Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    has anyone downloaded quickchanger? The concept is good but the app is so incredibly slow it is practically unusable. Anyone else having this problem? I am also getting critical memory issues when using this.
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    has anyone downloaded quickchanger? The concept is good but the app is so incredibly slow it is practically unusable. Anyone else having this problem? I am also getting critical memory issues when using this.
    I am the developer of QuickChanger and just wanted to jump in here to give you some news about the app. I have been working hard to resolve the issues you are talking about and I think if you give the app another chance you might be surprised.

The main problem I am having is that there is no viable way (that I know of) to produce a thumbnail image using webOS, and so when you are viewing the wallpaper list in QC, the app is actually loading the entire image and then resizing it on the fly. This causes major problems with hi-res photos, since they are so large.

The main fix I have introduced is to allow you to specify how you want QuickChanger to address this issue. In the preferences is an On/off toggle switch to display hi-res photos. Turn it on and QC acts like is did before and tries to show all your images, but if you turn it off the app shows a small sad face thumbnail instead.

This isn't a perfect solution, obviously, but until Palm decides to implement some of the things we would need to actually produce a thumbnail from a photo, there isn't much else I can do. I have kicked around the idea of uploading the photos to a website and then downloading a thumbnail, but it seems like a huge waste of bandwidth and time to me.

BTW, QuickChanger now has some support options built in. Report bugs and request features right from the app, or you can go to

.: mobile enclave :.

or

.: mobile enclave forum :.

Regards,
    mobile enclave
    hi fellow dev here, to get the small images use the extractfs to get thumbnails.

if the file path is /media/internal/wallpaper.jpg
    change it to /var/luna/data/extractfs/media/internal/wallpaper.jpg:0:0:50:50:3

to get a 50x50 thumbnail.