Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When are we going to see apps like the have on the iPhone? Apps like Angry Birds, or stick skater... Whats the hold up its been over a year now.
    Maybe in a good 6-9 months from now.
    well, there are close to 100 million iphone users and I think there are less than 5 million webos users (someone correct me if i'm wrong), so that may be a reason why developers are focused on the iphone. As for style, the apps available for both are of the same style/quality.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    As HP pumps $$ into Palm/webOS the devs will follow...as well as users
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    As HP pumps $$ into Palm/webOS the devs will follow...as well as users
    Exactly. I'm curious how HP is going to approach the smartphone market. I'm sure they are going to focus on the high end smartphones.
  6.    #6  
    I just know how much better our phone is compared to the competition. It just sucks to have an app catalog that I have zero use for. I use preware as my app catalog but patches are only fun for a few min. and tip and strip me repeats its self, the woot app is cool for 10 sec. once a day. Cant wait to get my hands on the new Groucho Marx sound board or one of the many fart sound apps. I'm Just glad I kept my touch, I just wanted to have one device with me when I'm out and about.
    Last edited by ProCision; 05/29/2010 at 02:59 PM.
    If you wanted iphone type apps, why didnt you just buy an iphone?
  8.    #8  
    ATT is by far the worst network out there. I like sprint and this phone seems to have a ton of promise. I dont like the iPhone, just all the kick *** apps they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCision View Post
    When are we going to see apps like the have on the iPhone? Apps like Angry Birds, or stick skater... Whats the hold up its been over a year now.
    They are porting them as fast as they can.

The real question is when will people be interested in writing top tier native apps for WebOS. I don't believe that is ever going to happen no matter how much money HP has. Money does not buy users. Contrary to what many would like to believe, the iPhone is not just a marketing phenomenon. It changed the way we think about mobile phones. It literally transformed the way the mobile industry does business. WebOS has little to offer besides being not Apple. There are simply not enough people who want an Apple-like experience that will not buy an Apple product.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I just know how much better our phone is compared to the competition. It just sucks to have an app catalog that I have zero use for. I use preware as my app catalog but patches are only fun for a few min. and tip and strip me repeats its self, the woot app is cool for 10 sec. once a day. Cant wait to get my hands on the new Groucho Marx sound board or one of the many fart sound apps. I'm Just glad I kept my touch, I just wanted to have one devise with me when I'm out and about.
    Like one good grammar and spell check app, then you would be all set.
    exactly what are you looking for. Or should I say,what do you need that app catolog does not have? Just curious. To say the whole catolog is useless is pretty harsh. I have many many apps I use on a daily basis for everyday living,,important things like checkbook and jogstats,to name a few. I have atleast 20 apps on my phone that make my everyday life much easier. Then there is the fun,,really not needed but fun apps. Pandora makes my workouts at the gym great. From the quit smoking app to the animated smilely faces, I just love all these apps. Webos is bearly a year old and it keeps getting better.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    exactly what are you looking for. Or should I say,what do you need that app catolog does not have? Just curious. To say the whole catolog is useless is pretty harsh. I have many many apps I use on a daily basis for everyday living,,important things like checkbook and jogstats,to name a few. I have atleast 20 apps on my phone that make my everyday life much easier. Then there is the fun,,really not needed but fun apps. Pandora makes my workouts at the gym great. From the quit smoking app to the animated smilely faces, I just love all these apps. Webos is bearly a year old and it keeps getting better.
    Something that is better then "the helicopter game". You really need a quit smoking app? Here's how you quit, stop buying them. Pandora is about is useless as FM radio, repeated songs after repeated songs, then when you skip enough songs it plays songs from artists that you never heard of and you cant skip them. Let me get on your twitter so when you tweet your jog stats I get them. (jogstats does look like a nice app, not something that I would use, but does look good.)

I have found one app that is great, "Free Music Ringtones" is about the best app that I have found. Apps that I am looking for, check the itunes top 10 list and let me know if there is anything that comes close to those.
    I've very rarely had Pandora repeat songs; even if I've been listening to a station for hours. Also, isn't Pandora supposed to play songs from artists you've never heard of? That's one of the best things about it. Pandora has introduced me to many great artists that I've never heard before.

I will agree that FM radio is useless though...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I've very rarely had Pandora repeat songs; even if I've been listening to a station for hours. Also, isn't Pandora supposed to play songs from artists you've never heard of? That's one of the best things about it. Pandora has introduced me to many great artists that I've never heard before.

I will agree that FM radio is useless though...

There are times where i find myself liking some of the artists that I haven't heard of, its rare though. An app that we "NEED" is a Sirius app, I would resign back up with Sirius if they had an app.
    There are times where i find myself liking some of the artists that I haven't heard of, its rare though. An app that we "NEED" is a Sirius app, I would resign back up with Sirius if they had an app.
    Oh, definitely. I would pay for a Sirius app and subscription!
    The Apps for Android are even better .
    Unless WEB OS becomes succesfull the APP catalog will suckk. If HP can reserect WEB OS and make it more popular then developers will come and in a year or 2 our PRE APP catalog will look good. But I see no changes in the 10-15 month period. Developers are just staying away just like the General public. I stopped even looking at the APP Catalog a while ago. just junk. I miss Sling Player. Be glad to give the EVO a look next week. and with Sling coming could be a good move. Lets hope HP makes WEB OS a little bigger and better in the next year or two. Finger crossed.
    Something that is better then "the helicopter game". You really need a quit smoking app? Here's how you quit, stop buying them. Pandora is about is useless as FM radio, repeated songs after repeated songs, then when you skip enough songs it plays songs from artists that you never heard of and you cant skip them. Let me get on your twitter so when you tweet your jog stats I get them. (jogstats does look like a nice app, not something that I would use, but does look good.)

I have found one app that is great, "Free Music Ringtones" is about the best app that I have found. Apps that I am looking for, check the itunes top 10 list and let me know if there is anything that comes close to those.
    Maybe you should buy a Droid (can't believe I said that ). You obviously don't like the Pre. If the helicopter game is the best you've found in the catalog, you haven't been looking very hard. The Ringtone app is very good, but I doubt that most would consider it the best app in the catalog.

People needs are individual, rather than slamming Zmann for using a quit smoking app - allow for the fact that not everyone's needs are the same. I have absolutely no value in using a Sirius app, but you do. I don't understand why when there are a number of good radio apps: Radiotime, Radio Hibiki, Pandora, and a few other I didn't mention. Including Public radio and AccuRadio. (Please don't tell me Howard Stern )

I'm not looking to be amused by my phone, to me the apps are tools and if I get bored with something after a few days (to use your phrase), it's probably a sign that I didn't really need it anyway. Nor do I waste time trying to produce "Pre-ness envy" (I should copyright that phrase) in my friends by feeling the need to do something with my phone that they cannot do - though it happens at times. It's pretty shallow to measure you worth by what my phone can or cannot do.

There are holes in the Palm catalog, but not as many as some make out and the gap closes every day. What exactly are you missing that make you so strident?
    Something that is better then "the helicopter game".

OMFG!! Seriously??

EA? Gameloft? GLU Mobile, Laminar Research? Just to "go there" since "Helicopter" was the best game you could find?? It's not even worth the effort to point out WebOS has 85-90% equivalents for ANY top 10 list for iPhone.

"Please return your Pre to the nearest Palm affiliated retail store. Jobs is waiting for you..."

-CK
    Palm Anti-FUD Team
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Maybe you should buy a Droid (can't believe I said that ). You obviously don't like the Pre. If the helicopter game is the best you've found in the catalog, you haven't been looking very hard. The Ringtone app is very good, but I doubt that most would consider it the best app in the catalog.

People needs are individual, rather than slamming Zmann for using a quit smoking app - allow for the fact that not everyone's needs are the same. I have absolutely no value in using a Sirius app, but you do. I don't understand why when there are a number of good radio apps: Radiotime, Radio Hibiki, Pandora, and a few other I didn't mention. Including Public radio and AccuRadio. (Please don't tell me Howard Stern )

I'm not looking to be amused by my phone, to me the apps are tools and if I get bored with something after a few days (to use your phrase), it's probably a sign that I didn't really need it anyway. Nor do I waste time trying to produce "Pre-ness envy" (I should copyright that phrase) in my friends by feeling the need to do something with my phone that they cannot do - though it happens at times. It's pretty shallow to measure you worth by what my phone can or cannot do.

There are holes in the Palm catalog, but not as many as some make out and the gap closes every day. What exactly are you missing that make you so strident?
    Most of my comments are to come off as humorous rather then me sounding upset. Maybe my problem is I don't know what I want. I seem to have no issues finding apps that are very addicting in iTunes. I love Howard Stern and could listen to him all day long. I do actually, I download the show as it plays great on my pre'. Baba Booey, Baba Booey.

I will check out the EVO, but there is no chance at me getting it. I like my pre' just wish it was more established by now.

If it's really going to be a year or two from now for the app catalog to "look good" then I will be out of here, and a lot of others will to. Palm/HP really needs to get there mind in the game or they will just fall flat. Maybe I will take a closer look at the EVO, but that is a really high dollar phone and cant see dropping that kind of coin on it so I can have a better app catalog. Ill just stick with my Pre'/Touch combo.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    OMFG!! Seriously??

EA? Gameloft? GLU Mobile, Laminar Research? Just to "go there" since "Helicopter" was the best game you could find?? It's not even worth the effort to point out WebOS has 85-90% equivalents for ANY top 10 list for iPhone.

"Please return your Pre to the nearest Palm affiliated retail store. Jobs is waiting for you..."

-CK
    Palm Anti-FUD Team
    I didn't mean the helicopter game to be the best i found. Its a free app in our app catalog. Other app catalogs have free games that top EA, Gameloft and many others. I'm not dropping $5+ for a game to play on my phone. $.99 would be the max I would spend. If all the EA and Gameloft games were $.99 they would have made more then what the already have with those games.

1. Angry Birds
    Clickgamer.com
    Angry Birds
    2. Bowmaster
    iOccam
    3. Doodle Jump
    BE WARNED: Insanely Addictive!
    4. Cyanide and Happiness
    Content House
    5. TETRIS®
    Electronic Arts
    6. Battery Doctor Pro
    Max Your Battery Life
    7. Skee-Ball
    Freeverse, Inc.
    8. Pocket God
    Bolt Creative
    9. Talking Carl
    Awyse
    10. Fruit Ninja
    Halfbrick Studios

list the webos equivalents to the top 10 list. Really looking for Angry Birds equivalent, I cant find anything that comes close. To top it off that game is $.99.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast