1.    #1  
    Using Classic, I can Hotsync successfully if NO Applications are selected via the HotSync desktop manager. Once I select Calendar which is a big database and configured for Desktop overwrites handheld then I get errors.

I can see the Progress Bar on the desktop get to Sync Calendar, but the connected gets dropped before the Hot Sync completes. HotSync on the Pre reports the connected between the device and desktop was lost.

The desktop log also reports Conduit Error (65535) Protocol Error (6410)

I have tried reinstalling my desktop. Desktop firewall is disabled.

I have a case with MotionApps, but wanted to post the problem here to see if any users have a suggestion.

Any suggestions?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I had a similar problem with HotSync of the calendar. I had to buy a program called DBFixit from Pimlico (maker of DateBook6). I ran DBFixit, it found some records with problems, cleaned them up, and then HotSync worked again. You can run DBFixit for free to see if you have any errors, but in order to fix them, you have to pay for it. For me it was well worth the $12.95 to be able to HotSync again.
  3.    #3  
    Running DBfixit would not help me. I had Hotsync set up for Desktop to overwrite handheld.

I did a hard reset inside Classic, created a new user profile. I did a Hot Sync test by unchecking all the apps in the Hotsync which completed successfully. I than enable Calendar (Outlook) with Desktop overwriting handheld. It worked too! I am not sure what broke, but now I am hotsyncing my Outlook calendar to Databk6.

thanks
    I don't have any wisdom on this other than I recall that somewhere in here is a post where someone found that classic hotsync failed after they installed a particular program or patch. Sorry to be so vague. I just can't recall the details.

My recommendation is that you only use classic for things that can't be done with a native webOS app. I know that's not what you want to hear, but...

You should check out CompanionLink and Pocket Mirror. They are expensive, but they will solve the problem indefinitely as it becomes harder for Classic to glue the old and the new together...
  5.    #5  
    My primary use of Classic is the Month Icon view in datebk6. Once I can do this in WebOS then I retire Classic. Progress is being made with Ubercalendar to show icons in day and week view.
    sounds like you should be ready to get CompanionLink or Pocket Mirror!