1.    #1  
    I wonder when is palm releasing a baseball game application......... Every single smartphone has baseball games except the Pre, this is a freakin' shame. they should do way better than that and don't take forever to get some baseball games, and even basketball. So sport fans could you please demand more sport games ASAP!... I'm not a Iphone fan by any mean, but i"m seriously considering on switching sides. The lack of good applications on the Pre and the constantly annoying " Sorry, Too Many Cards" issues are killing me softly. its really frustrating and as much as i love my Pre, im almost at the point of giving everything up!..... If Palm wants to continue being successful and compete with other smartphone carriers, they better start updating and making some improvements pretty fast.
    Are you requesting a playable game or are you requesting an app that tracks real games in progress?

If you want a playable game, I'd suggest directly contacting Gameloft (since they've already ported a few games) to let them know there is demand on the webOS platform for Derek Jeter Real Baseball.

If you want an app to track real games in progress there are several options in the app catalog. I, however, prefer to simply use mlb.com's mobile website.

I think I might just try and contact Gameloft tomorrow. Anyone else care to join in?
  3.    #3  
    Yeah you are right, I wasn't specific...... I'm talking about baseball games from gameloft or any other video game providers. We are missing a lot of good video games!
    Hopefully we'll get there... This PDK apps contest might go a long way towards bringing many more ports our way.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks For The Help My Friend! Hopefully they Do Add more Sport Games Applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Hopefully we'll get there... This PDK apps contest might go a long way towards bringing many more ports our way.
    I wouldn't count on that too much the contest ends in 11 days
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    I wouldn't count on that too much the contest ends in 11 days
    The standard apps contest ends in 11 days. At the start of July a new contest starts for applications made with the PDK... I'm hoping that with the "ease" of porting iPhone apps we see a flood of PDK apps
    We need a Baseball Game app that does the following:
    - 3D graphics, all MLB ballparks (historic ballparks: The Polo Grounds, Crosby Field, etc.)
    - Play against an online opponent
    - Play solo
    - Include all current MLB rosters
    - Season mode that saves stats
    - Franchise mode (see how your team evolves each year)
    - Home run derby
    - All-star game
    - Real time stat updates
    - Sports ticker
    - Play with "Hall of Fame" teams (1961 Yankees, 1975 Cincy Reds, 1986 Mets, etc.)
    - Draft and trade players (any era)
    - Manage Free Agents
    - View Player cards (Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, etc.)
    - Save stats via a Web service (import more players, teams, etc.)

Well, this is just my two cents worth. Guess you can tell I'm a baseball junkie but no harm in asking. And yes, I do own an Xbox 360 with MLB 2K10 but I got a boring 90 minute commute everyday.

Is this heaven? No this is Iowa.
    Quote Originally Posted by ersanchez1822 View Post
    I wonder when is palm releasing a baseball game application......... Every single smartphone has baseball games except the Pre, this is a freakin' shame. they should do way better than that and don't take forever to get some baseball games, and even basketball. So sport fans could you please demand more sport games ASAP!... I'm not a Iphone fan by any mean, but i"m seriously considering on switching sides. The lack of good applications on the Pre and the constantly annoying " Sorry, Too Many Cards" issues are killing me softly. its really frustrating and as much as i love my Pre, im almost at the point of giving everything up!..... If Palm wants to continue being successful and compete with other smartphone carriers, they better start updating and making some improvements pretty fast.
    You don't have to switch sides, just get an iPod Touch. I have one and my Pre and I love having the best of both worlds.

Ultimately though, it won't be up to Palm to release one. You need to find a developer to make one, or convince one of the developers of the iPod baseball games to port it over to webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    - 3D graphics, all MLB ballparks (historic ballparks: The Polo Grounds, Crosby Field, etc.)
    - Play solo
    - Home run derby
    - All-star game
    - Real time stat updates
    - Sports ticker
    - Play with "Hall of Fame" teams (1961 Yankees, 1975 Cincy Reds, 1986 Mets, etc.)
    - Manage Free Agents

Well, this is just my two cents worth. Guess you can tell I'm a baseball junkie but no harm in asking. And yes, I do own an Xbox 360 with MLB 2K10 but I got a boring 90 minute commute everyday.

Nice concept, even if it is everything you could want in a console/computer game.

I for one grew up playing the Tony LaRussa games on the PC, with all the historic parks and players (damn that was probably 15+ years ago now).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    - Play solo
    - Home run derby
    - All-star game
    - Real time stat updates
    - Sports ticker
    - Manage Free Agents

I doubt they could cram all that into a mobile app. There aren't any like that yet on the iPhone/iPod yet either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ersanchez1822 View Post
    There aren't very many good ones on IOS yet either. I've played Flick Baseball. It's got 3D graphics but it's about as deep as a baby spoon. The other games I've never played, they sound deeper but have cutesy cartoony graphics. There isn't really a serious contender yet in the mobile baseball game market.