webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Problems importing SSL certificate
Problems importing SSL certificate

Old 06/09/2010, 04:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi guys,

since about 6 months I'm running my own mail server, which I access from different devices via IMAP, e.g. Thunderbird on PC and, who would have thought that, from my Pre.
I have my Mailserver SSL-protected with a certificate from CAcert, which worked very fine so far. I could access mails from each program, could write mails from everywhere and also could save drafts for editing them later.

If anyone is familiar with CAcert, he may know that certificates of them only last 6 months (that is, if you don't validate it via different ways). Well, at least my certificate expired some days ago, so I created a new one. Thunderbird is running still fine, after setting it up with the new certificate.

Now the problem is setting up my Pre. At the first 6 month ago, I send the certificate via another mail account to my Pre, opened it and I was done...that's what I remember.
Now I tried every way of doing that again, but it won't work. I copied it in different versions (.cer, .crt, .der) onto it via USB, sent it via mail, but the message (SSL-certificate error: the security certificate of the server is no trustworthy certificate....or something similar, as I'm using a german Pre ).

When I open a certificate with certificat manager, it shows me the pop-up, where I can choose details, trust and do not trust. Surely I choose to trust it. Shouldn't I see it listed in there afterwards? I'm really stuck and it would be great if anyone can help me on this problem fast, as I'm going to holiday on saturday and would like to be able to read my mails there

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Greetings
hergl
Old 06/09/2010, 05:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

try using internals and click on the PEM certificate - the import process worked for self-signed and a seperate CA for me.
thalunil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2010, 05:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hi and thanks for your answer.

Are you talking of the program "Internalz"? And if so: I clicked on the certificate and the only options are:
- Information
- Open
- Move
- Copy
- Delete

Did you mean that?

Greetings from germany to germany ;-)
Old 06/09/2010, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Great post! Thanks for sharing.
androsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2010, 11:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hergl View Post
Hi and thanks for your answer.

Are you talking of the program "Internalz"? And if so: I clicked on the certificate and the only options are:
Yes, i do. After clicking "OPEN" the certificate manager should be starting the import dialog.
Old 06/09/2010, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hi again,

the problem is not finding the certificate manager, but really importing the certificate. It pops up the info to import it, but after I click "trust", there's no certificate in the list. Shouldn't there be one?
Old 06/09/2010, 03:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

i dont get it - you are using a CA. so please import the root ca which signed your server cert. you dont have to import your server cert, because the validation is done during SSL session setup.
Old 01/08/2013, 01:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

I hate to bump such an old thread, but I'm running across the exact same problem. I have a self-signed certificate that I don't even see an option to accept. Any suggestions appreciated.
SamirPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2013, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Platform is touchpad if it makes a difference.
SamirPD is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0