1.    #1  
    For the regular out there, I apologize.. I'm carying on like a stuck record about this.

As a Verizon Plus customer, I really expected Palm to be supported when they brought ou Skype for BlackBerry and Android phones... Nadda.
    Then the announcement about HP acquiring Palm and WEBOS... Nadda

Anyone connected to somebody at Skype? A neighbor,... a relative... anyone?

Is there a really great reason WEBOS is STILL NOT supported (I thought all the API issuea had been cleaerd up. Better not be some insider deal between Verizon and Skype - I will totally have a fit if something like that comes to pass...

THIS IS REALLY GETTING ME DOWN! My Pre+ is such a cool, liberating device. I can untether myself from notebooks, LANs, WiFi, and operate pretty well on my phone... except for SKYPE.

Anyone?
    Last edited by jbg7474; 05/29/2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language
    I agree. I'm hoping one of the home brewers will create a Skype app. I'll bet it would be a top selling app in no time!

With Vonage I don't pay for the call anyway, but I'd like to be able to do it when I'm not at home...
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    +1 only prob is the rear faced camera but great for free voice calls overseas!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    there is no official microphone support for the SDK or PDK yet.

you can do this via "pre-ware" type initiatives; but these are not officially supported by Palm, so you are going to be all upset when things change and then the applications no longer function. it isn't skype's fault - but in any event, who says skype watches these boards? post them an email directly and get in communication with the source.
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
    Quote Originally Posted by ardiri View Post
    there is no official microphone support for the SDK or PDK yet.

you can do this via "pre-ware" type initiatives; but these are not officially supported by Palm, so you are going to be all upset when things change and then the applications no longer function. it isn't skype's fault - but in any event, who says skype watches these boards? post them an email directly and get in communication with the source.
    Don't blame Skype...blame Palm for no mic API...
    Even if I couldn't do skype calls, I'd like to have skype chat for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I use Skype at work. I need this more than anything. Please Palm, please provide Mic API to Skype as soon as possible so they can work on creating Skype for Pre. Thanks.
  8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I use Skype at work. I need this more than anything. Please Palm, please provide Mic API to Skype as soon as possible so they can work on creating Skype for Pre. Thanks.
    They can't here you... Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

Figure the more we hammer them their marketing group will consider such requests as an actual consumer demand. At least that's the way it works for my company's development team.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  9.    #9  
    "They can't here you... Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA "

+1 done!
    The mic api is being released in the fall. I guess we'll just have to wait until then.
    In the meantime one can use IM+ Skype for Webos (IM+ Talk :: WebOS :: Products)
    It uses Skypeout credits but on the occasion I needed to Skype from my Palm Pre it has come in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The mic api is being released in the fall. I guess we'll just have to wait until then.
    Ahhh so THIS is why we don't have conferencing software, and no realtime musical instrument tuners/sound level meters.

I have to ask then how do the Google Voice clients work?
    Last edited by copasetic; 06/02/2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Pre Keyboard glitch
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Ahhh so THIS is why we don't have conferencing software, and no realtime musical instrument tuners/sound level meters.

I have to ask then how do the Google Voice clients work?
    Connect to Google Voice server, which is just like calling from your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.