Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    I am again having the issue where sports live does not autostart at game time, seems to happen after each update, only this time it hasn't fixed itself.
    very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    just updated. Thanks for adding ncaa FB. I question your choice of default favorites, though :-)
    also much thanks for autostart to ticker again. The pop up annoyed the crap outta me. Great app. 5 stars
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Thanks for changing the start up to ticker back. That is my preferred use and glad to have it back.

The college football seems to suffer from the same quirk as the NFL... This Saturday's games are in the ticker already. I take it there is no way to change it so Saturday's games will only appear on Saturday? (This doesn't seem to be a problem for other sports... If an MLB team has an off day tomorrow's game is not listed, etc.)
    I'll look into that for you. Luckily, the college football games include the day (so it should say "tomorrow", "Saturday" or something like that).
    Sports Live!: info | download
    Market Pulse HD: info | download

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I am again having the issue where sports live does not autostart at game time, seems to happen after each update, only this time it hasn't fixed itself.
    very frustrating.
    I think something happens to app "alarms" (Palm's term) during app updates. Did toggling it off and back on help?

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolutions View Post
    I'll look into that for you. Luckily, the college football games include the day (so it should say "tomorrow", "Saturday" or something like that).
    That's what I'm getting...in this case for this weekends University Football games it says Sept 11th. Working like a charm!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    back again - this time my question is am I the only one having false starts of games mid week that aren't scheduled until the weekend? In a prior post which I have removed I stated that I was unable to get updates - there were no updates as there were no games that day... Is it just me or is this a long standing bug in the program?
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r View Post
    back again - this time my question is am I the only one having false starts of games mid week that aren't scheduled until the weekend? In a prior post which I have removed I stated that I was unable to get updates - there were no updates as there were no games that day... Is it just me or is this a long standing bug in the program?
    If you're talking about pro football, then yes, there's been an outstanding issue for start times of those games, which has also been discussed earlier in this thread. Our data provider only includes the game time, but not the date, so the app doesn't know when to notify you of the game beginning.

I have good news though! We were able to find a workaround to it, so the next version will include the date for pro football games, similar to how it's done for college football. Look for the update next week!

Find us on Facebook
  8. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    If you're talking about pro football, then yes, there's been an outstanding issue for start times of those games, which has also been discussed earlier in this thread. Our data provider only includes the game time, but not the date, so the app doesn't know when to notify you of the game beginning.

I have good news though! We were able to find a workaround to it, so the next version will include the date for pro football games, similar to how it's done for college football. Look for the update next week!
    That is awesome. I came here with a problem, and there's already a solution. Can't get better than that.
  9.    #149  
    We're also considering a new option to filter some matchups that show up in the ticker (scoreboard is not affected). Given that football (both pro and college) games are shown for the full week, we received many requests to only show games in progress. Our plan is to add 3 options: active, completed and upcoming. You'll be able to toggle each one on/off to limit what's shown in the ticker.

If you have any thoughts or comments, please reply as soon as you can. We want to include it in the next update, which should be finalized in the next few days.

Find us on Facebook
    nope- i unchecked and rechecked it, and it didnt load with the latest update.

perhaps it has to do with the fact that my favorite baseball team the mets stink anyway...?
  11.    #151  
    nope- i unchecked and rechecked it, and it didnt load with the latest update.

perhaps it has to do with the fact that my favorite baseball team the mets stink anyway...?
    That could be it. :-)

Also, make sure the alarm bell is marked (yellow) next to the team. The star just adds the team to your favorites (ticker and top of scoreboard). The bell enables alerts for the team.

Find us on Facebook
    hmmm, never even knew there was a bell there before. i did indeed mark the bell yellow. lets see how it works tonight when the mets get ready to lose, again.
    i dont recall having to do that in the past though, when I would add my team as a favorite with notifications on, the app would start up around game time. was this a new feature added recently? i apologize if this was mentioned in one of your app update logs.
    also, why does the app preload favorites everytime a new sport is added to the program? i had to delete for "favorite" college football teams even though I dont follow college football.

thanks for your help, will keep you uptodate about tonights game.
  13.    #153  
    hmmm, never even knew there was a bell there before. i did indeed mark the bell yellow. lets see how it works tonight when the mets get ready to lose, again.
    i dont recall having to do that in the past though, when I would add my team as a favorite with notifications on, the app would start up around game time. was this a new feature added recently? i apologize if this was mentioned in one of your app update logs.
    also, why does the app preload favorites everytime a new sport is added to the program? i had to delete for "favorite" college football teams even though I dont follow college football.

thanks for your help, will keep you uptodate about tonights game.
    The bell has been there for a while, but there was a bug in a previous update where the game start alert occurred even if the bell was off. A lot of people took that as a feature, so when it was fixed, it looked like it was really broken to them!

Regarding new sports, we add a couple favorites by default just so people realize that a new sport was added. You would be surprised at the number of people that don't bother to check the sports list before asking if a sport exists in the app.

For your reference, if you aren't interested in a sport, you can disable it completely by tapping the Edit button after picking the sport. There will be an option titled "Disable this sport". When you do so, it completely removes it from your view (both scoreboard and ticker) and pushes it to the bottom of the sports list. You can always enable it again later. Disabling unused sports also speeds up download times.

Find us on Facebook
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    This app rocks! So happy to see college football added and can't wait to use it tomorrow. Everything is so well done : ) I'd rate this the #1 app as to why webOS steamrolls over the iPhone : )
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by timmo View Post
    This app rocks! So happy to see college football added and can't wait to use it tomorrow. Everything is so well done : ) I'd rate this the #1 app as to why webOS steamrolls over the iPhone : )
    If you haven't done so already, we would really appreciate it if you can post a review in the App Catalog so everyone can see what you think of the Sports Live! suite of apps. Thank you in advance!

Find us on Facebook
  16.    #156  
    If you haven't done so already, we would really appreciate it if you can post a review in the App Catalog so everyone can see what you think of the Sports Live! suite of apps. Thank you in advance!
    Version 1.7.1 is available now. Palm continues to amaze me. They approved this update in under 18 hours!

Find us on Facebook
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    @moresolutions

did you guys decide to put the option in for just "live" sports in the ticker? Meaning it would only display games currently going on?

Just a thought on this - would suggest the on/off slider in ticker options as follows:

- Past games
    - Current games
    - Future games
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by edoeding View Post
    @moresolutions

did you guys decide to put the option in for just "live" sports in the ticker? Meaning it would only display games currently going on?

Just a thought on this - would suggest the on/off slider in ticker options as follows:

- Past games
    - Current games
    - Future games
    It's there, almost exactly as you described. You'll see:
    - Upcoming games
    - In-progress games
    - Completed games

Find us on Facebook
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edoeding View Post
    @moresolutions

- Past games
    - Current games
    - Future games
    nevermind....just got the update! nice!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I've gotta say you may be impressed with Palm but I'm impressed with the constant upgrades you guys have made in the last months. Not every sport may be covered but Live Sports! is one of the best, if not the best, of showing off what the WebOS UI can do.

Thanks for all your great work. Love the new update, especially the ticker options.
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast