Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    i have not had a cigg in 14 months
    congrats!
    Yea those fart apps are must have important apps. You can play with with you Tinker Toys.
    Most iPhone app Devs don't take WebOS seriously and are not likely to start any time soon. It's just not a financially sound move for them.
    If you're waiting for the Palm App Catalog to turn into Apple's App Store start holding your breathe ....................... now.
    (psst, it ain't gonna happen)
    The Saint
    I totally agree, I'm tired of watching my friends write music on their phones and all I can do is record a dumb ringtone via some cheesy app. I hope change comes quick or I might have to jump ship. I love my phone but I'm really bored with it. Really.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    Yea those fart apps are must have important apps. You can play with with you Tinker Toys.
    And the first one is here. I wonder how many more we will get in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    congrats!
    thankyou very much. Never felt better,,i am a gym rat now and at age 41 am in the best shape of my life.
    It seem like gameloft and the other companys are making new games for the iphone but yet we are getting the old iphone games that are ported.

And it sucks

http://www.tipb.com/2010/05/27/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-conviction-iphone/

Where is our Splinter Cell Conviction, We haven't had any new 'ports' from gameloft in a while! What's the deal!!
    Last edited by OneDeep; 05/29/2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    It seem like gameloft and the other companys are making new games for the iphone but yet we are getting the old iphone games that are ported.

And it sucks

http://www.tipb.com/2010/05/27/tom-c...iction-iphone/

Where is our Splinter Cell Conviction, We haven't had any new 'ports' from gameloft in a while! What's the deal!!
    maybe they aren't selling enough anymore...

When they first came out they where doing very well, since we didn't have enough 3d games.. I think alot of users have had enough 3d games, and for those who haven't theres a fair amount now... They'll start again when palm ships more units..
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    maybe they aren't selling enough anymore...

When they first came out they where doing very well, since we didn't have enough 3d games.. I think alot of users have had enough 3d games, and for those who haven't theres a fair amount now... They'll start again when palm ships more units..
    I stopped buying 3d games in Jan. because I always got too many cards pop up. So maybe their waiting for palm to fix it. But I would buy Splinter Cell since I didn't buy it on my Xbox
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I stopped buying 3d games in Jan. because I always got too many cards pop up. So maybe their waiting for palm to fix it. But I would buy Splinter Cell since I didn't buy it on my Xbox
    get the advance launcher menu patch, and run garbage collectors before, and after the game, and your fine (takes two seconds)...
    Good morning, all. I see there was a nice rant or two about how Apple is limiting what people can do and treating them like prisoners, or some other such nonsense. The problems with these types of arguments is that they do not align with reality.

Before the iPhone, there was no app store as we know it today. The thought of increasing the capability of one's phone via third party software was so foreign to most average consumers, they couldn't even use all of the capabilities the phone shipped with as the carrier disabled many features. Now, the app store provides people with 150,000 ways to increase functionality for free, in many cases. There are probably a thousand new apps a day on the app store for people to download and use. Try telling people like me that I am being held back when I have every kind of app I have ever wanted on a mobile platform and multiple good choices of those. There is no version of reality where I am being held back.

Pre owners, however, are being held back by the fact that no one wants to create quality apps for their platform of choice. You have to wait until Palm pays, or otherwise "encourages" some successful iPhone app company to port a few crumbs to the Pre table. Notice, even Gameloft is not making native WebOS apps.

None of my iDevices are Jailbroken, yet I can do so much more with those services than what At&t and Apple envisioned when they made them available. Who knew the iPad would make such a great phone ala Line 2? Who knew they would make great musical instruments and songwriting tools? Who knew I would have every arcade game I ever cared about as a child in my pocket? Who knew I would be able to create and perform presentations from these devices? Who knew that every book I would want to buy would become a large print, or audio book with the touch of a virtual button or two?

I could go on in this manner all day. That is why your anti-Apple propaganda about taking away choice and functionality falls on deaf ears. For anyone taking advantage of the ecosystem Apple created, the choices seem limitless, and are expanding daily. All of that happens inside a "closed" development platform. You might want to find a livelier horse to beat.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    The fact of the matter is that the PDK isn't a cure all at all (mainly because it is lacking on the non-gaming side of things) and the WebOS SDK is too weak and lacking in order to accomplish much. Adobe Air will help a bit if it ever gets implemented. But, really, if you want to see rapid development in WebOS, Palm needs to support Java. I know, I know...I'm sure somebody is going to try to rip me a new one for saying it, but, you need to think rationally and look at where the market is heading. HP/Palm shouldn't be looking at the Iphone app catalog as a place for potential WebOS developers. They should be looking at the Google Marketplace. Android applications are java-based. Porting a native Iphone application to WebOS is a very tedious process. Porting a java application over WebOS isn't that complicated, especially if you look at it as a plugin layer. Allowing developers to use Java plugins would allow Android applications to be easily ported to WebOS and bring a whole lot more to WebOS in terms of functionality. Sadly, Palm has decided to all but eliminate java from WebOS. In the end, it will be a big mistake.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Uh, shouldn't this be in Cross-Platform chat? Especially considering it's full of people who haven't gone to their nearest AT&T store and picked up the iPhone yet and are choosing to whine about it on here instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Uh, shouldn't this be in Cross-Platform chat? Especially considering it's full of people who haven't gone to their nearest AT&T store and picked up the iPhone yet and are choosing to whine about it on here instead?
    +1
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
  15.    #55  
    .. never mind
    Last edited by ProCision; 06/02/2010 at 04:20 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123