Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    I had the beta version of Facebook installed a while ago. It has since been deleted. Now I want to install it again and it won't download.

    The bar to download will press, then show 'Downloading...' but it never does.

    I first tried a Luna restart, then I restarted the whole device, but it still won't download. I've not sure if there is a bug that is preventing me downloading the beta app.

    I have tried downloading from two different wifi networks, and OTA, and got the same result. I have been successful in downloading other apps from the app catalog, beta feed, web feed, and from Preware.

    I did download an app from the beta feed, delete it, then I was able to download it again.

    Now I'm just stumped as to why it won't download.
  2. #2  
    Is this the only app that won't download or is it the only one you have tried? If other apps download fine then we might be looking at an issue, if no apps download then it's you and we can go from there..
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Is this the only app that won't download or is it the only one you have tried? If other apps download fine then we might be looking at an issue, if no apps download then it's you and we can go from there..
    "I have been successful in downloading other apps from the app catalog, beta feed, web feed, and from Preware.

    I did download an app from the beta feed, delete it, then I was able to download it again."

    Other apps do download just fine.
  4. #4  
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  5. #5  
    I am having the same identical issue. I've downloaded other apps with no issue, it's just FB Beta that will not download. The download indicator does not show progress. It just stays on Downloading.
  6.    #6  
    Thank udiaz75, at least I know I'm not alone now. Did you have it downloaded before, then deleted it, now can't download it?

    I probably should add that I'm running Uber Kernel and a bunch of patches as well.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreamwalker View Post
    Thank udiaz75, at least I know I'm not alone now. Did you have it downloaded before, then deleted it, now can't download it?

    I probably should add that I'm running Uber Kernel and a bunch of patches as well.
    I had it downloaded in the past and uninstalled it when the non Beta app was release. Just as a side not, my brother and a buddy of mine are having the same issues. It seems a little unusual that no one else has said anything.
  8. #8  
    *BUMP*

    I am having the same issue. Anyone know of a fix?!
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  9.    #9  
    (bump)

    I still am having this problem.Nothing I have tried

    Does anyone think that having UberKernel installed would cause this?

    I have not tried doctoring my phone, I'd hate to have to do that.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreamwalker View Post
    (bump)

    I still am having this problem.Nothing I have tried

    Does anyone think that having UberKernel installed would cause this?

    I have not tried doctoring my phone, I'd hate to have to do that.
    I gave up on it. Have not had any luck.
  11. #11  
    maybe the fb beta feed is releasing a newer version as we speak and their removing the old one o.o
  12. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #12  
    Perhaps they're releasing a new version of the app imminently. I've been in contact with the app's developers regarding a bug, and I got an email from the lead developer this morning telling me he thought he'd fixed it, but to get back to him if I was still seeing the same issue in the next version...

    EDIT: Didn't notice these posts started some time ago. Maybe not then.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Perhaps they're releasing a new version of the app imminently. I've been in contact with the app's developers regarding a bug, and I got an email from the lead developer this morning telling me he thought he'd fixed it, but to get back to him if I was still seeing the same issue in the next version...
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around where the issue is. Is it my Pre? Is it the download server? Is it my Palm Profile?

    Once it does get fixed and I'm able to download it I will not be deleting it again.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreamwalker View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around where the issue is. Is it my Pre? Is it the download server? Is it my Palm Profile?

    Once it does get fixed and I'm able to download it I will not be deleting it again.
    I just tried it and still nothing. I am with you on this one, if it starts working, I will not delete it either.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreamwalker View Post
    (bump)

    I still am having this problem.Nothing I have tried

    Does anyone think that having UberKernel installed would cause this?

    I have not tried doctoring my phone, I'd hate to have to do that.
    I had uber when I reinstalled fb beta and had no issues.
  16. #16  
    Does anyone know if the FB Beta App package can be downloaded and loaded through WebOS Quickinstaller?
  17. #17  
    Yes it can be
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Yes it can be
    I've searched for the package. Where can I get it?
  19. #19  
    check your pm
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    check your pm
    Is there an actual Palm supported method to download web distributed apps?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions