1.    #1  
    I was wondering IF I can directly download APPS from my laptop to my Pre using USB cord? (This would obviously go faster!) Also do we have a digital compass for the Pre Plus which is hidden in my phone software somewhere?
    And what about VOICE recorder? Is that in there somewhere too?

R Kilps
    why would you want to use your PC when you can install directly from the app catalog? please clarify.

There is a voice recorder called Zcorder

No compass, sorry
    I assume he means if he downloaded on the computer, downloads would go faster, WebOSQuickInstall can do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axmirza2 View Post
    I assume he means if he downloaded on the computer, downloads would go faster, WebOSQuickInstall can do that.
    I haven't seen them any faster that way, especially with the required luna restarts, etc added in to the equation. IMHO
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    why would you want to use your PC when you can install directly from the app catalog? please clarify.
    I'm not sure the OPs situation, but I can envision at least one scenario for this. The reason I can envision it is because I experienced it myself a short 2 weeks ago.

Scenario goes like this: You're a Sprint subscriber and your work gives you an assignment to be in Europe for a 3 weeks. While there you have access to wired internet but no wireless and also a candybar/gsm phone is provided for voice but not data. Your trusty laptop can get online and you can make/receive calls. Your trusty Pre on the other hand suffers the shame of no connectivity.

In my case I didn't have to install any apps while I was away and the MP3s loaded before the trip made the Pre a usable iPod and camera, but that might not be the OPs situation.

PS: I tried real hard to use the laptop to provide WiFi/USB/BT services that the Pre could use to reach the Internet but I was not smart enough to accomplish this.
    Last edited by mauro1; 06/08/2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: added PS
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)