Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Facebook for webOS Beta 1.2.5 Fixes Photo notificatoins! It's available now in the beta app catalog! I just tried it out and first thing I tried was opening a photo comment notification and it worked!! I'm not sure what else is new but that made my day!!
    hopefully customizable notifications :O

edit: checked it out. not bad. no customizable notifications yet :/ but big ups to the devs who keep the fb app running
    Last edited by cmilette; 06/03/2010 at 04:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Facebook for webOS Beta 1.2.5 Fixes Photo notificatoins! It's available now in the beta app catalog! I just tried it out and first thing I tried was opening a photo comment notification and it worked!! I'm not sure what else is new but that made my day!!
    I was also hoping they would fix it. ;-)
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    where do I find this update? "beta app catalog"?
    You can enable the Palm Beta feed in Preware.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ok, I didn't realize that the Preware beta feed gave access to another separate app ... now I see that Facebook and Facebook Beta are two completely separate apps.

Do you all use Facebook Beta exclusively or do you use it for new updates and then switch back to reg Facebook when it gets updated?

And .. i just tried to click on a notification about a photo comment from 5 hrs ago, in the beta version, and I still get the error.
    Last edited by tsnum4; 06/03/2010 at 05:54 PM.
  7.    #7  
    It appears we can now tag people in facebook images.. there's several new features/buttons I'm finding but not exactly sure what all they do! What I still want the most is ability to respond to friend requests and to add captions to photos I upload
    I've updated my feeds in Preware and re-downloaded the 1.2 beta. Preware shows that there's an update for it, but when I click on "Update", the beta app catalog only shows v1.2 and says "tap to launch". Still not getting an option to update the beta app. Sadface.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonny View Post
    I've updated my feeds in Preware and re-downloaded the 1.2 beta. Preware shows that there's an update for it, but when I click on "Update", the beta app catalog only shows v1.2 and says "tap to launch". Still not getting an option to update the beta app. Sadface.
    dowload the beta. Then open the app catalog then click on the little bag in the bottom right corner and update the app from there.
    ^^ Thanks man! That did it.
  11.    #11  
    @jordan23945bulls, i'm the biggest MJ fan ever as well, but I just wanted to say I always enjoy your avatars!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Facebook beta 1.2.5 that just dropped includes photo tagging!, one step closer to a complete FB Client App... Keep up the great work Palm!

BTW Guys... Use the Update App to get the correct file!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Yeah they 'fixed' the photo issue, but still, not all pics display. Some pictures tell me to go on the browser to view them. Pretty much, what I'm going to do now is set the original fb app to manual and FB beta to update every 20minutes!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    @jordan23945bulls, i'm the biggest MJ fan ever as well, but I just wanted to say I always enjoy your avatars!
    haha thanks man xD
    That was weird. The first time I launched it after updating, it still gave me an error clicking a photo notification. It might have been because I had the app catalog version running at the time. After I closed everything and opened the beta, it worked. The photo viewer is much improved.
    photo album says to go to mobile site... and whats up with the black screen instead of marble green..... definately like the photo tagging part....
    ***!!!!!!!!!! Still no way to clear notifications.... Who is developing this program?????

There are bunch of developers in these forums who could help them out....

This app is UNUSABLE until they figure it out....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    ***!!!!!!!!!! Still no way to clear notifications.... Who is developing this program?????

Go on your computer and clear it.
    Still no way to clear notifications!!!!!!! What!!!!!!! This is rediculous!!!!!!

Who cares about freakin geotagging?????? There is no reason to use this app until they figure this out!!!!!!
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post

Now now now, let's not exaggerate. C'mon, it's far from UNUSABLE. It's a very solid application and they continue to improve it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast