Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Don't like the tone of the programmer they have chosen to highlight, but food for thought nonetheless. (from Wired magazine)

WebOS Apps Stand Out, Because There’s Less Competition | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    This "developer" is a jerk. Plain and simple. It's amazing how someone could be proud of sub-standard work. He may get a few thousand dollars, but his reputation in this community is now scarred. And I guarantee once the Hot Apps contest ends and his apps aren't making any money, he'll be gone. But then some other "developer" looking to make a quick buck will take his place.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Well I know 2 apps I WON'T be downloading. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    This "developer" is a jerk. Plain and simple. It's amazing how someone could be proud of sub-standard work. He may get a few thousand dollars, but his reputation in this community is now scarred. And I guarantee once the Hot Apps contest ends and his apps aren't making any money, he'll be gone. But then some other "developer" looking to make a quick buck will take his place.
    Doubt if he's much of a developer anyway. Couldn't sell JACK in the Android apps store. I won't be buying any of his "stuff" (family friendly version ) either.

But legitimate developers should take note. And when we see a good app, rather than complaining about how it should be free (?), I'll buy it.

C
    Dev's name . Paschar LLC just in case anyone wants to know.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Dev's name . Paschar LLC just in case anyone wants to know.
    Thanks! Hope everyone keeps him on their list.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Not sure what this proves but he states it took him less than an hour to build and was paid by palm for his "crap"

WebOS Apps Stand Out Because Theres Less Competition | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Not sure what this proves but he states it took him less than an hour to build and was paid by palm for his "crap"

WebOS Apps Stand Out Because There’s Less Competition | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    Already posted. Join that thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2487852

One member got more info on him so those who choose to will not buy his stuff.
    Boycott his apps. Please and thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Only 5 apps, he's small time. Think about Digit, Brighthouse, and some of the others with DOZENS of crap apps.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Well I know 2 apps I WON'T be downloading. haha
    I just checked the Catalog and that Dev has five apps. Not surprisingly, they all look like junk...
    OK, 5. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  13.    #13  
    Who else deserves to go on the "untouchable" list, besides the guys who keep pumping out the public domain books and the useless quotes applications?

Any nominations for favorite developer (besides the WebOS internals guys, who are awesome)?
    It's amazing how people will indiscriminately download junk apps, judging by the Hotapps.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Only 5 apps, he's small time. Think about Digit, Brighthouse, and some of the others with DOZENS of crap apps.
    $5,000 dollars.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Boycott his apps. Please and thanks
    Did you happen to notice that he LIKES WebOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    Did you happen to notice that he LIKES WebOS?
    We liked Britain but we still boycotted them for their statements.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    It's amazing how people will indiscriminately download junk apps, judging by the Hotapps.
    Especially if it's free. I don't need 100,000 apps - just a few dozen good ones. Wish there was a good way to praise the good developers and call out the ones putting out crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Especially if it's free. I don't need 100,000 apps - just a few dozen good ones. Wish there was a good way to praise the good developers and call out the ones putting out crap.
    We need a Developer Rating System! That would be kinda cool actually.
    i thought you could only win one prize out of each category, so you wouldnt win 3,000 for three apps only one would qualify???
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast