Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    Outstanding update! The white bar is officially GONE!!! Thanks for the outstanding support More Solutions!!!

sj
    You beat me to the post! Glad to help!
    Sports Live!: info | download
    Market Pulse HD: info | download

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Sports Live stopped opening up before game time two updates ago. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by procure View Post
    Sports Live stopped opening up before game time two updates ago. Any ideas?
    +1

I don't want to miss the start of games. the best thing about this app was the auto start. What's up??
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dentz View Post
    +1

I don't want to miss the start of games. the best thing about this app was the auto start. What's up??
    It works for me. I had this problem at one point, not sure what version, and I uninstalled and reinstalled and that did the trick.
    Amazing app! By far the best app I have purchased for the pre.

I do agree with jhoff80. I often can not access my phone at the start of a game and when I try to check the score an hour later the calendar notification is there instead. Is it possible for it to be another preference?

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I understand that sort of, but maybe a setting to continue refreshing even if nothing is hit would be nice?

As it is now, if nothing is pressed, the app becomes useless. One of the benefits of an app going off in the dashboard is that you don't really have to pay attention to it and it's still running / notifying you whenever you check.
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by dentz View Post
    +1

Make sure you have the alarm icon on (it should be yellow) next to your favorite team. The star icon adds them to the ticker, but the alarm icon is needed to receive score alerts and for the app to start automatically at game time.

There was a bug in an earlier version where the app would open if the alarm was off, which may explain why it was "working" for you before.

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by minimalposter View Post
    Amazing app! By far the best app I have purchased for the pre.

I do agree with jhoff80. I often can not access my phone at the start of a game and when I try to check the score an hour later the calendar notification is there instead. Is it possible for it to be another preference?
    I've been debating about the right solution here. Let me know what you think of this...

- We got complaints from people that have the app set to open scoreboard and ticker. If a game started and they were using their phone, the app would open and interrupt what they were doing.
    - My proposal is that we leave the calendar-style notification, but if it isn't touched for a certain amount of time (10 minutes?), then it will automatically go away and the ticker (not the full scoreboard) is opened.

What do you think?

Find us on Facebook
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolutions View Post
    Make sure you have the alarm icon on (it should be yellow) next to your favorite team. The star icon adds them to the ticker, but the alarm icon is needed to receive score alerts and for the app to start automatically at game time.

There was a bug in an earlier version where the app would open if the alarm was off, which may explain why it was "working" for you before.
    All better, THANKS
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Bummer. I like the way that it worked. I want the app to open up automatically, but I don't need to receive score alerts. Why was that considered a bug? Maybe they should be separate options.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by procure View Post
    Bummer. I like the way that it worked. I want the app to open up automatically, but I don't need to receive score alerts. Why was that considered a bug? Maybe they should be separate options.
    Agreed. I am a big fan of it opening at game time. Not as big of a fan of the alerts.

Also was disappointed to see the Championship dropped, as it was one of the two leagues that I really appreciated getting updates on from the app, but I assume it was dropped because it is considered a minor league?
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Agreed. I am a big fan of it opening at game time. Not as big of a fan of the alerts.

Also was disappointed to see the Championship dropped, as it was one of the two leagues that I really appreciated getting updates on from the app, but I assume it was dropped because it is considered a minor league?
    If you don't want score alerts, you can toggle it off on the main settings page (under Alert Options, turn Show Alerts off). If you do that, the game time notifications should still happen, but you won't get a ringtone/vibrate/blink with it.

Regarding the Championship League, our data provider dropped support for it and replaced it with the Scottish Premier League. We're searching for an alternate provider, but that's a longer term effort.

Find us on Facebook
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    That helps. Thanks.

As for the Championship not sure if it helps at all but there is an app that can pull the scores from all of the English leagues, I believe from the BBC. Not sure the details of it but it is called "back of the net" if you are curious. I assume with college sports coming there are much bigger things to worry about.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I was looking through the app catalog today and came across an app called "Bundesliga Live." I thought it was from the same developer as Sports Live because of the name, but see that it is not.

I posted in this thread earlier about adding more Soccer/Domestic Football Leagues. Is there any possibility that we will see the German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, Spainish La Liga domestic leagues supported?
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw
    That helps. Thanks.

As for the Championship not sure if it helps at all but there is an app that can pull the scores from all of the English leagues, I believe from the BBC. Not sure the details of it but it is called "back of the net" if you are curious. I assume with college sports coming there are much bigger things to worry about.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check on it, but you're right... it's nothing but college football right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mnotar91 View Post
    I was looking through the app catalog today and came across an app called "Bundesliga Live." I thought it was from the same developer as Sports Live because of the name, but see that it is not.

I posted in this thread earlier about adding more Soccer/Domestic Football Leagues. Is there any possibility that we will see the German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, Spainish La Liga domestic leagues supported?
    We're still looking into those leagues. It really depends on the number of interested people. We've heard from a few people, but honestly, there aren't many so far.

Find us on Facebook
    question/comment/request

1) App doesn't show date for next game, just opponent and time. Can you add date, plz.

2) Scoreboard always opens to baseball. Can you add preference to set which sport you want to open with scoreboard launch, plz.

3) Any timetable on College Sports, specifically football?
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by houshokm View Post
    1) App doesn't show date for next game, just opponent and time. Can you add date, plz.
    Working on it, but it's unlikely in the short term.

2) Scoreboard always opens to baseball. Can you add preference to set which sport you want to open with scoreboard launch, plz.
    If you are running version 1.6.2, go to the favorite teams page of the sport you want first. Then, tap the Edit button at the top-right corner and choose "Mark as favorite sport".

3) Any timetable on College Sports, specifically football?
    It's in progress. If all goes well, then we'll send the update to Palm for approval during opening weekend. If problems show up, then obviously it will take more time.

Find us on Facebook
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check on it, but you're right... it's nothing but college football right now.

We're still looking into those leagues. It really depends on the number of interested people. We've heard from a few people, but honestly, there aren't many so far.
    Thank you for the response. That's too bad the interest isn't there. I guess I'll stick to keeping ESPN Soccernet in a card on match day for those leagues. Maybe add UEFA Champions League in the future? Since there is already support for the English Premier League I assume there was interest in it. There's a good chance that those same people would love to be able to see their teams (Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc..) in their ticker when they are competing in the middle of the season. Just a suggestions, as it would do a great job of meeting the few people that wish to keep track of their Italian squad, or Spanish, German, etc. If the demand isn't there for that either, I understand.

Thank you once again for the response.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    Thank you for the quick response. I fixed the favorite sport ad I anxiously await the other to fixes/modifications.

Working on it, but it's unlikely in the short term.

If you are running version 1.6.2, go to the favorite teams page of the sport you want first. Then, tap the Edit button at the top-right corner and choose "Mark as favorite sport".

It's in progress. If all goes well, then we'll send the update to Palm for approval during opening weekend. If problems show up, then obviously it will take more time.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    If you don't want score alerts, you can toggle it off on the main settings page (under Alert Options, turn Show Alerts off). If you do that, the game time notifications should still happen, but you won't get a ringtone/vibrate/blink with it.
    I did this, and it did open up the app, but it looked like an alert with a couple of options. I liked the way that it would just start the ticker and put it in the dashboard without any user intervention.
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r View Post
    Using Ver 1.6.2 Just gave app a zero in the catalog - I don't like basball so I disabled the sport and all others except american football and basketball the app won't load - if I pick my three football teams and one basketball team the scores won't load even after using the refresh button - app buggy - a don't buy
    Do you see a red X in the top left corner of either the full scoreboard or ticker? If so, that means you don't have a network connection, so refreshing scores is disabled (to save battery life). When your connection is back, the refresh button is enabled again.

Also, try restarting the phone. That can clear up glitches, especially if the phone is running low on memory.

Let me know how it works out.

Find us on Facebook