1.    #1  
    TVCatchup.com is looking for testers for a service for WebOS (at last!)

TVCatchup Forums

Let's help them and see if we can finally get access to iPlayer content and others.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 05/29/2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Thread moved - PM Sent to OP
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    That link above isn't working....requires user-name and password.

<<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Text is :

"Hi All,

We are looking for a few testers to test our mobile platform, before releasing it to the wider world. If you want to be a tester, it's very easy to become one. Just make sure you meet these criteria:

* Have WiFi and a 3G connection (ensure you have a sufficient inclusive data allowance or you may end up with a large phone bill! You must have 3G coverage. GPRS & Edge coverage are not sufficient)

* Have a TVCatchup account

* Have a smart phone (Palm, Blackberry, Android, etc. Unfortunately we're not seeking Windows Mobile testers at this time)

The actual testing process will only take you 5-10 minutes to complete, however if you're accepted you can spend as much or as little time as you like testing.

If you wish to apply to be a beta tester for these streams, please reply to this thread with what phone you have, what version of the operating it's running (not strictly required if you don't know), and what mobile network you're on.

We expect testing to start imminently. If you are chosen, you will be contacted via Private Message, so I recommend either enabling email alerts of new private messages, or check back over the weekend to see if you've been chosen!

Just to clarify we do NOT need iPhone, iPod or iPad testers currently."

If you're willing to help them out - register and post on the thread.

PLEASE NOTE - THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE UK JUST NOW!
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  4.    #4  
    Quick update - it has moved into a PUBLIC beta service and is working for me

TVCatchup Mobile
    Sounds very cool. I'd like to try out
    It works great - very nice addition to the phone. Pretty much freeview in your pocket
    I would like to try the beta
    Have an o2 palm pre with webOS 1.4.1
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/11/2010 at 01:58 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Just point your Pre's browser to TVCatchup Mobile and register. There's no app to download - just a web login required.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I would like to try the beta
    Have an o2 palm pre with webOS 1.4.1
    The beta is open - all you have to do is go to TVCatchup Mobile and login with your TVCatchup username
    finding it very laggy on HQ even with wifi, hopefully its a problem i can sort out at my end
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    The beta is open - all you have to do is go to TVCatchup Mobile and login with your TVCatchup username
    Thanks guys but the third post down made me think there was some sort of testing method we had to adhere to.

Anyway, I have a few problems. The image is freezing up after a a few minutes. Are we able to get sound because at the moment I don't have any?
  12.    #12  
    I think it's taking a bit of a hammering today - world cup and first day of the beta coincided.
    Neither HQ or LQ work for me with wifi. WebOS 1.4.1, no video patch installed. Endless buffer...
    Well it is a beta - they need people facing problems like you to report your findings in the forums so that they can fix it
    Does it require any specific package before it gets going? I can't even watch it on my desktop PC
  16.    #16  
    No - it just streams using rtsp. Working fine for me from both Pre and laptop.
    That's weird
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by miafey View Post
    That's weird

iPhone spoof has been show to break TVCatchup for WebOS now : http://discussion.treocentral.com/gs...-catch-up.html

If you have it installed, remove it or you'll be getting a redirect to the iPhone site - main clue will be a .m3u8 playlist file downloading.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    iPhone spoof has been show to break TVCatchup for WebOS now : http://discussion.treocentral.com/gs...-catch-up.html

If you have it installed, remove it or you'll be getting a redirect to the iPhone site - main clue will be a .m3u8 playlist file downloading.
    That's weird, I tried the iPhone spoof once, but did not like it and removed it.

However I'm getting the .m3u8 downloading and thus failing.

I'll try to make sure it's removed correctly, otherwise I'm stuck :-(
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway