Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    We need a Developer Rating System! That would be kinda cool actually.
    +1
    I kind of wish this guy didn't get any press. We could see a flood of garbage apps in the coming months as people try to cash in on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    What's just as bad is that the app I spent 90-100 hours on so far between planning, design, development, and maintaining/updating (Radio Hibiki) is at #279 while this guy's apparently in the $1,000 bracket multiple times for dumping apps that took him an hour to pump out.

Seriously.

But he undeniably has a knack for pumping out low-quality apps that people still, for some reason, buy. I'll never understand the "quantity over quality" and "pump and dump" developers, myself.
    People are too amused with simple things. One of that guy's apps purpose is to make an annoying sound. I read some of the reviews and they pretty much go like this: "It's annoying, I love it!"

I don't get it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Boycott his apps. Please and thanks
    \

So we know which apps are his? This is just crazy. And such fine journalism to pick out a scumbag to highlight and quote. Nice...
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Just because he made a crappy app doesn't mean it's bad. Obviously if hes getting money from palm it's because people thought his app was good, I don't know about you but I don't download apps I will never use, let alone never open for ****s and giggles.
    can someone please tell me which apps this guy has in the app catalog?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    can someone please tell me which apps this guy has in the app catalog?
    Fantasy Chat
    Audio Blaster
    Playboy Covers
    Hypnotizer
    Tiger Woods' Mistresses

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Fantasy Chat
    Audio Blaster
    Playboy Covers
    Hypnotizer
    Tiger Woods' Mistresses
    I should have known. One more to add to the "block vendor" list. I was hoping that I owned one so I could ask for a refund...
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Palm really should have tied some strings with developers at either the Pre launch or the Pre Plus launch...

Preferably the former, but anything would have helped their current app situation.
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Don't like the tone of the programmer they have chosen to highlight, but food for thought nonetheless. (from Wired magazine)
    i hate it when people ruin a platform's reputation like this.

some of us, (hint hint), are trying to make a difference by delivering some higher quality applications and helping others do the same. what a moron. from the sounds of it, he will also sleep with his mother for $1000
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
    I just got into the WebOS development and have released my first app. It's really hard to see that this guy puts out crappy apps and is up there.
    We need a Developer Rating System!
    We can have one on PreCentral. We and Admins/Mods should Promote Apps by Top Devolopers on the Forum
    i thought you could only win one prize out of each category, so you wouldnt win 3,000 for three apps only one would qualify???
    Only one application can win the 100K or 10K prize per customer.

The 1K prize can be won multiple times.
    From the article:

Wait just a minute here, I don't remember Playboy covers ever being in the public domain and I highly doubt this guy licensed their use for a commercial application.

Perhaps someone could confirm (since IANAL), but isn't this profiting off what amounts to an intellectual property violation?
    Palm isn't going to care. They approved the app in the first place. I've asked the same type of question about other similar apps on the Palm Dev forums and Chuq has made it clear that they won't act on it unless the IP owners contacted them.

In my opinion, Palm is just as responsible for the IP violation since they make 30% of the profits from these apps. Approving apps that are obvious IP violations is wrong. It's turning a blind eye to an illegal activity.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  16.    #36  
    What's just as bad is that the app I spent 90-100 hours on so far between planning, design, development, and maintaining/updating (Radio Hibiki) is at #279 while this guy's apparently in the $1,000 bracket multiple times for dumping apps that took him an hour to pump out.

Seriously.

But he undeniably has a knack for pumping out low-quality apps that people still, for some reason, buy. I'll never understand the "quantity over quality" and "pump and dump" developers, myself.
    I feel your (and the other developers) pain. I wonder if we could get in with the guy pushing the "Buy an App Day" and highlight for special attention the developers who have made a point to support the WebOS environment.

(and ignore the 'bums' who are just out to make a buck and don't give a #$%^ about actually producing something useful)

Palm can't afford to alienate anyone, so don't expect them to police their catalog. But we can.

C
    I am not sure if you guys realized I did state these are "under 1 hour" apps, And I built them while learning how to build "Hello World" on WebOS.

The quote on the article was taken out of context, it was something I've mentioned over dinner conversation and I forgot to mention whether its "on the record". What I actually meant was it was surprisingly easy to get downloads on WebOS and more developers should look into it, after all, we do want people to use our application.

I use to hear an artist complaining that "It took me a year to sell a painting that was painted under a day, and it took a day to sell a painting that took me a year to paint"

That theory is just totally wrong according to my experience and research, I've built something over past half a year on android and barely receiving 200 to 300 downloads over 2 to 3 month span, so vanadium, I really do feel your pain. But yet when I released the same "crap" I built on palm I immediately get over 1000 downloads a day, it wasn't intentionally, it was just a result. The app that took least amount of time to built hit rank #50, and it was released on April 10th.

All these apps were made to test the marketing strategy, I end up winning 4 instead of 5. These apps are all free, and I am not making money off them, nor was I planning to. I am simply building apps for fun as a hobby.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12