1.    #1  
    can only download one ringtone and if you download it overwrites them
    I have not had that problem. I have downloaded many. I had to use the usb cable to move them to the ringtone folder before I could see them in any application such as sounds or alarms. But, I had no problem downloading a bunch... I suggest that you post this in the forum thread for that application where the developer is likely to see it and offer help.
    so you're using the ring tone app to get sounds for text messaging and other alerts?

so when you get a text, a 30 second song plays?
    me? no, I use them for various alarms I set
    It is always writing them to the same filename. You would have to rename the file each time you download. I would imagine that will be a future enhancement. The other app (free music ringtones) names them with the artist and song title so it's not a problem.
    free music ringtones is the jam... best app in terms of does exactly what it says perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It is always writing them to the same filename. You would have to rename the file each time you download. I would imagine that will be a future enhancement. The other app (free music ringtones) names them with the artist and song title so it's not a problem.
    Well, that isn't my experience. I just downloaded 4 clips, checked the directory via USB, and they are all their names correspond to name/artist, etc. Unfortunately I have to move them to the ringtone folder before I can use them... That needs to be fixed for a paid app, IMHO.

I'd suggest that you PM the developer or visit his official thread for assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Well, that isn't my experience. I just downloaded 4 clips, checked the directory via USB, and they are all their names correspond to name/artist, etc. Unfortunately I have to move them to the ringtone folder before I can use them... That needs to be fixed for a paid app, IMHO.

I'd suggest that you PM the developer or visit his official thread for assistance.
    Is there a paid version of the app?

I've only looked in the ringtones folder, perhaps it is downloading them somewhere else that I haven't looked. Either way it's not a problem for me, but I think that is the same thing the OP is experiencing.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 05/26/2010 at 11:04 PM.
    I am using the paid version. It puts them in a folder called iTunes Search... It needs to be changed by the developer to put them in the RINGTONES folder, IMHO
    The newest version of iTunes Search (look at the file repo: Directory Listing of /) and iTunes Search Premium have the possibility to download more than one preview.

on iTunes Search the "ringtone" will be allways stored in the ringtones folder when downloaded or set. in the premium edition the downloads will stored in a custom folder neither you changed it in the settings to ringtones (because you can download podcasts too)

to say that this "free music ringtones" app is the jam: wrong. it was builed up on iTunes Search so its the same basic code.

greez
    TheRealLink
    Quote Originally Posted by kjparfekt View Post
    free music ringtones is the jam... best app in terms of does exactly what it says perfectly.
    Thank you I have a good deal more planned as well, so please stay tuned!
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    iTunes Search Premium have the possibility to download more than one preview.
    Ok, now I understand, thanks. I never saw the paid version.