Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    So does Youmail completely bypass Sprint's voicemail? Can you still call in and hear your voicemail using Youmail?
    Yes, and yes. I created a hotkey to call in to YouMail since the Sprint Pre doesn't let you reassign the voicemail shortcut (which still goes to your Sprint voicemail box). I check messages by phone very rarely, though—having visual voicemail is so much more handy (via email or YouView).
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Yes, and yes. I created a hotkey to call in to YouMail since the Sprint Pre doesn't let you reassign the voicemail shortcut (which still goes to your Sprint voicemail box). I check messages by phone very rarely, though—having visual voicemail is so much more handy (via email or YouView).
    What kind of notifications do you get on the Pre? Just an email notification or does the YouView app give you a notification?
    YouView polls voicemail in the background every 5 minutes, and gives you a dashboard notification along with message count and last caller. If you don't use YouView, YouMail can be configured to send email and/or SMS notifications.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    The notification's key. I forwarded my voicemails to google voice, but finally gave up because of no voicemail notification. Text messages are nice for immediate notification, but sometimes I don't feel like checking right away, so I read the text and lose my notification, and forget that I have a VM.

If there was just a GV app that all it did was pop up a notification on my VM's, I'd be fine. I can even live with the web client.

Now I'm trying out YouMail. Don't like the 100 VM limit on the free version, and if I like YouMail I'll probably get the $2/month version. Do like having folders, though, and the client is nice.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    why don't you just have Google Voice messages come as an email with the message attached? You can have those filtered to a folder of your choosing.

leave the SMS option on too, so your notification isn't lost in email notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodner View Post
    Now I'm trying out YouMail. Don't like the 100 VM limit on the free version, and if I like YouMail I'll probably get the $2/month version. Do like having folders, though, and the client is nice.
    Make sure you test it before giving them your money. I have Sprint and the YouMail greeting is delayed at least 5 seconds from when the phone stops ringing (from the caller's perspective.)

That's a huge gap and some people may just hang up thinking there is no voicemail. I've been back and forth with YouMail support and basically gave up.

I use Google Voice and the greeting is almost instant, no 5 second delay, so I don't think there is a problem with Sprint's call forwarding.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123