Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    PM sent as well! Can't wait!!
    Got it installled. Loving it.

question: what does nan in nanplayer stand for?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Got it installled. Loving it.

question: what does nan in nanplayer stand for?
    Never ask, Nancy.
    yeah, I got it a few days and wow, it's great and super fast.
    love to get a beta of it
  6.    #66  
    @laingman It mainly stands for "Not a Number". It's an error code that's seen when you do something like divide by zero. I chose it because the app isn't about numbers, as I hate coding stuff like business and number crunching database apps.

I've found that you can actually see the NaN error in the time display of the stock Palm video app when a video is taking a while to load. It seems like the programmer forgot to make sure that he had a valid number value before displaying it :\ It has nothing to do with my app though.
  7.    #67  
    @njforcedlife77 Send me a PM and I'll put you on the waiting list for an invite.
    I would also love to test your app, I'll PM you and eagerly await.
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
  9. wxl
    still waiting, impatiently and excitedly
    Is this app still under development?
    When will it be released?
    And where? In the app catalog? Did you remove the libraries from the code which were the cause of rejecting your app?
    Your inbox is full... but I'll keep trying. Would love to try this out...

B
    love to test it also.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    PM sent!
    PM sent!
    Actually it was sent a few days ago.
  15.    #75  
    Thanks guys. I am currently deciding what to do about beta testing going forward. Now that the WebOS 2.0 SDK has been announced, I am planning on incorporating some of those new features into the app.

The problem is that very few people will have access to 2.0 to help with testing. Palm was going to allow beta testers to apply for the Early Access program. However, after last night's controversy with the leaks, that is going to become much more difficult.

That being the case, I am going to finalize several features that are not dependent on WebOS 2.0 and release at least one more major beta version before moving on to a WebOS 2.0 compatible version. It will likely be a few weeks before that happens. I'll send out some more invites when that is ready.
    Last edited by Blubble; 09/03/2010 at 01:56 PM.
    It looks like Palm will finally allow me to release NaNplayer when WebOS 2.0 is released. Lets hope it is sometime this fall as they have publicly announced. Thanks to everyone for your support and patience.[/QUOTE]

JC i'm happy for you, and glad that you stuck with this to date! love the app, and its made my music listening experience great! Can't wait to officially purchase this in the catalog.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Tears down the side of my face right now at beta testers probably now being denied Early Access. Well, not actual tears, but you know. I was totally up to creating new hoops to jump through for that. Phooey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Thanks guys. I am currently deciding what to do about beta testing going forward. Now that the WebOS 2.0 SDK has been announced, I am planning on incorporating some of those new features into the app.

The problem is that very few people will have access to 2.0 to help with testing. Palm was going to allow beta testers to apply for the Early Access program. However, after last night's controversy with the leaks, that is going to become much more difficult.

That being the case, I am going to finalize several features that are not dependent on WebOS 2.0 and release at least one more major beta version before moving on to a WebOS 2.0 compatible version. It will likely be a few weeks before that happens. I'll send out some more invites when that is ready.

It looks like Palm will finally allow me to release NaNplayer when WebOS 2.0 is released. Lets hope it is sometime this fall as they have publicly announced. Thanks to everyone for your support and patience.
    Is it still possible to apply to early access? Even though it will take longer to actually get a reply
  19.    #79  
    I am not sure what's going to happen with Early Access. From what has been publicly posted, it is currently shut down to any new admissions.

I can't speak for Palm or guess what they will do in regard to admissions in the future. I hope they do still allow some beta testers to join in the future. Otherwise, it will be very difficult for devs to test their apps prior to the release of WebOS 2.0.

For any official notifications about the Early Access program, you should follow Chuq on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/webosdev
  20.    #80  
    Hey folks, One little side note. I know that a lot of you have watched the videos I posted on YouTube a while back and I'm glad you like them. Just keep in mind that those videos are really old(from February I think) and the app has progressed a lot since then. A whole slew of new features have been added, including some that even the beta testers haven't seen yet I am also working on several new features that will be in place in time for the final release.

I think the best way to summarize my vision for NaNplayer is to give you the power and flexibility of a desktop music app in the palm of your hand. Pun intended
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast