girl wants to date.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Re "goal notifications". We are not quite sure what to expect in terms of server load for this app. Hopefully everyone will stay sane and not press the refresh button every second.

If the server does well during the first three games tomorrow we will try adding goal notifications. Selecting a "favorite team" is a feature we have been thinking about, we'll see how much time we have in between watching the games
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    What feed are the World Cup Manager supplied to?

Is it available in the UK or Germany because I dont seem to find it when I use a app browser.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    What feed are the World Cup Manager supplied to?

Is it available in the UK or Germany because I dont seem to find it when I use a app browser.
    It should be available in the App Catalogs worldwide. Here is the link to the download page: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Downloaded and installed World Cup Manager - looks great, just what i wanted!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast