1.    #1  
    Like the iphone and android devices have? To share a pic, you simply bump phones with each other and the other person gets the picture, or contact or whatever it is.
    nothing stopping us now, just dont know if anyone has done it. didnt we just get better bluetooth support to be able to send files easier over WIfi? add that with the accellerometer and write a nice animation to the transition...
    PalmOS let us beam business card info to other PalmOS devices more than 10 years ago...
    E mail This Guy and ask him to develop the Bump app for palm WebOS: <info@bumptechnologies.com>
    I'm going to BUMP this thread because I saw Bump working on an iPhone... and that's freakin' cool.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Holy Resurrected topics Batman
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    how would they pass the info with no IR port like PalmOS had? Could it be done with bluetootj?

I'm curious how the other guys are doing it.
    Considering I don't know anyone else with a Pre ....................................
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    how would they pass the info with no IR port like PalmOS had? Could it be done with bluetooth?

I'm curious how the other guys are doing it.
    was wondering the same thing, how does the bump actually work, the actual transfer can be done using bluetooth/wifi/internet.... , but how does the phone know when it was bumped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Considering I don't know anyone else with a Pre ....................................
    Lol, good one ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    PalmOS let us beam business card info to other PalmOS devices more than 10 years ago...
    Need an IR port for that....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    How bump works

A: There are two parts to Bump: the app running on your device and a smart matching algorithm running on our servers in the cloud. The app on your phone uses the phone's sensors to literally "feel" the bump, and it sends that info up to the cloud. The matching algorithm listens to the bumps from phones around the world and pairs up phones that felt the same bump. Then we just route information between the two phones in each pair.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    How bump works

A: There are two parts to Bump: the app running on your device and a smart matching algorithm running on our servers in the cloud. The app on your phone uses the phone's sensors to literally "feel" the bump, and it sends that info up to the cloud. The matching algorithm listens to the bumps from phones around the world and pairs up phones that felt the same bump. Then we just route information between the two phones in each pair.
    /me wonders what will happen the next time there's a good sized temblor in LA.
    Iphones have this feature? Isn't that the defination of Bumpin Uglies? LOL
    so youre advocating phone sex lol
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)