View Poll Results: Do you like the current Passcode/Password Format?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it! Wouldn't change it if I could.

0 0%
  • Works for me. It does what I need it to do.

0 0%
  • Hate it. Seems like there could be something better.

3 60.00%
  • No Lockout for me. I don't mind if someone steals my info.

2 40.00%
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of an application that loads in place of the default lock screen? Not the one with the "swipe" icon, but for those of us her have passcodes, or passwords on our device. I have been looking everywhere. I really like the patern code that is on Andriod, it's way nicer than the passcode plateform that we currently share with every other device os. I just would like to see something different and that could a little faster. I'm not sure if it's even possible with the current tools but it would be nice to have something better. Afterall that is why I love WebOs, it's just a noche above the other plateforms. (this lock basic code thing seems lazy though, I know there could be something better)
    there is a patch that lets you avoid entering the PIN altogether.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    there is a patch that lets you avoid entering the PIN altogether.
    Yeah I know about the patch but I really don't want the chance of someone finding my phone. It's filled with all kinds of sensitive information.
    you can always wipe it remotely...
    Quote Originally Posted by neobaptist View Post
    Does anyone know of an application that loads in place of the default lock screen? Not the one with the "swipe" icon, but for those of us her have passcodes, or passwords on our device. I have been looking everywhere. I really like the patern code that is on Andriod, it's way nicer than the passcode plateform that we currently share with every other device os. I just would like to see something different and that could a little faster. I'm not sure if it's even possible with the current tools but it would be nice to have something better. Afterall that is why I love WebOs, it's just a noche above the other plateforms. (this lock basic code thing seems lazy though, I know there could be something better)
    Well, if you want something faster, just create a 1-digit PIN. A few updates ago (i think around 1.2), Palm removed the standard 4 digit PIN requirement, so you can just put a 1 digit PIN and press OK, and it doesnt take very long.

hope this helps
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you can always wipe it remotely...
    I can't bring myself to rely on it. For it to work the device has to be connected to the Data Network so if it was either not in service, in airplane mode, or I change my service before the device gets the wipe command than the person is free to look through whatever they wish.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Well, if you want something faster, just create a 1-digit PIN. A few updates ago (i think around 1.2), Palm removed the standard 4 digit PIN requirement, so you can just put a 1 digit PIN and press OK, and it doesnt take very long.

hope this helps
    I did do that for awhile but my 13 yr old little brother figured it out in just a couple minutes. So I figured I may want to make it a little more complicated. Thanks though.