1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to use a Wii or other gaming system with Mobile Hotspot? When I try to connect with the Wii, it fails. I see it connect to MH and then disconnect after a second. I've tested it with and without encryption, and even tried giving the Wii a manual IP address. Does anybody have any tips or ideas?
  2.    #2  
    Nothing? I wanted to get by without DSL/cable, but I don't know how much longer I will last this way
    I'm very curious about this myself. Anytime I've seen it mentioned, nobody wants to explain how they do it. I'd like to use it to connect the wii and use it's opera browser for web browsing. Anything else would be too data intense.

Anyone got any info on this?????
    I think the problem could be that the WII uses WEP encryption and maybe the Mobile Hotspot doesn't support that.
    The encryption isn't the problem. The Wii has options for WEP through WPA/WPA2 Personal encryption. But you can even use an open connection if you're not afraid of anyone in your neighborhood leeching. The problem probably is that for the Wii to verify the connection it has to connect to Nintendo's servers. I think the issue is that to do this the Wii has to go through a port that is blocked on the Hotspot app. Unfortunately there are no advanced router options with the app. Does anyone know of a way to alter the port settings behind the scenes?
    I've used MHS to update the WII, buy old skool SNES games for the kids, etc. Never had a problem.
    I tried (very briefly) to use MHS to play Mario Kart Wii online and the results weren't that great. I had connection issues (I kept getting disconnected) and my phone got insanely warm really fast. I really wouldn't recommend doing it.
    I've used MHS to download games on my Nintendo DSi. Store worked great. I didn't try any other online services.
    I've been using this app for ipod touch and recently took a 1300 mile road trip and had my nieces lap top connected in the 2nd car, provided they could keep up with me. It did stop working once we got 1000 miles from home.
    For those of you who are successful using the mobile hot spot with the Wii, can you please help by providing the method you used to get it to work and to get the Wii to stay connected to the Hotspot when it checks the connection?
    I use it and it works fine.

Set up the mhs with in the phone and turn it on (using wpa)

Search for available connections in the wii, choose the mhs, enter password, done!

The wii connects automatically when you first turn it on then disconnects and reconnects depending on the game that you use. It doesn't stay connected all the time, only when you are using games or homebrew software that use the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by malber View Post
    For those of you who are successful using the mobile hot spot with the Wii, can you please help by providing the method you used to get it to work and to get the Wii to stay connected to the Hotspot when it checks the connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    I use it and it works fine.

Set up the mhs with in the phone and turn it on (using wpa)

Search for available connections in the wii, choose the mhs, enter password, done!

The wii connects automatically when you first turn it on then disconnects and reconnects depending on the game that you use. It doesn't stay connected all the time, only when you are using games or homebrew software that use the connection.
    I can't get the wii to use that connection if the Internet connection verification doesn't work with Ninty's servers. It defaults to my home wi-fi connection.

Trying to get this to work at home before I take the wii to where there is no wi-fi.