1.    #1  
    Hi everyone!

Palm as finally accepted my update for iCopter (in only four days) !

I work very hard on this release and I hope you will enjoy it. It adds a few options (like deactivate helicopter inertia), a french translation (even if you don't care), fixes the trophy bug, and other cool little features that you will probably find out.

But the main improvement is speed, speed and speed again. I work very hard to optimize the game, and it's now very smooth. I almost rewrite the code to get those result

In the next version, I've planned to add a 'Space invaders mode' where you shoot alien and a 'night mode' where you have a reduced visibility, and a more interactive help with highscores. (But right now i have the french equivalent of 'SAT' to pass, so i can't spend a lot of time in iCopter)

If you don't know what is iCopter, it's a game where you are driving an helicopter in a cave : you press the screen to go up, and release it to go down. You need to avoid block that appears in the middle of the screen, but you earn more points if you come very close to them. Your goal is to beat your highscore.

The main features of the iCopter (available for pre/pixi in french and english) are :
    -Customizable speed
    -Different gaming mode including bonus and endurance mode
    -Very complete help section
    -Customizable field (color, block size, striped or not, rounded middle blocks...)
    -You can choose helicopter size, bonus size and other options
    -You can unlock trophy by taking up challenges
    -You can see your trophy in hall of fame
    -You can unlock new features such as new gaming mode or new helicopter style by earning trophy

The endurance mode is basically the same as the classic mode, but you can monitor your fuel status and to take fuel tank to refill you helicopter.

In the bonus mode, you can pick up bonuses and even combine their effect. There is five bonuses actually : alcohol, which blur your vision, slowmo which slow down the game, points X2 (double the points earned when active), moving field which make the middle block move and invicibility which... makes you invicible

Voilą! Every feedback, question, or suggestion is welcomed

PS : For those who was accostumed to the previous version, the rounded corner for middle blocks are now deactivated by default but you can activate them in 'settings' screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
    Very cool! Good work
  3.    #3  
    Thanks a lot! If you have a suggestion for next versions, I would love to add it. Always good to see that people like the game

BTW, if anyone would be motivated enough to translate my app into spanish or german, it would be very sweet!

Downloading the update now. Thanks!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    It acted very strange at the start. The block size was HUGE (like over 5 - 10mm), and the movement was VERY choppy. I went into prefs, and played around with settings. I think it was when I toggled block size to small and back again, then it operated normally. Actually, then it operated GREAT! VERY smooth. AMAZINGLY smooth. And the block size was normal, like before.

Not sure what was going on, but perhaps my previous prefs were being interpreted oddly at first???

Anyway, nice work, and I look forward to trying all the new features.

And, I really like being able to start games with the space bar! It took me a couple tries to realize I had to tap and release to start the game, then tap and hold to keep my copter up, but no permanent damage to my copter!

Regards,
    Tom
  6.    #6  
    Thanks again TomJ! I know i can count on your support
    For the space bar, I'm unfortunatly forced to do two different taps, one to begin, the other to move the helicopter.

For the block size problem, i have changed the default settings and I've submitted a new version to palm five minutes ago... I hope they won't take too long to accept it in the app catalog

Putting the block size to 20 px make the game being choppier but it consume far less power : if you have a lot of cards opened at the same time, it could be better.

Regards,
    Thomas

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    how about a throttle mode, where the copter starts slow, and gets gradually faster
  8.    #8  
    Thanks KarlD89! I love your idea for two reasons : it's fun, and it's easy to code
    I've added this on my todo list .

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas92 View Post
    Thanks KarlD89! I love your idea for two reasons : it's fun, and it's easy to code
    I've added this on my todo list .
    Great, thanks, my mate has this on his android phone, and it is the only thing i like about his phone
    fantastic. could we get on the achivements, how many we have done to unlokc, and how many left? liek press paus in a game 30 times, done 28 times?
  11.    #11  
    It's a good idea (and also easy to code) to show the progress for the unlocking. Thanks a lot shaffaaf27 for your help (and KarlD89 BTW). I will add this in the next release.

I have a problem right now : some users are complaining about speed of 2.1 versus previous versions. On my emulator it works well. Can anyone as this issue, and is this a lag problem or a 'low refresh rate' issue? It would be awesome if someone who has the issue could make a quick video of the game speed since i don't have a webOS device :/ .

Also i've released 2.1.1 today who just change some default prefs, so no big news.

12.    #12  
    I've submitted a new version (2.2) to Palm, which solve 2.1 problems. It also add a way to monitor your progress for each trophy (thanks shaffaaf27), and a throttle mode (thanks KarlD89). What's more some other little features and bugfixes are included

BTW, The game will now be called preCopter (i personnally prefer preCopter to iCopter).
    Thomas

How does iCopter differ from The Helicopter Game by MojoJungle?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  14.    #14  
    Hi,

iCopter (soon preCopter), has a lot of settings (field color, bonus size, inertia for the helicopter, game speed...), and a lot of gaming mode (for exemple, in bonus mode you can collect bonus, in endurance mode you need to monitor your fuel, in throttle mode the game gets gradually faster...).

Besides, preCopter also include trophy that you can unlock to access new features and it also include an help section.

Please, do not judge the game on the actual version (2.1) since there is a lot of problems for some users, but wait for preCopter (should be out in a few days).

Thanks for your interest in the game, (and sorry for my terrible english)
    Thomas