Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    People Finder for Google Latitude

Want to see where your friends are around town? Want to track your children’s location? Wondering if a loved one is on the way home from work yet? Lost your own phone? People Finder will automatically transmit the location of your phone and share this information with friends and family. This information can be viewed from another phone with People Finder installed or from the internet. Best of all, there are no monthly service fees! You pay for the app once and have unlimited use of this service. Once installed, People Finder will transmit your location as frequently as once every 15 minutes so long as your phone can obtain a GPS lock. Family and friends who also have People Finder installed can bring up a Google map which shows your location in either a street map view or satellite photo view.

People Finder also allows you to view Google traffic information and search for businesses in your immediate vicinity. Your privacy is always in your hands as only those who you have formally invited through People Finder can see your location. You can choose to withhold location information at any time or only publish the city you are located rather than providing exact location. People finder can even help you track down your own phone if it goes missing by allowing you to view your phone’s location at iGoogle.

People Finder uses Google Latitude services which means you can share and view location information with Android based phones and the iPhone.

Check out People Finder on YouTube:

Screenshots

Download it here:
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=3203
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TIWizard; 06/03/2010 at 03:57 PM.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    uh...and so... how do I get it?
    until this is released, there is another latitude app in the catalog. just search for Latitude...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    until this is released, there is another latitude app in the catalog. just search for Latitude...
    yea but have you seen the reviews for that app? It has alot of 1 star reviews
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    uh...and so... how do I get it?
    It will be available soon. I'll post the lnk when Palm approves the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by yobgup View Post
    yea but have you seen the reviews for that app? It has alot of 1 star reviews
    The only issue I have is related to the whole aGPS stuff. Once I get a lock, it works just like it does on my BlackBerry. Nothing impressive, but it does the job.

Once this app is out, I'll certainly be giving it a look.
  7.    #7  
    The only issue I have is related to the whole aGPS stuff. Once I get a lock, it works just like it does on my BlackBerry. Nothing impressive, but it does the job.

Once this app is out, I'll certainly be giving it a look.
    I've made sure that People Finder works on the widest range of phones, including those with GPS problems. I have a test phone that has issues getting an accurate lock, but I have worked around the problem.
  8.    #8  
    cool, I will add this to my list for "buy an app day " on sunday!
  10.    #10  
    cool, I will add this to my list for "buy an app day " on sunday!
    Let me know how it works for you

I have another update coming soon. Nothing major, just some more fixes to help out poor GPS locks.
    I purchased the app and is it possible to add the option to let the user select the time intervals to update?
    Last edited by mamouton; 06/05/2010 at 04:34 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I purchased the app and is it possible to add the option to let the user select the time intervals to update?
    It is definitely something I am considering... Right now the app will update your location as frequently as every 15 minutes, but only if you have a GPS lock. It gets kind of complicated with the wide range of phone hardware (and GPS reliability) to make sure that it gets updated every X minutes.

Update submitted with a few GPS location enhancements that should make updating with a bad GPS signal more reliable.

Just noticed it is #2 on the Palm Hot Apps Fast Mover list! Up 187 spots today, 949 this week! :O
    Yes I notice it updates frequently I get the icon in the dashboard but say I am at work and wouldn't necessarily want or need it to update every 15 minutes setting for every hour or four hours then would be great unless you put a on/off switch instead of the clicking to enable updating
  14.    #14  
    Yes I notice it updates frequently I get the icon in the dashboard but say I am at work and wouldn't necessarily want or need it to update every 15 minutes setting for every hour or four hours then would be great unless you put a on/off switch instead of the clicking to enable updating
    Another idea would be "intelligent" updating (if you move, update more often, stay put and it is less often) or user selectable updating based on times (7:00 to 5:00 PM update every hour, else update every 5 minutes).

All things for future updates
  15.    #15  
    The update should be out now... Let me know if you have any requests/bug reports.
    So in order to have a friend show on the app they have to register to google latitude? How did mine work? Is my avatar coming from my latitude account? Cause I don't see an avatar on the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    The update should be out now... Let me know if you have any requests/bug reports.
    Does this update include the user defined update intervals?
    Silly question maybe but does this app have to open in order for it to work or does it run in the background too? My blackberry updates in the background and would be really SWEET if this does too.
  19.    #19  
    Does this update include the user defined update intervals?
    Next one does

Quote Originally Posted by bwgath View Post
    Silly question maybe but does this app have to open in order for it to work or does it run in the background too? My blackberry updates in the background and would be really SWEET if this does too.
    This one updates in the background if you want it to.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    So in order to have a friend show on the app they have to register to google latitude? How did mine work? Is my avatar coming from my latitude account? Cause I don't see an avatar on the map.
    To change the picture see this FAQ:
    http://support.wizardapps.net/forum/...ction=lastpost
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast