1.    #1  
    Hi - does anyone know of a WebOS app that uses the net to send cheap sms messages that appear to come from the phone you're using? I use the Fishtext java app for my dumbphone at the moment, and I know it's available on the iphone, but does anyone use something similar (Project Gizmo etc) on WebOS?

I had a quick search and couldn't see anything. I live in the UK where we pay to send but not receive SMS, and often message people around europe, who also do not pay to receive. The carriers are expensive but Fishtext offers the same service at a huge pre-paid discount and I'd be loathe to give it up
    I'm writing a fishtext app. I have a working version, but it's still very early for release. If you are interested let me know, once I polish it I'll need some testers.

Is there anybody else interested in the fishtext app by the way?

You can check them out here:
    https://www.fishtext.com/

Edit:

Just to mention, this is not for US people unless you are texting someone overseas. US providers don't let your phone number to show up as sender, but rather some random number.
    Last edited by maajka; 02/12/2011 at 06:05 PM.
    It would be great if it works like a plug-in for messaging app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlio View Post
    Hi - does anyone know of a WebOS app that uses the net to send cheap sms messages that appear to come from the phone you're using? .................
    Search the catalog for SMS. There are a number of SMS over Internet texting apps. It depends on the SMSi provider used whether your own phone number is visible as the sender's number. Some providers offer several rates, the more expensive rates offer including your senderID.

iDialPlan SMSi offers both sending SMS over GSM and SMS over Internet at transmit time. It is provider independent. So you can choose your SMSi provider at the expense of some provider setup effort once. One of the preset providers in iDialPlan offers senderID.

iDialPlan offers also many extras like preset messages, group texting, email archiving, long message handling and integration with pre's contacts including adjusting a number into the right format. It is a send only app.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 02/18/2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: preset msg mentioned