1.    #1  
    So i just made a new app called Eclipse OS which allows you to run a OS in Landscape mode in two types, dark or light. This OS launches apps common on the palm pre and faster than opening the app up through the launcher! Its speed difference isn't much but it is faster. Most of my apps are free but with ads but since this is in landscape mode, i'm thinking of making it a paid app. What do you people think? I will release a beta soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    looks pretty cool....i might pay for this. Why the lack of color tho?
    Can you explain how it actually loads up apps faster than the WebOS launcher itself?
    I'm very curious as to how that works.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Can you explain how it actually loads up apps faster than the WebOS launcher itself?
    I'm very curious as to how that works.
    To be honest, i have no idea. However i did many tests on virtual machines and pres and it happened to be faster. I guess since webos distributes the memory to loaded apps, opeing apps from an app is a higher pripority than the internal launching of a single application.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    looks pretty cool....i might pay for this. Why the lack of color tho?
    Lack of color, know idea. Had this thought, and made the app. I'll start on a new one with more color yeah based on how this one is though...
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubhotsauce View Post
    To be honest, i have no idea. However i did many tests on virtual machines and pres and it happened to be faster. I guess since webos distributes the memory to loaded apps, opeing apps from an app is a higher pripority than the internal launching of a single application.
    That's quite interesting. Does it do the same when trying this on the pre/pixi themselves?

Edit: Sorry, didn't read your whole post! My bad. Read over 'pres'
    I'm looking forward to trying this out, though
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
  7.    #7  
    That's quite interesting. Does it do the same when trying this on the pre/pixi themselves?

Edit: Sorry, didn't read your whole post! My bad. Read over 'pres'
    I'm looking forward to trying this out, though
    Yeah, i've only tried it for the pre but i'd bet it would work for the pixi too. I'll develop one for the pixi and see if it does and the app is currently on web distribute. Im considering it for the app catalog...what do you guys think?

Eclipse OS Download
    I can't seem to find the app through web distribution feed on preware; using the palm site's text-app thing never works either. (Really, it's never worked with any app. I never get the text from Palm. Odd.)
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
  9.    #9  
    I can't seem to find the app through web distribution feed on preware; using the palm site's text-app thing never works either. (Really, it's never worked with any app. I never get the text from Palm. Odd.)
    LOL, i aint gonna lie, it never worked for me either! It should be on Preware though, i checked yesterday and it seemed to be there just not working (this app doesn't exist thingy) but i checked today and it's there now.
    It does not work for Pixi Plus. Can you make a Pixi version? Thanks!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
    It does not work for Pixi Plus. Can you make a Pixi version? Thanks!
    Just started making a pixi version