Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Up and running with the app! any suggestions for setup? Should I leave the app auto updating or will this drain my battery in an hours time? Seems to work nicely!
    Oh and like others are saying, user defined location updates (time intervals) would be a great add on to the next update!
    Just bought this app for both myself and my kid. Seems to work pretty well so far.

$3 as opposed to $5/month per phone for Sprint Family Locator - sold!
    other than the user selected auto updating, I honestly do not see the benefit to this app over going to the url latitude.google.com and letting latitude show up on the native google maps app. If there is any benefit, it sure was not shown in the demo video.
    Correction. The URL to visit to get the latitude features to appear on the Pre in Google Maps is Google Latitude
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    other than the user selected auto updating, I honestly do not see the benefit to this app over going to the url latitude.google.com and letting latitude show up on the native google maps app. If there is any benefit, it sure was not shown in the demo video.
    You hit the nail on the head. It allows auto updating. Which is nice, especially if you are using it to keep an "eye" on your kids. The next update is suppose to allow for user specified updates, time wise. Right now it will update every 15 minutes but there are no other options to increase or decrease that frequency.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12