Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Hi,

A few days ago, I noticed that Sports Live had stopped working (it didn't open itself up before a game as it used to). I was out of the country with no internet access for a while, but it didn't work even when I returned. I thought I would try deleting and reinstalling, but during the delete my phone reset. It may have been because I did not close the app first. Anyway, now I'm unable to reinstall. When I try, the status says "Downloading", but the progress bar never moves. Were there some files left behind that are preventing me from reinstalling? Any help please? Thanks.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by procure View Post
    Hi,

A few days ago, I noticed that Sports Live had stopped working (it didn't open itself up before a game as it used to). I was out of the country with no internet access for a while, but it didn't work even when I returned. I thought I would try deleting and reinstalling, but during the delete my phone reset. It may have been because I did not close the app first. Anyway, now I'm unable to reinstall. When I try, the status says "Downloading", but the progress bar never moves. Were there some files left behind that are preventing me from reinstalling? Any help please? Thanks.
    We've experienced the same webOS bug. If you delete an app while it's already open, it can cause the phone to reset and leave your phone in a weird state.

If you go the "My Applications" page in the App Catalog (tap the shopping bag icon on the main page), do you see the phantom app described in the link below? If so, just follow the instructions to fix it and then you'll be able to download again.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...-download.html
    Sports Live!: info | download
    Market Pulse HD: info | download

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    60 days until college football! Does it look like this feature will be added by then?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolutions View Post
    We've experienced the same webOS bug. If you delete an app while it's already open, it can cause the phone to reset and leave your phone in a weird state.

If you go the "My Applications" page in the App Catalog (tap the shopping bag icon on the main page), do you see the phantom app described in the link below? If so, just follow the instructions to fix it and then you'll be able to download again.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...-download.html
    Thanks for the quick reply. I did not see any phantom apps, but I followed the instructions in that thread anyway (deleted InstallHistory.db) and was able to reinstall successfully. Now I just need to see if the app will open itself when a game starts. Thanks!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    60 days until college football! Does it look like this feature will be added by then?
    Working on it. No guarantees yet though!

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    I noticed the app does not start anymore when my ny mets games start. I confirmed in the settings that it is set to start, but it doesn't.

please help.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I noticed the app does not start anymore when my ny mets games start. I confirmed in the settings that it is set to start, but it doesn't.

please help.
    The auto-start capability isn't reliable if you don't have a data connection when it tries to download the start times. Usually, toggling it off and then back on seems to work.

With each version, it's getting better, but we're still working at it.

Find us on Facebook
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Hi All, I have the Hockey and Football Live apps (loved the hockey app during the playoffs!) and was just wondering if the app runs in the background all the time, or just turns itself on when you have the auto-start feature set up. Just curious as I was wondering if there would be a performance hit.

Great Job with it!
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by toddpsyd View Post
    Hi All, I have the Hockey and Football Live apps (loved the hockey app during the playoffs!) and was just wondering if the app runs in the background all the time, or just turns itself on when you have the auto-start feature set up. Just curious as I was wondering if there would be a performance hit.

Great Job with it!
    The app does not run all the time in the background. It is automatically started shortly after noon ET to download the start times for each of your favorite games and exits (this is done in the background with nothing visible on your phone). Then, the ticker is automatically started again when the game starts.

The auto-start logic is still a bit finicky, especially in odd situations (like no Internet connection around noontime) or poor signal areas. So, it may not always work, but we're working on improving the reliability.

Find us on Facebook
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolutions View Post
    The app does not run all the time in the background. It is automatically started shortly after noon ET to download the start times for each of your favorite games and exits (this is done in the background with nothing visible on your phone). Then, the ticker is automatically started again when the game starts.

The auto-start logic is still a bit finicky, especially in odd situations (like no Internet connection around noontime) or poor signal areas. So, it may not always work, but we're working on improving the reliability.

Thank you Sir!
    My auto start hasn't worked since the last update. I'm in the same places I've been since before the last update. I know it's finicky, just saying it seems to have actually gotten worse for me.
  12.    #52  
    Do you play fullscreen PDK games (like EA or Gameloft) on your phone? Or, do you get the "too many cards" error? Those can both cause the auto-start to never fire because the phone won't be able to launch our app. There's a known webOS bug that has been witnessed by many in the Palm developer forums.
    Any possibility that the alert tone can be tied to system sound volume or ringtone volume? instead of music volume?

It's been a while since I've looked at the SDK so I'm not sure that it's possible, but it'd be very much preferred for me, since I sometimes have the music volume low and then don't hear my alert tone.
    the app is great, but doesn't always load on it's own, esp after an update

why does this keep happening?
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Any possibility that the alert tone can be tied to system sound volume or ringtone volume? instead of music volume?

It's been a while since I've looked at the SDK so I'm not sure that it's possible, but it'd be very much preferred for me, since I sometimes have the music volume low and then don't hear my alert tone.
    I'll look into this. I don't think it's possible, but I'll double check to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    the app is great, but doesn't always load on it's own, esp after an update

why does this keep happening?
    There is a webOS bug that causes background app requests to never launch if the system is low on memory. This usually happens if you have PDK games (such as EA or Gameloft) or if you get the "too many cards" error. As a result, our app is never automatically started.

Restarting your phone usually works, but even that isn't perfect. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do until Palm fixes it. Quite a few other developers have witnessed this behavior and Palm knows about it too. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Find us on Facebook
    nope,

I have pdk games, but not running at the same time as sportslive. And even when I do restart the phone, the app doesn't always load.

I don't know what a too many cards error means, cuz I have a pre plus.

hope the app works tonight, the mets game starts in at 10 eastern time..
    I don't know if this has been reported anywhere, but after the 1.4.5 update last night I am having an odd issue. The notification area seems to go white once the phone goes to sleep. Then I can't get it to come back to give me updates on scores. I end up having to swipe it away and restart.It seems to be when it cycles to the notification area that would bring up the full app. Hadn't happened until I received the update.
    that's odd,,its working fine for me.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    First let me say - I love this app. The best money spent on an app in years.

One thing I noticed today - the schedule for Football pre season seems to be off. It says there are games today when they are actually on Friday.

Also, a question...is it possible to have the user select the time the app opens and gets the daily schedule. I ask b/c when the Premiership starts this weekend, games are 5 hours ahead which means by 12 AM EDT when the app downloads the day's schedule, games have already started. Of course if the schedule is loaded the previous day this is a moot point.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    I don't know if this has been reported anywhere, but after the 1.4.5 update last night I am having an odd issue. The notification area seems to go white once the phone goes to sleep. Then I can't get it to come back to give me updates on scores. I end up having to swipe it away and restart.It seems to be when it cycles to the notification area that would bring up the full app. Hadn't happened until I received the update.
    I haven't that issue with 1.4.5. I'm not sure if it will help, but you can try deleting and reinstalling the app.

Find us on Facebook
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast