Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ...and since he is holding a gun, I'd listen...

Mr vick, have you checked into youmail.com? Please don't shoot!
    Isn't that a picture of the commish? I wouldn't fear him, if I were you.
    Got everything set up with Youview, had to call Sprint to get the callforwarding set up because the Pre was shooting error messages. Bought the app, it's nice. Gotta get home and get these google contacts to Youmail.
    the only downside to the current youview client is that it doesn't play though my bluetooth headset, or phone speaker... I can listen to it through the speakerphone, or through the headphone jack. If I don't happen to have a wired headset with me, I just call the 714 number to retrieve my voicemail in the old-school manner so I'm not broadcasting my voicemail to those around me. Eventually I'll get a BT headset that supports a profile the youview client can play through...
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    I have no idea who that is. I'm just having fun with the gun thing...
  5.    #25  
    you guys never seen the shield? Check it out, it was one of tv's best.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    How is my post wrong? Or nasty? Simply stating facts, in a very non-agressive manner. You can read into it what ever you please I suppose. You can stalk all you want, I could care less, one police report on file already....no worries. At least I didn't have to create an ID for the sole purpose of harrassing like you did....
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I am simply hoping your next phone works out better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    what a stupid pdf post....i said google voice sucks on the pre, try to stay on topic will you...
    you guys never seen the shield? Check it out, it was one of tv's best.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by shcole View Post
    How is my post wrong? Or nasty? Simply stating facts, in a very non-agressive manner. You can read into it what ever you please I suppose. You can stalk all you want, I could care less, one police report on file already....no worries. At least I didn't have to create an ID for the sole purpose of harrassing like you did....
    uht oh. police reports? stalking? *******? exposure? what is this, the engadget comments section?
    I agree with you. Youmail is one of the few paid apps that I have purchased, and it has been worth it. It works great. I was mad that I had to pay for an app to get visual voice mail, when I had it on my instinct, and when every other smartphone has it, but that is a Palm issue, not Youview's fault. It has filled the need, and for $5, I can get over not having it included.
    You sold me!

Pardon my newbiness, but is YouMail (YouView Visual Voice Mail) its own animal, i.e does one need a separate Google Voice app, or does YouMail have a built-in Google Voice type thingy going on?
    It sucks.

No dedicated app. No longer any homebrew apps, (i'm not paying for youmail to check a free service) so there is basically no way to listen your voicemails on your device. The transcription sucks and is basically useless. The web app sucks and i can no longer check my voicemails that way. It's frustrating. Going back to Sprint voicemail till I get an android phone.
    I wouldn't be so quick on that judgment. Let's just say I know of someone who has started to work on a google voice dedicated app. Can't say anything more because it JUST started, but I will let him announce things when he is ready.

Oh, but I agree with you, the transcription is HORRID.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'd like to see this as well.
    GV has improved their mobile web-based controls, but I still can't use the dialer or change some of the other important settings.
    I have no problem streaming or downloading vm from the emails I receive, and I much prefer to do that rather than having to dial into a voicemail system. I do wish that I could listen to them on the earpiece rather than the speakerphone speaker on the back though.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  13.    #33  
    Back to Sprint VM and it isn't so bad. I just coudlnt stand the fact that i COULD NOT listen to my voicemails when i wanted to. Really frustrating. Here's hoping for a better App.
    Wouldn't that be because it's the only real option since google voice has pretty much been abandoned? Maybe HP's engineers should work on a google voice app. Highly doubt it's one of the 750 apps in McKinney's mailbox, although it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I personally think the youview app was worth them money, and if you look at the rankings it continues to be at the top of the best-selling category...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I don't understand why not of the devs around here have taken on a Google Voice app. I mean, even if it is only an app interface to the website, it's gotta be better than what we have to work with now.
    I'm actually dreading going back to the Pre for a bit while I give up my Evo to a coworker and wait on the Epic. Have had an increase in voicemail and have found the gvoice app to work really well on Android. The mobile site for me doesn't seem to download audio with my Pre so I'm stuck with the transcriptions only.

Actually, I think I'll hop on facebook and post about the HP engineers should spend a little time working on a gvoice app.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I won't date myself by saying I know what you're talking about, but if I did, I'd think this was pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I'm actually dreading going back to the Pre for a bit while I give up my Evo to a coworker and wait on the Epic. Have had an increase in voicemail and have found the gvoice app to work really well on Android. The mobile site for me doesn't seem to download audio with my Pre so I'm stuck with the transcriptions only.

Actually, I think I'll hop on facebook and post about the HP engineers should spend a little time working on a gvoice app.
    Haha... You get "dread" when you check voicemails? Baw.
    YouMail has worked really well for me, and it's free. If you don't want to pay for the YouView app, try the email notification option and configure YouMail to send a Plain-Text email message and attach the audio as MP3. The Pre's mail app can play these inline with a single tap so it's very easy to check your voicemail via email.
    So does Youmail completely bypass Sprint's voicemail? Can you still call in and hear your voicemail using Youmail?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast