1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,

I've won Snaptic "Move Your App Challange" for Pickup Sports, so the very first thing after I won that last Thursday is to make that app on WebOS, and that was my memorial day weekend. The prize was a trip to TED Global 2010 in England =) It just got released today and is being part of "notable" on Pre Central's release thread.

The App is about finding and making local pickup games in your area, this way it promotes more healthy movement from people. Now you can find games Android users creates or create games so they can join.

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

Feel free to give a try, the app is free and has no advertising, it is meant for giving best quality usage. If there any feedback's please let me know so I can make improvement on my updates.

Peter
    Hmmm, I downloaded your app, after registering I couldn't do anything, creating a game just hangs there, but after relaunching the app I was able to create games find games, really nice idea tho, would need more people to use it to be effective.
  3.    #3  
    Hey Sorry about that, I was able to identify the bug and release an update to fix the launch problem, currently after registration you'd need to relaunch the app for it to work.

Sorry for the inconvenience for the guys that've already downloaded it.
    Thanks Dev... App shows promise if the user base grows. I'm in the Los Angeles area and seem to get three -five p/u games showing for the week. I plan to add in my regular p/u games. Any chance of adding Ultimate Frisbee as a sport in a future update?
  5.    #5  
    Yes,

Cycling, Frisbee, and Hitting Gym will be added by next week, this is on android phone as well, and is getting a lot of adoptions on android phone, if you know anybody that use the android phone, feel free to ask them download the app, the games are being shared on both phones. On top of that I am currently working on the facebook interface for the app as well, this way a lot more people will likely be joining the game =)

I am also adding functionality so people can post comments on the game, I am having a lot of problems joining game that's being hosted at 11:00AM on Tuesdays, so as a user myself I'd like to make comments to let the host know that it should be a little later =)

Thanks for using the software, if you have any other suggestions feel free to let me know.

Peter
    Wow... awesome that you are expanding this beyond the webOS platform... Great work!

I did have one additional idea. Maybe I simply haven't figured out how to do it, but being able to create a new game which repeats itself automatically every week would be great.

For example, I have a regular Ultimate game at the same time every Wednesday night. It would be nice to be able to set it up so that I don't have to reenter the game every single week.
    Thanks for the fix, can you add some winter sports? I know its not the season yet but that was always a problem to find people to go ski with.

I would like repeat games too if its possible, since I always go to the gym on Wednesday night, it would be nice to just post it there without much worries.
  8.    #8  
    hmmm, right now I am focusing on creating more portal for the app, it will probably be in July's updates....
  9.    #9  
    Added 4 spots as promised, adding Fencing, states for DC and possibly internationalize it by next update =)